Need Advice on Conversion

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by mochamama, Aug 6, 2010.

1. mochamama

mochamama New Member

I'm just getting started with my website and am receiving a little traffic. I feel confident in my grasp of how to increase traffic and page ranking. What I need help with is how to convert page traffic to people filling in the opt-in page to download my free offer. Is anybody out there experienced at this?

I know it's a numbers game and maybe that's my issue, but I could really use some help assuring that my content is strong.

2. kenwrites

kenwrites New Member

On your sign up box I would make the words 'Special Report" in Blue so that it stands out around the white background.

Also in your body, beef it up a little. maybe some bullet points on what is in the report. Something like:

Inside you'll find out/ learn:

*How To CYZ
    * Where To Market XYX

Just maybe three bullet points to get folks to want to find out more.

Maybe also tighten up the header graphics just a bit. The body of your message is hidden unless someone scrolls down. At first glance people just see what they have seen a thousand times before "another no fee system" They don't even see the "Free" part unless they scroll down. First glance, they may not scroll and just hit the back button.

It is good, clean and easy on the eyes otherwise. I like the simple blue and white without flash. Too many folks think flash and lots of banners are good. Not so much anymore.

3. mochamama

mochamama New Member

Thanks Kenneth. I really appreciate the feedback. I need to figure out how to tighten up the header, and the bullet points are a great idea.

4. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I agree with Ken - have a bit more info IN the 'free report' box to make them WANT to click. Like 'FREE Special Report - Simple Steps to a Home Business' or something like that.

5. mochamama

mochamama New Member

Thanks, MountainMom5. I agree, but I couldn't for the life of me get more words to work in the opt-in box. When I had more, they just spilled out of the blue area and were unreadable against the white. I wish I had control of this like a scrapbooking page! Does anyone have experience with Aweber?

BTW, I'm from Montana too.

6. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

If the only option you give your visitors is to opt in and nothing else then your conversions will go up. It is as simple as that.

Tal

7. mochamama

mochamama New Member

Thanks Tal. Please elaborate. Do you mean no other pages on the site? No "contact" page? No text to read? I don't mean to be dense, I just really want to understand. There has to be an explanation of what they're opting-in for, right? My intention is to add more posts, but is too much reading material a distraction from the opt-in? I have so much to learn.

8. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

They are opting in to get your offers and your free content.

If you only offer a product right on your site and you don't allow them to opt in, you will not be able to follow up with them.

The main reason why you want them to opt in is so that you can send them emails as follow up.

Tal

9. mochamama

mochamama New Member

I got that, Tal. That's why I "opted" for the opt-in.

So, that was what you meant, not that I shouldn't provide actual content on the site? Thanks for the help.

10. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

kenwrites: Also in your body, beef it up a little. maybe some bullet points on what is in the report.
    I support that observation. In addition, you could resize the image of the falling money, making it 50% smaller and aligning it left or right.

This would give you more space to feature your carefully selected bullet points. Plus the wrapping effect of the text around the smaller image would make it seem more a part of the content, rather than apart from it.

Hermas

P.S. If it's possible to reduce the height of the header and footer without ruining the aspect ratio, you'd create still more space for content.

H

Edited to add the P.S.

11. kenwrites

kenwrites New Member

mochamama

You are not going to get more words and not have it blend with the Aweber. I forgot what you had on there originally, but try something like "Subscribe For Free Report"

12. dslavinski

dslavinski New Member

it is good to focus on Page Rank for your long haul but definitely focus on your SERP 1st if you are wanting to get more traffic and MakeSure you understand the difference between Page Rank and SERP, i was always trying to get back links when i started and now i realized that i was needing to focus on Keyword density to get my SERP to increas more and if your SERP increases your PR increases over time because more people will link to your site naturally if they see your site at the top of a search engine. Keep in mind that 0 PR doesnt mean you cant get to the top of google for a specific search term. Good Luck with your website ventures!

13. wrlawrence

wrlawrence New Member

I did not get many opt ins until I had 100 u/v a day. You can always have a contest which has always increased opt ins.