New here! help with online job!

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Bendis, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Bendis

Bendis New Member

Hello everyone,

I am a college student and I??m from Colombia.
    I really need to do some extra money, not thousands but just something to help myself with college stuff for example. It is very important for me to get a little independece from my parents at money matters. The thing is that my schedule is pretty tight for a normal job and I have no experience either.

I really like the idea of work from home at nights and weekends. I have very good typing skills and I manage english pretty well; not to mention I love computers lol!.
    I am wondering how to get a typing job through the web... filling forms and that sort of things.

I read some things about scams and all at this web page and some others. And the more I surf the web the more web sites I find that ask you to pay first which is frantically scary coz I do not want to lose my money.

Thank you for you help!
  2. gregriv69

gregriv69 New Member

Unfirtunately most of the data entry jobs are scams. So, I would advice you to join forum posting job. You can apply at They give good rate for posting and you can earn some extra money.
  3. pcwork

pcwork New Member

You should consider transcription jobs. There are a few companies that hire worldwide
  4. srama3

srama3 New Member

There are heaps of affiliate marketing programs that are legitimate.

I currently use my online income system, and I am making some money.

These programs coast a bit to start, but, if you do some work, will pay themselves off.

Best of luck
  5. TshirtFrank

TshirtFrank New Member

Hi Bendis,

I also use My online income system and have had success. It is not for everyone but I would suggest doing some research and figure out what you would enjoy doing. I have some free info about MOIS in my signature line. I hope that helps!

6. volybal3

volybal3 New Member

Like someone already mentioned, most data entry jobs are scams though some of them are legit.

I would also have to agree with affiliate marketing as an option for what you are looking. However, one word of advice... Do not get paralyzed.

What do I mean by that?

Whatever route you choose to help you, make sure learn as much as you can, and then take action.

Let me say that again... MAKE SURE YOU TAKE ACTION.

Many people, decide to try something new, learn about it, but then become paralyzed and end up doing absolutely nothing... don't let this happen to you. Take action.

Best of luck,
  7. innerpeace

innerpeace New Member

Hey Bendis,

Hope you're still not searching - it's been 3 years since you posted!

Srama and Tshirtfrank are on to a winner there as far as I'm concerned. Funnily enough the site in my signature reviews My Online Income System along with a survey thing.

Another option is paid surveys. Personally, I get bored with them - there's no real fun in doing them and the reward doesn't feel as satisfying as if you'd done some proper strategic thinking over a period of time which led to very nice profits after a couple of weeks!

So they can be a bit of a drag but if you find the right ones, then it's money and it doesn't involved any capital up front.

But BE CAREFUL - if a survey site asks for money up front, don't do it.

As well as this, google 'paid article writing' - there's bound to be something there as people pay others to write content about their products for websites and blogs etc.

All the best with the hunt.

8. samda

samda Member

I wonder which program to suggest you. Since you are from US, I suggest Paid Surveys

It is worth to try out. A friend of mine is earning $500 a month from paid surveys. Also you could try paid to click websites. This would be a lot easier. If you are proficient enough you could also try Googls adsense and affilaites. But these takes a long time to learn and earn.