New Here....need some advice

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by flacat22, Jun 15, 2009.

1. flacat22

flacat22 New Member

I have been on the internet looking for good, legit ways to make money online and have came up empty. I have tried affiliate marketing and discovered it was not my cup of tea. Anyone have any suggestions? I would like to start my own business online such as selling products to hopefully making this a full-time gig. I currently am lucky right now holding a full-time job in my degree and yes I do like it, I just feel like it is not what I was meant to do. I love selling things and have always had a passion about things I know and trying to sell them. Any advice would be much appreciated!
  2. pbwsfi

pbwsfi New Member

If you are looking to sell your own products, it usually will require setting up a website so you can maximize your exposure. If you don't have any products of your own to sell, you can always look into dropshipping which I understand is a little less cumbersome to operate than having to sell, ship, track, and handle payments for your own products. It all depends on how business-savvy you are, but expect to take some time to develop a presence and get noticed before sales and profits come into the picture.
  3. vinmann

vinmann New Member

You said you had tried affiliate marketing, but it is not clear whether you did it through your own website. Some would tell you that for affiliate marketing no website is needed. But to make it big you nedd to have one and most of the vendor won't accept affiliates who don't have a website.

Reagrding selling choose a product after carefully analyzing the niche you are going to target. Make search to find a place to get the product at whole sale price so that you can place a good margin. Whatever you do online do it through your own website.
  4. johnjimat

johnjimat New Member

flacat22: I love selling things and have always had a passion about things I know and trying to sell them.
    this was good to be in affiliate marketing actually. i think you not doing a good way for affiliatiate marketing. try to purchase or find free ebook about affiliate marketing. there are many books out there. we have to keep learning in this field.. [​IMG]
  5. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

Affiliate marketing is selling unless I am mistaken. Its what I do, now if its the business in a box so to speak that you are talking about and having to get sign ups then that is different. I have 6 sites up that I sell ebooks on. But the sky is the limit on what you can sell. I am a newbie still.
  6. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Hi flacat22 and welcome! The others are right, affiliate marketing is selling products, and if you do not have your own products to market, then it is a beautiful way to go.

However, you may have your own stuff you are wanting to sell, and in that case, it is only a matter of setting up a website and then getting trafic to it.

No matter if you are selling your own stuff or affiliate products, the marketing is the same. It's the marketing where you will have the big learning curve... not finding products to sell...[​IMG]
  7. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

Whether or not to do selling, you have to study the marketing first. And apply it on your products. Beside affiliate marketing, there are others like mlm, cpa. It all depends on what you want.
  8. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi flacat22,

Welcome to the forum.

I realize that you think affiliate marketing isn't your cup of tea.

However, by your description of what you enjoy doing to make money, affiliate marketing is by far your best fit.

The only other route would be to create your own products and sell them. You can even create digital products if you like - anything from software to ebooks.

I suggest that you make sure you have a good grasp of the fundamentals of online marketing. You may not have done well simply because you weren't quite in the know as you should have been.

I would start by taking the free 30 Day Challenge. You can read about it on our forum here:

30 Day Challenge - Post Your Experiences Here

Additionally, you might read from make money online blogs and similar.

If you need a paid program, consider One Week Marketing, Honest Riches 3.0, SBI, or Wealthy Affiliate. I would take the free 30 Day Challenge first regardless of what else you might try.

Knowledge, experience, and passionate commitment are generally all that is required to make money online.

Best of luck,

~Newbie Shield~
  9. flacat22

flacat22 New Member

Thanks for all the advice. I do know how to set up a website but at the moment I do not have products. Right now I just want to get the ground work started and start building. I understand that affiliate marketing is selling, just not my type of selling. I will get back into affiliate market eventually once the site is up and running and I have the products. The fact is I just do not know where to look for products at wholesale prices. I will get back into affiliate marketing if I find the right program. I have tried Wealthy Affiliate and like it, just do not have $39.99 a month in order to support it. Once again, thanks and god bless everyone!
  10. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

flacat22: I will get back into affiliate marketing if I find the right program.
    ...so if you know how to DO affiliate marketing, why wait till you can get a program?Wealthy Affiliate is only a tool....

I guess I am not sure that you understand what affiliate marketing is.[​IMG]

flacat22: The fact is I just do not know where to look for products at wholesale prices.
    Commission Junction (cj.com)
    Shareasale.com
    Linkshare.com
  11. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

You could easily set up an eBay store.

If you do, I urge you to look up Jim Cockrum, and get on his Silent Sales Machine list.

He also has a wonderful membership site.
    I have learned a lot from his free newsletters over the years.
    Victoria
  12. happywife

happywife Gold Member

flacat22: The fact is I just do not know where to look for products at wholesale prices.
    I believe Worldwide Brands is the most reputable source for finding products at wholesale prices. I haven't checked into it for several months, but they were still top dog the last time I heard. [​IMG]

Blessings,
    Angie
  13. ScruffyMutt

ScruffyMutt New Member

Hi gang;
    Like the title at the top o' the page says, I'm "new here". Unemployed, collecting a disabillity pension, from which I pay my rent, cell phone/internet, laundry, groceries, cigarettes, etc. (Yes, I'm one of those EVIL people, who SMOKE!) I have an 18 year old, pick up truck, parked in the back yard of the house, that I'm renting a room in. Hopefully, some day, I'ld like to be able to afford to fix that truck up, put it back "on-the-road" and DRIVE it.
    As I'm sure many would guess, that doesn't leave me much, (if any), extra money to play with. I'ld like to get some sort of "On-Line Business" going, but first of all, I have no idea What, nor can I afford any Investment, (unless somebody will "TRUST" me for it, and I'm sure we all know how likely that's about to happen. "Yeah, Right!")
    I've tried a few of those "DEALS" (a.k.a. "SCAMS") No doubt you all know what I'm talking about. - "Send me your credit card info, and next week, you'll be making MEGA BUCKS!" (Or some such variation there of.) I forget how much I've spent on those "DEALS" (Enough to get my VISA card, and M/C chopped into pieces!)
    I hope I don't sound like I'm about to start crying. What I'm trying to say here is that I can't even "afford to pay attention!" I'm BROKE! I got no MONEY! All these "deals" that are being offered, even if it's only $0.01 (one cent), I still can't afford it! (I sometimes have a few dollars in my pocket, but not in the bank, nor do I have any credit cards!)
    Okay, enough of my tales of woe. (You're prob'ly gettin' sick o' hearin' it, eh?)
  14. jaesun16

jaesun16 New Member

HI~

It's not easy to find good program~

I think you are interested in Affiliate marketing~[​IMG]

What ever program you choose, your the biggest concern

would be price~~

Get one competitive price!!

Good luck to you

Happy day~^^[​IMG]
  15. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hi ScruffyMutt,

Since you don't have any money to invest, you can still learn a lot by reading some of the free ebooks available and by doing something like the free 30 Day Challenge.

These things will at least help to educate you so that when you do find yourself in a position to invest a little money into starting an online business you'll have an understanding of what to do and why as well as some of the how.

All the best,
    Angie
  16. flacat22

flacat22 New Member

Yes I have thought about an ebay and it could something I might venture at. I have looked at Worldwide Brands. I will take another looksy at it though. I am interested in Affiliate Marketing and I do have the money but have been burned many which I am sure many of you have. Thanks for the advice everyone! God Bless!
  17. buckwild

buckwild New Member

If you are interested in affiliate marketing have you tried my online income system? You just pay the once for the program and they have a step by step 60 program to teach all about affiliate marketing. There is very little to invest after the inital and it is at your own discretion to spend or not.
    I have my own product and do affiliate marketing and MOIS taught me lots of great ways to market and little to no cost.
  18. yahia

yahia Member

ScruffyMutt: Hi gang;
    Like the title at the top o' the page says, I'm "new here". Unemployed, collecting a disabillity pension, from which I pay my rent, cell phone/internet, laundry, groceries, cigarettes, etc. (Yes, I'm one of those EVIL people, who SMOKE!) I have an 18 year old, pick up truck, parked in the back yard of the house, that I'm renting a room in. Hopefully, some day, I'ld like to be able to afford to fix that truck up, put it back "on-the-road" and DRIVE it.
    As I'm sure many would guess, that doesn't leave me much, (if any), extra money to play with. I'ld like to get some sort of "On-Line Business" going, but first of all, I have no idea What, nor can I afford any Investment, (unless somebody will "TRUST" me for it, and I'm sure we all know how likely that's about to happen. "Yeah, Right!")
    I've tried a few of those "DEALS" (a.k.a. "SCAMS") No doubt you all know what I'm talking about. - "Send me your credit card info, and next week, you'll be making MEGA BUCKS!" (Or some such variation there of.) I forget how much I've spent on those "DEALS" (Enough to get my VISA card, and M/C chopped into pieces!)
    I hope I don't sound like I'm about to start crying. What I'm trying to say here is that I can't even "afford to pay attention!" I'm BROKE! I got no MONEY! All these "deals" that are being offered, even if it's only $0.01 (one cent), I still can't afford it! (I sometimes have a few dollars in my pocket, but not in the bank, nor do I have any credit cards!)
    Okay, enough of my tales of woe. (You're prob'ly gettin' sick o' hearin' it, eh?)

You sound like the challenge I was looking for.

OK, I have a deal for you Scruffy, I was looking for someone just like you. I have a simple method of generating income online starting from scratch.

This is a zero investment that I believe will change the way you think life is. And I am ready to share it with you.

Not only that, I am ready to coach you until you don't need me anymore.

But there is no such a thing as free lunch my friend.

Don't panic yet ... All what I am asking for is your testimonial when I need it.

If you think you have a deal hear let me know when is the best time for you to start.
  19. yahia

yahia Member

Oh ... and one more thing I am asking for ScruffyMutt ....

In addition to the testimonial, I want you to promise me to work on quitting smoking [​IMG]
  20. andreaevens20

andreaevens20 New Member

hi,i'm currently doing the my online system i haven't made any money yet but it's still early days fingers crossed.
    kind regards andrea