Name one business tool that you just can't live without ?

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by Sherrod, Oct 20, 2010.

1. I would have to agree with many people here that an autoresponder is one tool that is a must have. I couldn't operate my online business without it. Another tool that is a must have for me is Wordpress. :)

2. shutterbugjen

shutterbugjen New Member

Odesk.com!

3. There are a lot of applications that I can't live without. One would be Google Analytics, Infusionsoft, Googledocs and Passpack. I always use these applications daily...

4. David Bryant

David Bryant New Member

Yup yup... I would have to say the autoresponder.
    I have spoke with a few top marketers and it seems that is the way to go...
    The money is in the list.

5. Zach Andary

Zach Andary New Member

THE most important tool a marketer can have
    is an autoresponder.

There are many ways to get free leads WITHOUT
    having a website, capture page, etc.

But the most important aspect is your list.

And how you communicate with them is very important,
    and the lifeline of any business.

To the top,
    Zach Andary

6. JTGMarketing

JTGMarketing Member

I would agree that the autoresponder is a powerful tool for marketing, but it depends on whether or not you have a quality, targeted list.

7. Diana MEYER

Diana MEYER New Member

Yeah, I agree with Tal... an auto-responder is a must for online business. I'd also add a self owned website and blog ;)

Reading self empowerment & business oriented books daily also helps a lot!

payment proof likes this.
  8. utinkiam

utinkiam New Member

Besides the already mentioned auto responders I use FastStone Capture daily. Easy way for someone who is "technically challenged" like me : )... to capture and edit images online. I use it to build custom capture pages, custom buttons etc. Great tool and easy to use.

9. Diana MEYER

Diana MEYER New Member

Thanks for the info about "FastStone" Eric & Andrea ;) I'll check it out!!

10. Suzanne Sobers

Suzanne Sobers New Member

I'd have to go with
    Facebook
    My Autoresponder
    And Google Hangouts
    as my top three
    Oh and let's not forget about Jing (awesome FREE tool)

11. SharrsHomeBiz

SharrsHomeBiz New Member

I'll have to say Facebook, IBOToolbox and LinkedIn

12. GEM

GEM New Member

The greatest tool you can have is your mindset. The rest will follow.

Kyle.S. and payment proof like this.
  13. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Free Incentives, works great for me, Pay It Forward, Care To Share, Give To Receive.

Good luck to all,

14. redoxpower

redoxpower New Member

I can't do without my phone but to this list, I can also add my lead captures , autoresponder and traffic exchange sites.

15. Kami A.

Kami A. New Member

This is great advice for a newbie like me. I'm making a list.

CKC and Zack kurz like this.
  16. Kyle.S.

Kyle.S. New Member

I have to say that my favorite tool is actually the people I work with, my mentors. Not saying that people are tools, of course, but the credibility they lend to me through edification when they meet some of the people I'm recruiting helps tremendously. Plus, when I'm unavailable to help out someone on my team, they know there are other people they can go to for questions. Having a training system in place (including the people) allows me to focus on what's most important to me: honing my own skills.

CKC, Zack kurz and payment proof like this.
  17. Aaleeyah

Aaleeyah New Member

Social media engagement - The most effective tool

18. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Good topic,

No doubt from the first post to the most recent one, this clearly shows us all that the internet is a moving target, what worked yesterday, or last year, or several years ago, does not mean it will work tomorrow. The marketing tools are constantly evolving, and more powerful, as well as less expensive.

Sure, everyone has used auto-responders if you are a serious business builder, but look at how everyone uses them now, not so when they were first introduced almost a decade ago. This was a very effective tool to add to ones marketing arsenal, and is now as common place as the internet. I was paying $30. a month when they were introduced, but now you can get a complete portfolio of marketing tools including auto-responders for a mere fraction of original cost of auto-responders alone.

I stay on top of all marketing strategies, and one thing for certain, without website traffic, an auto-responder is near useless. Success all starts and ends with website traffic, whether you are into blogs or traditional advertising, the more traffic you generate to your website or through your doors of a traditional brick and mortar retail business, it all comes down to traffic. The more traffic, the more business, the more business, the more income. The less you spend on advertising, the more profits you earn. In a recession which never ends like this current one, controlling your expenses is critical. Getting more for less is how you survive, never mind thrive in your businesses.

Success to all,

19. @HomeFree

@HomeFree New Member

My laptop no doubt!

20. mellisalouise

mellisalouise New Member

I would have to say MailChimp is my best tool right now. I use it for creating newsletters with promotion tips, advice and product knowledge to send out to my team. It's been really helpful because it allows me to see who actually opens the emails and what headlines are working etc. And I like it because its free! I love free stuff :) These are all good ideas though! I'm wondering how I can begin creating a capture page and autoresponder type setup for the programs I am using.