My Blog make me $418 a week!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by boosey12, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

dani_nae: can't you also write a press release on freepressrelease.com (which is ranked well with google I believe?) stating the "launch" of the blog as well as use free article submission in ezinearticles and go articles?

Hi Dani,

Sure you can. You can also create a Squidoo lens, comment in forums and blogs with a sig link, and get listed in the YAHOO directory if you like.

The more, the merrier but be sure to make high quality entries the main objective rather than volume. In addition to the content, the quality should be one of the main "messages".

~Newbie Shield~
  2. chrisbag

chrisbag New Member

Sorry for being a bit dumb

but what is pinging and how is it done. [​IMG]
  3. BeInProfitMode

BeInProfitMode New Member

Nah, you're not dumb. That's a good question.

A ping basically informs other sites such as Google, Yahoo, Technorati, any blogging directories that you have new information on your blog.

You simply go to a site like pingomatic.com and send a ping by putting in your blog title and url and submitting it.
  4. Homeboy

Homeboy New Member

Taison: It cant be that easy can it?

In theory, yes.

In reality it's a long, uphill battle that needs a LOT of patience and perserverence... (At least in my experience). *sigh*
  5. newbiz02

newbiz02 New Member

man where is boosey?

oh well, just because of adsense money im starting to hate the
    fact that im promoting squidoo. I dont have control of the adsense
    on it.

For that reason alone, i would choose hubpages over squidoo.
    Darn squidoo cutting into my loot. [​IMG]
  6. colso_y

colso_y New Member

Hey! I'm just starting out in the online worled. Looking into loads of things like affiliate marketing, creating products etc. Anyone got any advice? I just started a blog today but I don't really know what I'm doing!
  7. bdkfreedom

bdkfreedom New Member

Hey colso,

There are many different options for you to choose from! If it's affiliate marketing you want to try, you have to start out by finding a product that you are "crazy" about and truly believe in to promote. You can view these products by signing up to Clickbank.com and going to check out the marketplace. Incorporating a product into your blog is a great way to promote that product. Then all you have to do is get people to see your blog, drive traffic! Make a few sales and earn a nice commission!

****But might I add, keyword research is critical! If you choose a niche that no one looks up on search engines, you will have no sales=no $$!! Google keyword tool is vital!
  8. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

colso_y: Hey! I'm just starting out in the online worled. Looking into loads of things like affiliate marketing, creating products etc. Anyone got any advice? I just started a blog today but I don't really know what I'm doing!
    Hi Colso,

You should start with the free 30 Day Challenge to get a nice beginner's dose of online marketing fundamentals:

http://www.thirtydaychallenge.com/

After you complete it, you should have a good idea of what to do from there. Keep in mind that it's just the very beginning of your online marketing education.

Interact on this forum and read from other work at home and make money online sites. You'll learn quite a bit before you even have to pay for anything.

Good luck,

~Newbie Shield~
  9. Greatwoman

Greatwoman New Member

Thanks for the link to the 30 day challenge. Will try it out.
  10. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

If you are passionate about a subject then go ahead and write content about it. Your article can be placed on Google's first page and then you will be able to get lots of visitors which means more clicks, more readers, and more money.

Also know that a lot of your content that you are about to write may never reach the search engine's page #1 or any page for that matter. The real key here is writing something new every single day.
  11. Eco Gal

Eco Gal New Member

Thanks for the tips on blogging. I have been curious about how to get started. I'm glad I found this forum to help me out.
  12. Wayne Miller

Wayne Miller Member

boosey12, like you I won't go into too much detail on my blog, except to say that mine is on my website and I too use adsense. People come from all over the world everyday to comment on my blog and visit my site. So for those non believers I would say try it you'll like it!
  13. shutterbugjen

shutterbugjen New Member

Please share! I have a blog about children mine mostly but I do reviews on products, DIY ideas to do with kids, clothing parenting advice, tips, tricks the whole gamet and I have been doing this since August. The only problem is I can't seem to get more traffic, it seems like most my traffic is spammers and it is so discouraging. I haven't given up though because I really love it and I want it to work but a little advice would be so helpful!
  14. shutterbugjen

shutterbugjen New Member

How do you go about finding what phrases people are searching for most?
  15. Wayne Miller

Wayne Miller Member

use the Google Keyword tool, just Google it and you'll find it! There are thousands of tutorials on how to use it! Once you know then you can do keyword searches and you'll be ready to go! My advice is to learn every way there is to drive traffic to your site and never stop learning new ways. Do it forever and you'll get the results you want!
    shutterbugjen likes this.
  16. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hi Jen,

Your blog is really cute. I love the concept you've chosen as it is really precious. ;)

Yes, you can use Google's Adwords Keyword Tool. It's a free place to start. Like Wayne said, there are tutorials on how to determine what are the best phrases to choose, but you may find it challenging to wade through them as you're sure to find conflicting advice.

Wordtracker is another tool that some people use. They do have a free version of that as well as a paid version. Again, you'll find tutorials. Youtube is often a good place to find tutorials if you find the ones on the site difficult to follow.

I'd point you to reliable tutorials for those tools if I could, but I'm not "up" on what's the best on offer at the moment. I personally use a Brainstorming Keyword Tool, which is a proprietary tool exclusive to those who use SBI. It's pretty remarkable so I don't bother using anything else.

Just keep in mind that you want to focus on keyword phrases that have a decent demand (people searching) and low competition (not as many competing websites).

Blessings,
    Angie
    shutterbugjen likes this.
  17. realworldmyth

realworldmyth New Member

Congrats boosey! Blogging for dollars is NOT easy. And I don't recommend adsense...Google can easily ban you for no reason and then there goes all your hard work.

Build up an audience, promote products to that audience, and even create your own and sell to your audience. Build an audience and an email list. Your audience will also help get your word out by linking to you and sharing your content. This is the power of leverage.

Easy? no. Simple? Yes
  18. shutterbugjen

shutterbugjen New Member

Angie Thank you! If I could hug you through the computer I would ;)
  19. tkyles1009

tkyles1009 Member

Thank you for sharing Boosey! Adsense is a great way to get those pay per click $. Good read:)

Kind regards
  20. happywife

happywife Gold Member

You're quite welcome. I consider myself hugged! :)
    Blessings,
    Angie