Multiple Squidoo Accounts

Discussion in 'Squidoo' started by showmestate, Feb 9, 2009.

1. showmestate New Member

Hi All,

I'm starting to venture into Squidoo. I saw in the Squidoo 'what' form that one can have multiple Squidoo accounts, but with different usernames. Does this mean the Squidoo First Name and Last Name can be different as well or just the username? It further mentioned to ensure to have different email addresses.

showmestate
  2. getagrip Gold Member

You will have to create multiple accounts with different user names, although your first name and last name can be the same for the different accounts - you will just need to use a different email address.
  3. showmestate New Member

What happens if one used different first name and last name? Is that even permitted?
  4. Marktech Member

showmestate: What happens if one used different first name and last name? Is that even permitted?

Well, It's not quite ethical. You'll get email from Squidoo with the name you gave to the email account you gave.

I suppose someone could possibly get their account suspended, for me Squidoo is just too much of a good thing to take many risks.
  5. showmestate New Member

Ok, thanks I was just wondering, when I read that and also saw someone mention that they had multiple accounts.
  6. mountainmom5 Gold Member

I use my name on some of them but not for all of them.

Initials work.[IMG]

But, yes, Squidoo requires a seperate email for each account so you can just go to gmail or somewhere, set up an account and then use that.
  7. ka7952 New Member

Do you know if I open second account from the linke from my first account, will I get referral bonus in my first account after my second account earns $25 as Squidoo normally allows you to promote referrals?
  8. Marktech Member

ka7952: Do you know if I open second account from the linke from my first account, will I get referral bonus in my first account after my second account earns $25 as Squidoo normally allows you to promote referrals?
    Really! Didn't know that. Might give it a try.
  9. drawnear New Member

Is it beneficial to have more than one account and if so why? I would think keeping track of all your lens would be easier in one place.
  10. redsadie New Member

mountainmom5: I use my name on some of them but not for all of them.

Initials work.

But, yes, Squidoo requires a seperate email for each account so you can just go to gmail or somewhere, set up an account and then use that
    drawnear: Is it beneficial to have more than one account and if so why? I would think keeping track of all your lens would be easier in one place.
    I have three Squidoo accounts at the moment, two under my name and one under a pen name. S'ok so far, I have different email (gmail) accounts too just forwarded on to my main gmail account. I also have this for Ezine Articles too. I do this because I promote different things, so when I hit upon a topic I think looks good, I check it's viablity first and then run with it if it goes ok.

Hope that helps [IMG]
  11. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi SMS,

Last I checked, all you need is a different email addy and different lensmaster name. You can use your real name for the PayPal account for each lensmaster account.

KA: Last I checked the amount was $15 to generate a referral bonus (so that you get $5). Now I think they want it to be made within a single given month rather than cumulative from start to present though I could be mistaken.

If I were Squidoo, I would be savvy to trying to siphon a referral bonus from a previous account "owned" by the same person, so don't be surprised if you don't get a bonus that way.

That said, a referral bonus just showed up in my dashboard so I expect to receive it next payday. It does show who I got it from.

There is a column that tracks who has generated a bonus and who has not in regards to those who have signed up under your lensmaster account.

Just like the coop fund won't make you rich, the referral program won't do much for you either. The big money is in the money modules and in using your own affiliate link. Furthermore, there is value in backlinks that lead to your own sites plus traffic value.

Still, there's no harm in collecting coop Ads revenue plus the occasional referral bump [IMG] Might as well make money every way you can. There's wisdom in monetization diversification.

Warning: sometimes it's wise to only use an affiliate link and not use money modules as the two tend to compete with each other for clickouts.

Another bit of advice: It's okay to use multiple accounts but realize that you'll be spending the time tracking multiple accounts. You'll have to decide if it's worth it.

~Newbie Shield~