Nasty Clickers

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by samda, Mar 1, 2009.

1. samda

samda Member

Gentlemen,

A couple of days before I was just chatting with a guy. He said he was earning $700+ with Yahoo Publisher program. I was very much exited. I asked him he should be having a high traffic website. Earning 700+ from Y is a great deal.

He replied nope and revealed his secrets. He said he was a union of invalid clcikers. And gave me a link to mylot to join this nasty clicker unions. It seems that they have a union or more than 50 people. They log into other members website, click one or two ads a day and thats it. He gave me links to some of his web pages. They were all from blogspot and useless pages especially made for ads.

I wonder how does Yahoo missed this guys (Or purposely missing !). He is earning this amount for the past 8 months. He showed his proofs too and encouraged me to join the union. I just ignored him and blocked him from my contacts.

Just wondering how to avoid this situation. You really can't understand the agony unless you are an advertiser. Spending tonnes of money in advertising and getting no leads is a dreadful situation in life.

How to deal with these issues. Guys you decide ?

Regards
    Sam

2. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Sam,

That gang is costing the individual advertisers (people like you and me) a lot of money.

Please report it to Yahoo.

~Newbie Shield~

3. samda

samda Member

NS, I did this yesterday and I am still to hear from Yahoo.. Will let you know about this issue.

Sam

4. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Newbie Shield: Please report it to Yahoo.
    Amen

5. samda

samda Member

mountainmom5: Amen
    Hallelujah !

Amen too...

6. seeyalater72

seeyalater72 New Member

What a disgusting practice!

7. gridellas

gridellas New Member

You know it is people like that, that make it hard for the good and honest people. Hopefully Yahoo will do something about it. Go get 'em Sam!

8. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

That is too much and unfair for those who want to advertise their ads.

9. Phil Stones

Phil Stones New Member

Hopefully Yahoo will sort this out - any updates?

10. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

It goes to show that every money-making opportunity that attracts honest, productive people, will also appeal to annoying parasites. Fortunately, these bottom-feeders eventually get thwarted and are forced to find another host to attach themselves to, temporarily.

If there is one redeeming benefit to their existence, it is that the role they play helps us to identify holes in our systems, and challenges us to plug them, thereby improving the security and usefulness of our products.

Hermas

11. Matt Zenittini

Matt Zenittini Silver Member

A8ch: If there is one redeeming benefit to their existence, it is that the role they play helps us to identify holes in our systems
    , and challenges us to plug them, thereby improving the security and usefulness of our products.
    Hermas,

You never cease to amaze me!!! Way to look at the bright side =]!!!.

12. time2livelife

time2livelife New Member

It's the old chicken and the egg scenario folks, good versus evil, jedi versus sith, ying vs yang (ok paul we get the point)
    Hermas is absolutely right with what he says here, and I am trying to reflect that expression, although slightly overstated.

Without those that try to find the gaps and exploits in systems, life would be rather boring and tedious (allbeit a bit cheaper on the wallet)

T.

13. Sonni

Sonni New Member

Are they really called Nasty Clickers? LOL Too funny if that's for real.
    Sonni