My top ways to get free traffic

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by bertuseng, Oct 12, 2009.

1. marcromero

marcromero New Member

Wow I cannot believe no one mentioned facebook in this thread. Its a great way to get traffic when done properly. There is now over half a billion people in FB!

2. DylanC

DylanC New Member

I have been using some of these technices and Im not getting any traffic at all. I dont know what Im doing wrong.

3. zapbluecareers

zapbluecareers New Member

good post!

4. YourWealthCoach

YourWealthCoach New Member

One important thing you can do is to pick just one method of online marketing and get really good at it. Don't scatter all your focus and attention on trying so many methods at once. Pick one that interests you and go for it.

One method, done with consistency, will get results. Once you get good at the first, add another in.

5. LJameson

LJameson New Member

SEO - hands down.

6. jamess

jamess Member

Guest Posting is also best method to increase traffic..

7. Shane1234

Shane1234 New Member

Youtube
    Classifieds
    Forums
    Facebook

8. Jacq1292

Jacq1292 Member

I like your advice on mastering one media and then going to the next. It can be an awful lot when you try to do everything at once :)

9. Jacq1292

Jacq1292 Member

Lot of great tips in this thread! As one poster mentioned, free methods do cost you time, so there is a cost. If you are short on funds, though, and find a medium that works well for you, it is time well spent. I have found with free classifieds that many just don't generate enough of a response for the time I put into them. So, I've narrowed down to just a few that I use regularly.

10. John Passafiume

John Passafiume New Member

I think Video Marketing on YouTube is a great way to market your business for free.

11. Michael John

Michael John New Member

I hope that is not in order. Article marketing is definitely my top choice for traffic also forum marketing.

There are more ways that I do to get traffic like social media marketing and guest posting.

12. John Passafiume

No, I started out with Article marketing, and that was an awesome way to get traffic to your site. I would branch out to other sources as well though.

13. 1. Write and submit articles . This will create traffic for years to come. Write quality unique articles, not articles that provide no substance for readers.

2. Submit ads to a high pagerank and high traffic Classified ad site such asUSFreeads.

3. View related products on Amazon.com. You can try and take some customers from your competitors here by providing your own url if the product is similar.

4. Review websites in your niche on Alexa to try to take some of their traffic by including a reference back to your site.

5. Comment on other related blogs, but do not spam.

6. If you purchase a product that you actually like, then leave a testimonial. Leave your url in your testimonial and you should receive some traffic.

7. Whenever you send an email to someone, include your website url as a signature.

8. Keep updating content on your websites/blogsā€¦ try at least once per week, if not twice.

9. Tag blog posts at social bookmarking sites.

10. Add pictures to your blog with appropriate keywords.

Just2EZ likes this.
  14. John Passafiume

Thank you Barb for sharing that awesome way to generate traffic to our sites...

15. BloggerMTS

BloggerMTS New Member

Beside this i used social networking sites for gigantic traffic

16. DMalloyMoney

DMalloyMoney Member

What classifields do you use?? im trying to become a good marketer how can I get faster traffic???????

17. Isle|

Isle| New Member

Optimize the search engines by generating content with quality that educates and entertains your target audience and make videos with back links including your relevant keyword. This should cause your content to appear on page #1 of Google. Then you can blast the videos with Social Fans Geek by buying views if you need quick results which might generate some additional income, too.

payment proof likes this.
  18. Chris Del

Chris Del New Member

Video marketing hands down (y)

payment proof likes this.
  19. Brucefan

Brucefan New Member

Has anyone had any success with Traffic swarm or Traffic Splash? Worth paying for, and how long to get results?