My View on Surveys

Discussion in 'Paid Surveys' started by UntroddenRd, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Money4Mommy

Money4Mommy New Member

Actually, I only spend about 10-15 minutes a week on CashCrate. At least half of my paycheck comes from referrals and bonuses. I am going to make an effort to complete more offers to boost my income after my kids go back to school. Life is just really hectic right now.

2. enoughjack

enoughjack New Member

There are surveys out there that really pay - but don't expect to pay the rent or all your bills with it- just a little extra money-the best site that I have found so far is cash on tap- they pay weekly- but like I said before- don't think that filling out surveys will pay all your bills

3. karls1973

karls1973 Member

Quoting: UntroddenRdMany times, survey sites are really just advertisers in disguise. They are making money off of having us click on their sponsor's links. So, you will open a survey but all the survey is is a long list of offers from advertisers to which you need to answer, "yes" you are interested or, "no" you are not. It doesn't end there. After the first page, there is another page, and another, and another- and god help you if you answer "yes" to any of those questions!! Then you have to fill in all of your information- name, address, birth date, etc for each individual advertiser. When you finally reach the last page they usually tell you that to claim your money or prize you MUST say yes to at least one offer listed below. These offers almost always cost money. If you do say yes to one, usually they bring you to another page where you have to say yes to three. It is all very tiresome.

Other times, there are companies that do seem to be legitimate and you will receive e-mails from them stating that you will be paid $3 to take a 20 minute survey. You will begin to take the survey, so grateful to be offered one that pays cash, and usually 10-15 minutes in, the survey will suddenly end and they will say "I'm sorry you do not qualify for this survey. You will not be paid but we'll enter you in our monthly raffle." I do not know anyone who has won that raffle. Call me a skeptic, but I often think that they take the information they want from us and just never pay us.

THIS IS SO TRUE, I couldn't have said it better!

Once you start filling out the ad because you want this "free laptop", it becomes an endless loop. You have to enter your information s many times and sign up for other free trial offers.
    On top of it, you have to commit in visiting the website at least once every day for the next 100 days. If you fail to do so, you blew your chance to get this free laptop.[​IMG]
    The problem starts when you want to cancel your membership as soon as the trial offer expires. In many cases you will find charges on your credit card months later.
    It also becomes difficult to keep track of all the "free trail offers".

My advice is to do a lot of research and read the fine prints, the Terms & Conditions.

Karl

4. justinack

justinack New Member

I don't waste my time with Surveys most pay way less than the average wage often have hidden rules and minimum payout levels. There are plenty of better paying and more reliable ways to earn income online.

5. shuey03

shuey03 New Member

justinack: I don't waste my time with Surveys most pay way less than the average wage often have hidden rules and minimum payout levels. There are plenty of better paying and more reliable ways to earn income online.

People who don't treat paid surveys like a part time or full time job don't make any money! It is a simple concept...

Also, people who don't give it more than a month, don't make any money either. The survey companies usually take 2-4 weeks to get you in their system and to start allocating survey on your behalf.

There are lots of people who make a decent living taking paid surveys, if you aren't willing to put forth the effort, the rest of us will gladly take the surveys you aren't filling out...

6. @justinack

I have to agree with shuey03 on this one.

7. Copywolf

Copywolf New Member

IMPORTANT!If you are going to sign up for surveys and survey sites, get a disposable email address. Why? Because, along with your surveys, you are going to get lots and lots of spam. If you sign up with your main/real email address it will become almost unuseable due to the volume of spam. While you may make a little money with surveys, the survey companies will make a lot of money selling your opinions and your contact information to marketing companies. After a while, you will discover that the time spent doing surveys for very littele return just isn't worth the 100s of spam emails per day. At this point you will want to get rid of the mailbox.

Also, be careful what personal information that you reveal. Never give your SSN, bank info or credit card info. ANd remember, no legitimate survey organization will require you to pay them to sign up.

8. mlynn

mlynn Member

Copywolf: If you are going to sign up for surveys and survey sites, get a disposable email address. Why? Because, along with your surveys, you are going to get lots and lots of spam. If you sign up with your main/real email address it will become almost unuseable due to the volume of spam.

If you sign up with real legitimate paid survey sites, you will NOT get spams. However, if you do paid offers, you will - when I do free paid offers, I only use my disposable email address. [​IMG]

9. MrMiller

MrMiller New Member

This is the reason my wife and i made The Official Survey Page. We got tired of getting the run around with scam sites that didnt pay. So we both decided to make a website that showed real survey sites that actually do pay.

Me personally, i got so sick and tired of doing those offer sites. Most of them dont pay you and only fill your inbox with spam. There are some though that are good and worth my time, but the rest i just ignore.

If you have any questions feel free to let me know. My wife and i are always looking for more survey sites to add to our site. If you know of any that we do not have, please send me a PM or e-mail us.

Thanks and good luck with the survey sites.

10. paid surveys

paid surveys New Member

UntroddenRd: First off there is really only one survey site I can 100% recommend right now and

I have been paid by more than 40 paid survey panels but only about 10 paid survey sites are very good as they send a lot of surveys. I have been personally paid by them. I will not post the link.

Never pay anyone to join paid surveys.

11. paid surveys: Never pay anyone to join paid surveys.

Yes we all agree with this. Paid survey companies should be paying you and not the other way around.

Keep in mind that it may be a good idea to buy a list of a paid survey directory.

12. karls1973

karls1973 Member

CashSurveysOnly: Paid survey companies should be paying you and not the other way around.

Can you please explain then why your website is asking for a $29.95 membership fee??

13. karls1973: Can you please explain then why your website is asking for a $29.95 membership fee??
    Hmm.... You already asked this question 5 months ago.
    Which are the highly reccommended paying survey sites?! - Page 3
    I answered you there in detail. This was discuessed numerious times in this forum.

I will compile the links to all my detailed answers for you to read. I hope this explains it.