My View on Surveys

Discussion in 'Paid Surveys' started by UntroddenRd, Sep 22, 2006.

1. UntroddenRd

UntroddenRd New Member

First off there is really only one survey site I can 100% recommend right now and that is NFO or My Survey [Link removed - Admin]. Why? Because out of the thousands of surveys I have taken this is the ONLY company that I have received money and prizes from. I have gotten nothing from any other company. I am going to post here my view on surveys. This comes form my website. Sorry I am too lazy to type out something original but too passionate baout this not to comment!
    If you have never done an online survey, it sounds like fun, doesn't it? Letting a company know about your opinions brings the same sort of pleasure as taking quizzes in magazines, that sense of self-exploration and at the same time the feeling that you are letting your opinions be known to others and making a difference.

Well, I don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but not all online surveys are created equal. More often than not, I have signed up for surveys sites promising me the world and ended up with nothing but endless advertisements and no money in my pocket. Let me explain:

Many times, survey sites are really just advertisers in disguise. They are making money off of having us click on their sponsor's links. So, you will open a survey but all the survey is is a long list of offers from advertisers to which you need to answer, "yes" you are interested or, "no" you are not. It doesn't end there. After the first page, there is another page, and another, and another- and god help you if you answer "yes" to any of those questions!! Then you have to fill in all of your information- name, address, birth date, etc for each individual advertiser. When you finally reach the last page they usually tell you that to claim your money or prize you MUST say yes to at least one offer listed below. These offers almost always cost money. If you do say yes to one, usually they bring you to another page where you have to say yes to three. It is all very tiresome.

Other times, there are companies that do seem to be legitimate and you will receive e-mails from them stating that you will be paid $3 to take a 20 minute survey. You will begin to take the survey, so grateful to be offered one that pays cash, and usually 10-15 minutes in, the survey will suddenly end and they will say "I'm sorry you do not qualify for this survey. You will not be paid but we'll enter you in our monthly raffle." I do not know anyone who has won that raffle. Call me a skeptic, but I often think that they take the information they want from us and just never pay us.

However, there is good news. Amidst all the phony sites there are some good ones. One I like in particular is NFO. They pay you in points, not cash, but you can trade your points in for cash and prizes. They have already paid me twice. Their surveys are legitimate. They usually show you logos or slogans of new products and you tell them how likely you would be to buy the product. Often, they will even send you new products to try in your home as well and then answer some questions about them. I cannot say enough wonderful things about NFO.

2. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Pinecone research, Surveysavvy, Greenfieldonline, Yahoo are some of the larger survey companies, who pay regularly .

3. marksjerky

marksjerky New Member

There's at least 15 survey sites that have paid me cash over the last 6 months. NFO is good but, there are others that are even more lucrative.

4. UntroddenRd

UntroddenRd New Member

Would you mind sharing the more lucrative ones?
    I have done Greenfield for a long time and made nothing. Same goes for Pinecone and Savvy. Do you have the link for Yahoo?

5. happygal

happygal Member

I have about 40 or so that have paid me to date. If it's helpful, I track who has paid me and how, etc. on my blog...so feel free to look at that if you like.

6. julia04

julia04 Guest

I stopped doing surveys, except the ones that actually pay cash.
    I got so fed up of wasting time just to be in a contest, which I never won anyways.
    Now at least, I get paid for my time, and they do take time.

7. gregriv69

gregriv69 New Member

Yes, contests are worst. Surveys that pay cash and points are comperatively good. Globaltestmarket offers surveys and you can earn points after completing it. Afterwards, they convert the point into cash.

8. tabithasahm

tabithasahm New Member

i have done everyone out there and made no money...they put me in contest and stuff. i hate it.

9. BigmoneyPRO

BigmoneyPRO Guest

I do not like these survey sites because to really make some good money you have to have a credit card and some of the surveys are really long.What if you dont have a credit card? Than i guess you cant do the surveys than.Hope they change this soon

10. erict979

erict979 New Member

well those sweepstakes do pay out every once in a while, Last month I won $50,000 from some website called survey networks

11. photomom04

photomom04 New Member

Quoting: BigmoneyPROI do not like these survey sites because to really make some good money you have to have a credit card and

You NEVER need a credit card for the true survey sites.. those are "offer" sites.. Unfortunately MOST of the so-called paid lists and free lists include these places and claim they are survey companies. There is a free list on my website that does not include any of the offer sites or email harvesting sites.
    As to the issue of the survey sites entering you into contests.. these are screeners.. the screeners lead to the paying studies and often inlcude product tests as well. They are worth taking.. I have certainly never won 50 thousand dollars [​IMG] and never expect to because I wouldn't refer anyone to that particular website but I have won a couple of the hundred dollar drawings.

12. photomom04

photomom04 New Member

The nice thing with mysurvey is that even if you don't qualify for the study they still give you some points. This makes it really easy to be able to cash out often.

The ones that enter you in a contest can seem to be not worthwhile but the truth is those are the ones that are going to make you the money. When most survey sites send out an invitation and it says you will be entered in a contest, you want to take those surveys. They are screeners and if you qualify you will get invited to a study that pays. Of course there are some that just do contests and then you have to hope to win. Most of the stanford studies are done that way but they are a lot of fun to participate in. [​IMG]

13. maxine84

maxine84 New Member

i use yougov, which is slow yes at 50p a survey but i know a lot of sites that i post my referrer code on and am doing okay. I got very upset with ciao though constantly sending me surveys letting me answer half the surveys then saying i wasnt suitable!

14. Anna

Anna New Member

With any site I have signed up with I haven't qualified for taking surveys everytime I get en email saying I was offered one.... May be just bad luck, but I have found surveys to be a waste of my time looking for a place that was completely legit and worth my time...

But good luck to everyone who has already had luck with it!!! [​IMG]

15. mlynn

mlynn Member

Quoting: photomom04The nice thing with mysurvey is that even if you don't qualify for the study they still give you some points. This makes it really easy to be able to cash out often.

I agree. I also like Global Test Market and E-poll. You get 5 points which worth $0.25 from GTM and 500 points from E-Poll if not qualify but tried. I try to do All the surveys from these two, some
    times just intentionally disqualify myself if I don't have time to do the surveys. hehe..[​IMG]

16. shepherds

shepherds New Member

Hi, Ihave been doing surveys for over 12 months, all I have made is $20.00, I have earned lots of points with with some surveys but still have not got enough points to redeem them for cash or products, I paid $40.00 for a survey website just recently.which offers me all the really good surveys, only to find most of them are not available in my area, I live in Australia and this seems to be a disadvantage, I have joined some Australian surveys which are great, but I only seem to get offered these surveys once a month and then there is a chance I wont qualify,so I have decided to find something else to do, I have given paid surveys a good run , but I have honestly only made $20,00.and lots of entries into competitions,and points to redeem for prizes which I have never earned enough points to redeem anything.Some of these surveys take a long time to finish. I have been in the middle of surveys and they seem to cut you off , they say the time has run out or they have enough people or there is a problem with my computer, it gets annoying after a while.Hope anyone who decides to do surveys have better luck than me.

17. scamjunkie

scamjunkie New Member

It seems that nothing is free in this world. The day I go for an interview and they tell me I have to pay them to work there, you know what they can do with their job? The same goes for all these wonderful money making schemes on the internet. The only ones getting rich are the people who own the sites collecting their money from fools like us. What a disappointment this has been trying to find a work at home thing that is free and works. Goodluck to all those clever people with their even more clever websites that just suck us money hungry people in. I hope they sleep well at night taking our money and not delivering - or delivering absolute junk as far as I am concerned. Canada Work at home etc, those ads by Google that are placed at the bottom of this site...even they are making money out of us just posting on this page. Shame on you!!!

18. shepherds

shepherds New Member

Hi,
    I understand how you feel, I am at the end of my tether, my head is spinning looking for something to do at home, I dont mind paying for some program that will work, and something you dont have to buy products every month,I have to start and earn some money somehow, but I just dont know where, maybe all of us that have been scammed should get together and build a business together ,[ god knows what though],at least we would know it was legit.

19. Money4Mommy

Money4Mommy New Member

I started with CashCrate and was happily surprised when I received my first check for about $28. It is not enough to replace a real job but it is great for extra cash. I average about $30-35 per month with little effort. Referrals help a lot with earning. I have lots of tips for completing more offers on my blog. Good luck.

20. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Quoting: Money4MommyI started with CashCrate and was happily surprised when I received my first check for about $28. It is not enough to replace a real job but it is great for extra cash. I average about $30-35 per month with little effort. Referrals help a lot with earning. I have lots of tips for completing more offers on my blog. Good luck.

How much time do you spend weekly on CashCrate?