New Guy Here...

Discussion in 'Profit Lance' started by Astonisher, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Astonisher

Astonisher New Member

I just wanted to introduce myself. I've been studying PL for over a month now and like some of you I'm a bit overwhelmed. Anyone feel like being a mentor? I've completed the projects section and most of the left side of the menu page, but I would like to get started, and make some money. I guess Affiliate marketing is the way to go. So any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. I tried to talk to Mike A. I did the email thing. [email protected] and the contact button on the main page of profit lance and neither gave me response. I saw that some of you may have a new email address if you do please share with me. Thanks again folks.

Astonisher
  2. rgov

rgov New Member

I also would like to follow along here. I've been at this for a week and also overwhelmed.
  3. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hi Astonisher and Randy,

I don't have PL, but I do affiliate marketing, so if I can help, let me know.

Where are you stuck? What do you want to accomplish? Are you ready to start building your own affiliate marketing niche website?

If you ask some specific questions, I and others will be happy to point you in the right direction.

You can try some of the free methods of building an affiliate marketing income using blogs, squidoo, article marketing, etc., but if you are serious about this and determined to make a success of it, you may as well start right away by building a full fledged web site.

It's the best option over the long haul, but it takes a bit of hard work up front and tenacity. It does pay, though. [​IMG]

Blessings,
    Angie
  4. makemoneyonline

makemoneyonline New Member

K peeps, I'm here to help you out. Please post your issues and I'll try to help you as best as I can.
  5. rgov

rgov New Member

I don't know where to start can you recomend a place to build a site? Thanks.
  6. rgov

rgov New Member

Oh, never mind I see you used SiteBuildt.
  7. makemoneyonline

weebly, blogger, blue voda
  8. happywife

happywife Gold Member

rgov: I don't know where to start can you recomend a place to build a site? Thanks.
    Oh, never mind I see you used SiteBuildt.

Yep! I'm a dyed-in-the-wool SBIer. [​IMG]

If I had it to do all over, I'd definitely do it all over again - I would just have started sooner! [​IMG]
  9. rgov

rgov New Member

I downloaded the Blue Vonda, looks like its free. They advertise easy to use but it looks sorta complicated to me. lol!
  10. makemoneyonline

hosting isn't free though.. so if you want something completely free, go with weebly.. its very easy.
  11. Astonisher

Astonisher New Member

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting here. I wanted to ask the experienced people here something. I follow the PL course and Mike suggests find a niche or keyword search first to succeed. I have also listened to black belt marketing and he suggested go to click bank first and find a good product first then get your keywords for it. What do you guys do for your business and what do you suggest for a newbie like me. I pretty much figured to make money asap you have to become an expert on affiliate marketing so that's my immediate goal for success. Any advice would be appreciated.

I also wanted to comment on happywife's website....wow...nice work. Are these your only websites and are these the only sites that allow you to make your money, and how do you choose to promote them?

Thanks again everyone.
  12. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Astonisher: I also wanted to comment on happywife's website....wow...nice work. Are these your only websites and are these the only sites that allow you to make your money, and how do you choose to promote them?

Thanks. I have 3 sites and 1 in the works. I'm not sure what you mean by are these the only sites that allow me to make my money.

I make money from all three of the sites by recommending affiliate products, and from Google Adsense.

I "promote" them by forum signatures, directory submissions, commenting on blogs, etc. I don't pay for advertising yet.

Most of my traffic comes from the search engines for free because of the way I have built each page based on keyword research relating to my niches.

It takes time to generate free traffic, but it is pretty stable once you get it going. My chocolate site gets over 1000 visitors per day from the search engines. That's targeted traffic, the best kind. [​IMG]

As for your other question about which way to approach affiliate marketing... A lot depends on what method you are going to use.

If you aren't going to build a website and prefer just to try article marketing, I suppose it may be feasible to find the products you want to promote first and go from that direction.

If you are going to build a website, you're much better off to choose a niche that you know something about or have a keen interest in, because you will be spending a lot of time thinking about and writing about that subject.

Actually, it's probably best to choose something you know and love no matter which approach you take. You'll have a lot easier time coming across as believable in your writing if that's the case, in my opinion.

It's hard to "make money asap," as you put it. In 99% of the cases, it takes time to learn the ropes and to establish yourself. If you go into affiliate marketing without realizing that, you are almost destined to failure because you'll give up too soon.

A basic principle in life is to build a solid foundation first before you add the structure on top. It will hold you in good stead over time.

Blessings,
    Angie
  13. Hemjoe

Hemjoe New Member

Astonisher: I have also listened to black belt marketing and he suggested go to click bank
    first and find a good product first then get your keywords for it.

Don't you mean "Blackbelt affiliate" [​IMG] I would like to know your thoughts on it, send me a PM i would much appreciate it.

As happywife has said there are many ways of going about this process and finding keywords best suit some ways and finding a product first best suit others.

If you plan on building an extremely large content site like that of happywife (i must commend you on your efforts i know hard it can be) then finding the keywords initially is much better as it allows you to plan out pages for your site and helps with the overall structure. Once you built your site you can worry about finding a product second.

However by finding the product first, you are able to identify the profitable ones and then aim to build a much small site around its niche.

Both ways can be extremely profitable and there is know wrong answer, everyone has there own method.

[​IMG]
  14. 040107

040107 Member

That's funny because "Black Belt Affiliate" recommends Profit Lance![​IMG]

Nice site by the way!
  15. Hemjoe

Hemjoe New Member

Thanks 040107 [​IMG]
  16. klrrider

klrrider New Member

Astonisher: what do you suggest for a newbie like me. I pretty much figured to make money asap you have to become an expert on affiliate marketing so that's my immediate goal for success. Any advice would be appreciated.

Why not earn as you learn... You are a PL member and student so promote PL as you experience it. After you get some more skills under your belt you could branch out to things outside of PL.

Register a cool domain like Get-ProfitLance.com, I checked and it is available, then use domain forwarding to send your clicks to your affiliate link and let the PL sales page (it sold you, right?) do the selling for you.

Write articles and use free classified and send your prospects to your new cool domain and PL does the rest of the work.

Make sure you mask your forwarded new cool domain to keep your domain in the address bar and title tab.

All this will cost you is the domain name... everything else is free!

No hosting, no web building, no nothing but concentrating on getting traffic.

That is about asap as it gets.

PS- google for a godaddy coupon code and your domain will be less than $8 for the year...
  17. gr8ful4u

gr8ful4u New Member

Angie,
    Hi, I have checked out your chocolate Website, and I am quite impressed. How do you go about promoting the different products? Do you have to sign up as an affiliate for each one? Could you please walk me through this process? Any help would be appreciated.

Kary
  18. happywife

happywife Gold Member

gr8ful4u: Angie,
    Hi, I have checked out your chocolate Website, and I am quite impressed. How do you go about promoting the different products? Do you have to sign up as an affiliate for each one? Could you please walk me through this process? Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Kary,

I'm glad you like my chocolate site. I'm kinda partial to it too. [​IMG]

Yes, I do sign up as an affiliate for the different companies I recommend. Some of them run their own independent affiliate programs and others are part of some of the big affiliate networks like Commission Junction, Linkshare, Shareasale, Google Affiliate Network, etc.

Either way, you DO sign up with each company that you want to promote products for. Some of them have automatic approval while others want to check out your site first before approving you.

Once you have your site's foundation built and are getting some steady traffic, you can sign up for the affiliate programs that you'd like to promote. After you are approved, they will give you a code to place on your site for either a banner or text link. It will have an identifying code in it that will track your clicks and enable cookies so that you get credit for the sales.

To be honest, it's not really that difficult, but I remember when I was first starting out how confusing EVERYTHING was. I just took everything one step at a time and followed SBI's Action Guide. It's really important that you take the right action at the right time and in the right way.

If you don't know how, what, when, where, and why, it is definitely in your own best interest to follow a program like SBI to ensure that you learn to build your business right. You'll save yourself a heap of trial and error and wasted time and effort.

Blessings,
    Angie