MT...good pay?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by jlrieman, May 1, 2008.

1. jlrieman

jlrieman New Member

I have a friend who is wanting to go through a medical transcribing course. I don't know anyone who does transcribing....so we were wanting to see if anyone knew what the going pay was. She wants to be sure its worth going through the course? Can anybody help?
    Thanks!

2. opendomain

opendomain New Member

I hear the industry has changed so much that getting work can be VERY difficult. Though this is just what I've read

3. westfam11

westfam11 Member

I am a work-at-home transcriptionist and yes the field has really changed. The biggest problem is outsourcing which is pretty much common in other areas also.

The going pay for contract work is anywhere from .07 cents a line to .10 cents a line depending on experience. So if you are a fast typist you are going to make $20.00 to $25.00 dollars an hour. If you are slower it will be a little less.

Hope that helps,

Becky

4. MedTranHome

MedTranHome New Member

I make $30/hour doing medical transcription.

Most experienced ones make anywhere from $24,000 to $50,000+ with their own accounts.

5. Homeboy

Homeboy New Member

mtathome: Most experienced ones make anywhere from $24,000 to $50,000+ with their own accounts.

Wow, I have to say I'm pretty surprised and impressed by that! If I may ask, how did you get started in this? Where can one go to apply? Etc. I'm sure this could really help some people!

Thanks! [​IMG]

6. MedTranHome

MedTranHome New Member