My Miami Check wasn't deposited

Discussion in 'ASD - Ad Surf Daily' started by utket, Aug 7, 2008.

1. utket

utket New Member

I just put a stop on my check. My concern is that the government will come back after it even after I've been refunded - anyone else have any thoughts on this matter?

2. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

why would the government go after the check it you changed your mind and put a stop to it? It's not the government's check.

3. utket

utket New Member

I like your way of thinking Iggy, however, I heard a rumor (maybe just that) about someone having difficulty stopping payment on cashier's check that wasn't deposited, ie: bank said no problem, then called a day later and said they couldn't stop payment b/c it was now gov't property.

4. Vaussie

Vaussie New Member

utket: difficulty stopping payment on cashier's check that wasn't deposited, ie: bank said no problem, then called a day later and said they couldn't stop payment b/c it was now gov't property.

I was told they could not stop payment on my check although it had not been deposited by ASD. The woman on the other end of the phone (who was on the phone with the lady at my bank) said she had a lot of checks outstanding to ASD and that there was no way to stop payment on them.

I'm not going to get speculative here... I will wait until the ASD legal team has a chance to inform us of what they know. Again, patience!