My top ways to get free traffic

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by bertuseng, Oct 12, 2009.

1. bosco

bosco New Member

Kanga: I used Traffic exchanges following a specific technique, Article writing, social bookmarking and free classified advert and it is working great.
    wkathome: Kanga
    You peaked my curiosity about traffic exchanges. What's the unique technique? Care to share? I've tried several of those to no success, even bought solo ads and got no responses.
    Yeah, I was hoping to here you success with the TE's. I have made thousands promoting EZ Wealth Solution in the TE's but not by showing my referral page. I use an autoresponder (which in my opinion is the ONLY way to use TE's -- Get leads for YOU and not for your affiliate program) and my squeeze page offers a better offer than what the program offers, although without mentioning the name of the program.

It was the first real money I made online, but in terms of the time I spent, it was not good money, but compared to losing money like in years gone by, it was a good step in the right direction.

However I'm convinced that newbies need to wean themselves away from spending tremendous hours clicking ads, even if they've figured out a way to make some scratch in them.

Instead, learn skills and when you can, pay for your TE traffic and make sure to brand yourself and use a squeeze page / autoresponder so you can get leads. And instead of spending time you spend a budget you can afford.

Over time, the branding should pay off.

Of course, you need a good squeeze make that has a unique selling proposition that is very intriguing to the point of motivating them to give you their email address and then click the confirmation link they get that first email.

2. wendell wilkins

wendell wilkins New Member

I'd like to add my two cent. Article marketing has been really working for me. The aricles allow for prospects,be they business partners or customers,to get a personal feel for me. This way the lead becomes much more targeted.

3. chucks

chucks New Member

Great posts!

I'd just like to break them down into categories

-Social Media (youtube, forums, facebook, twitter, linkedin ...)
    -SEO (articles ,blogs ...)
    -Paid advertising ( adwords, CPA networks ,offline ad's...)

The key thing is to focus on one category, master it and then move to the next.

To your success,
    Chucks

Jacq1292 likes this.
  4. cjmo75

cjmo75 Guest

Another great way to get traffic is to put together a small ebook and put your link at the bottom of each page. This can also be used to give away on your website to build a list. You can also submit it to lots of free ebook directories and this will get your link out there. Inside the ebook, put a little disclaimer encouraging others to give away the ebook as well. This can have a viral effect and produce lots of free traffic for you. I've used it successfully several times.

5. tiawalling

tiawalling New Member

to get good traffic, i would bet my last dollar on traffic exchanges.

traffic exchanges may not be the best way for getting traffic but i am not complaining.

personally, i am getting regular sign ups to my affiliate programs from traffic exchanges AND i am earning from traffic exchanges as well.
    that's two birds with one stone!

so, i would recommend traffic exchanges!![​IMG]

6. cjmo75

cjmo75 Guest

I've always known that forums are a great way to get traffic, but I'm really unfamiliar with forum marketing. I've never really tried to use a forum to market a product, as I thought most forums prohibited it.

In most forums, the only place you are allowed to promote is in your signature, and even then you aren't supposed to promopt people to click on your signature. I've always just enjoyed chatting in them. That's not to say if there was a good method I wouldn't give it a shot.

7. RashmiP

RashmiP Guest

Bookmaking and networking in social media sites are the top ways to get traffic for me.

8. ryanbiddulph

ryanbiddulph New Member

I agree in that it's all in the content. Without bringing much to the table don't expect much in return.

I use:

1 - twitter
    2 - article marketing
    3 - blogging
    4 - ebooks
    5 - Facebook
    6 - forum marketing

I'm new to forum marketing but can see the benefit immediately. As for twitter it's my #1 traffic driver only because 96% of my tweets are content-based. They consist of my articles, blog posts as well as the articles of others. I am also a heavy RT. I'm somewhere in the 3:1 retweet to tweet range.

9. lsj99

lsj99 New Member

What kinds of forums do you join? Obviously ones like this won't generate too many leads - we're all in the same boat. Any tips?

10. josaphlewis

josaphlewis Guest

For getting traffice of your site use the follwing methods, forum posting, press release, directory submission, article submission, pay per click, blog commenting and blog posting, social bookmarkiong etc..

11. j11_cook

j11_cook New Member

tiawalling
    What are some good traffic exchanges to use?

12. j11_cook

j11_cook New Member

I have found a couple of free traffic exchanges that can be used. I thought I would share them.......

LinkMarket
    TelaLinks

I hope this can be useful.

13. mochamama

mochamama New Member

Great info in here. I have a question: what's your strategy for "Forum Marketing"?

14. busine55

busine55 New Member

Hi,

Great tips. As for me, I think these are great ways, which some will include the above tips. Here is my list.

1. Targeted Forums.
    2. Google Groups.
    3. Yahoo Groups.
    4. Craiglist.
    5. Yahoo Answers.
    6. Social Networking Sites.
    7. Social Book Marking Sites.
    8. Classified Sites.
    9. Newsgroups.
    10. Usenets.
    11. Newsletters.
    12. Video sharing sites.
    13. File hosting sites.
    14. Articles.
    15. Safe lists ( not too popular these days ).
    16. Reciporcal Link ( Link Exchange ).
    17. Search Engines.
    18. Submit to Directories.
    19. Press Release - only if you have good PR information or announcements to be made public.

Offline marketing ( need some money )
    -------------------------------------------------
    1. name cards.
    2. flyers.
    3. magazines.
    4. newspapers.
    5. words of mouth.

That's all i can think of..

Put to use these tips, but you have to sacrifice your time. I have learnt the hard ways too in the beginning.

Cheers !
    Vince

15. wrlawrence

wrlawrence New Member

These ar all great. I like to keep it simple with writting alot of key word focus content pages and diversify my link building with directories,social sites, articles and forums.

16. dslavinski

dslavinski New Member

1 - Social networking
    2 - Articles
    3 - Blogging

Those are my top choices for getting traffic, I wouldn't use a link exchange, in my opinion they are spammy and i think they would cause more harm to your natural traffic strategy. Don't try to get alot of traffic at once by using a link exchange. just write quality articles, meet people on your networking sites, and blog blog blog. Those three was of acquiring traffic will definitely prove to be worth your time, bring you traffic and increase your PR

17. dougt3985

dougt3985 New Member

Getting my site to #1 on Google for the keyword. I can't tell you the difference it makes just between the #2 and #3 spot versus #1. I usually work like a dog on a website until it gets to #1 , then start to see some sales come in. Then focus on the next website. The whole method of apply on page and off page SEO to get my sites to #1 in Google are totally free so you can ask for better than that in my opinion.

18. wrlawrence

wrlawrence New Member

My best way to get free targeted traafic to my site has been writting a lot of keyword focus content and getting links. The other methods help but i love to keep it simple and focused.

19. TChurch

TChurch New Member

Newbie Shield
    Pillar content haye? I've never heard of that, can you elaborate a bit more on what that is?

20. Justine

Justine New Member

Great lists of places.
    Article marketing, Forum posting and blog Commenting are my favorites.
    With Article Marketing - I love that the traffic comes not only from the directory where I published my articles but also from other blogs, where my articles have been published by those who liked my articles [​IMG]