New here...which is better?

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by casey, Apr 16, 2010.

1. casey

casey New Member

Like many others, I am looking for a good work at home program to replace my current income. I don't know much about MLM, except you are usually directed to try and get friends and family involved, which I find uncomfortable. Is Network Marketing different/better?
    What are good businesses for me to explore and what is the best way to market an internet business?
    Thanks, everyone.
  2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Welcome Casey!

Here is a good thread on affiliate marketing which is what I am assuming is what you were talking about. I usually throw network marketing and mlm in the same boat and having done both, I prefer affiliate marketing but they both take some time to get into profit....

Good luck![​IMG]
  3. Matt Zenittini

Matt Zenittini Silver Member

I like multi level marketing. It's by far the best way for beginners to make money with the smallest learning curve in my opinion.

As well you get a residual income which really makes it trump affiliate marketing in my opinion.

casey: except you are usually directed to try and get friends and family involved
    That is not a requirement of MLM. As you suggest you can market it online in MANY different ways.

I personally like GBG because of the very low price point of the product and the free business. As well as the very high end product that is truly discounted.

Good luck!

Matt
  4. ronniebranch

ronniebranch New Member

Multi Level Marketing by far is what I personally love because you can leverage the skills of others and do advertising Co-Op's

It is fairly easy to grow a large team once one has the knowledge as I do that with my team.

If you invest time and doing all the work yourself then you have a job basically and that is not a good business model to be in. It is also especially important to find the right company as I was with a old company and they owed me $8000 dollars and never paid and realized I had to build with a company that has integrity and really checked into the company.

A lot of company's have synthetic vitamins and use petroleum machines to produce a lower quality product. It is absolutely key that a product in question is accepted in peer review journals to ensure it has creditability. That was not the case in my previous company, You live and learn so now I am very happy having found my home.

The way to make money in MLM is to find a dedicated leadership team that plans to invest years of their life and are not program hoppers. Any serious leader understands building one business once you get to a certain point there is no time for anything else.

A lot of folks struggle due to the lack of knowledge or money constraints and I personally just give my info for free at this time because I know during these tough times I would appreciate the same. This comes from having a christian background of truly caring about others and not their wallet.

Personally what I look for and what others should is to find somebody to team up with where they can communicate routinely and utilize power tools which I won't cover here and work to build the downline together as a team. The ones I find that become successful are ones who pick up the phone and actively work alongside the leader(s) and do it as a team.

You can watch it happen or wonder how it happens or get involved and it is only the ones who get involved are the ones making money.

Ensure a company is in the direct sellers association and the BBB and is a fortune 500 company because I tell folks why settle for less and invest your time and money in anything less when we know a lot of business ventures can go bust within 2 years. Why gamble your contacts money and time when you don't have to?

Hope you enjoyed the tips!

Ronnie Branch
  5. pinoybloggers

pinoybloggers New Member

hi!

as a blogger i started applying google adsense and then i got my first online income there and then i started also affiliate marketing and email marketing until now. Both will really takes time to have a good income. You need hard work and dedication to your work.
  6. Matt Zenittini

ronniebranch: It is absolutely key that a product in question is accepted in peer review journals to ensure it has creditability.
    I hope you are not saying that is a requirement or it is a bad product?

ronniebranch: Any serious leader understands building one business once you get to a certain point there is no time for anything else.
    All of the leaders in this industry are involved with more than one MLM company.

ronniebranch: Ensure a company is in the direct sellers association and the BBB and is a fortune 500 company because I tell folks why settle for less and invest your time and money in anything less when we know a lot of business ventures can go bust within 2 years. Why gamble your contacts money and time when you don't have to?
    The other thing you can do is look at the companies track record to help you make determinations of what YOU think.

I personally don't hold lots of weight on being a fortune 500 company.

As far as being in the direct sellers association.. That isn't really all that important either in my opinion.

To get into the Direct Sellers Association you just answer 9 questions that don't really pertain to the consumer and await your acceptance.

http://www.dsa.org/membership/join/

I would put more weight into the BBB though =].

Good Luck in your Search,

Matt
  7. wealthbuilders

wealthbuilders New Member

If you can master attraction marketing, you will be able to sell anything with MLM! My favorite guru in the attraction marketing realm is Mike Dillard - google his magnetic sponsoring course. I believe its still less than $40 and he offers a 1 yr money back guarantee if you don't grow your business by at least 10 new people into your downline a month!

Make sure, that whichever opportunity you join, that you find a good sponsor/mentor who will help and train you to grow your business. After all, all great leaders have had mentors!
  8. RICH4NURICHE

RICH4NURICHE New Member

Casey, you must take your time in researching what endeavor you decide to take on. If you want to learn more about Network Marketing/MLM, there are generic educational resources like network-marketing-business-school.com and mentoring for free.com. If you choose direct sales like avon and such, that would be a good one to get into as well since they are reputable. It depends on what fits you. That is very important! Wish you well on your find.
  9. happywife

happywife Gold Member

casey: Like many others, I am looking for a good work at home program to replace my current income. I don't know much about MLM, except you are usually directed to try and get friends and family involved, which I find uncomfortable. Is Network Marketing different/better?
    What are good businesses for me to explore and what is the best way to market an internet business?
    Thanks, everyone.
    Hi Casey,

Network Marketing and MLM are the same thing, more or less. Basically you are building a network of distributors on multiple levels. [​IMG]

If you are determined to go into MLM/Network Marketing I would suggest that you choose a company whose products you and your family enjoy using regularly. Most likely you'll be required to purchase them every month yourself, so hopefully you'll love them. [​IMG]

If you hope/plan to build an MLM business online, be sure to check the TOS of the company and any regulations they may have regarding online marketing. That may make a huge difference in how you can market.

I DO promote some Network Marketing products online, but if you aren't already in an MLM, I'd suggest you start an internet business with affiliate marketing instead until you really get the hang of online marketing.

You can build a niche topic website business around a subject that YOU are already very interested in and knowledgeable about. It cuts down the learning curve tremendously. You can choose a hobby, sport, special interest, etc.

There are almost always ways of monetizing your knowledge and your website traffic once you've got the visitors. You can recommend related products and services and earn a commission on the referrals without any purchase obligations yourself.

After you have a business established and are bringing in some steady income, you'll have more money to work with to put into an MLM company and their products.

Just some thoughts that may help you get going in the right direction.

Blessings,
    Angie
  10. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

Network marketing is the same as affiliate marketing, in essence, but with typically a greater residual income potential via downline network. And more importantly with network marketing as you establish your team you have now positioned yourself to have your income NOT subject to just you and your spouse, but hundreds to thousands, and that makes the income more sustainable. Affiliate marketing is the direct sales model that make you only as income only as sustainable as your last sale.

If you've never gotten a residual income check then when you do it's a great feeling. And when you get one after you've had to take a break from your business because life "came at you fast" it's an even greater feeling.

I spent 15 years dabbling in network marketing before I truly realized the error of my ways. Which was that I didn't take the time to commit to residual income so I could have residual income. Many people don't commit and stay focus on their business through ups and downs so that they can succeed. And if you think one-time pay 2x2 type cyclers are going to bring you long term sustainable monthly residual income they will NOT. There is NOT one long term sustained 2x2 cycler business that exist.

Success in home businesses generally comes down to establishing consistent marketing methods that you do daily, weekly as your schedule permits that will steadily attract quality prospects to your business. If you do this it will be hard not to have success in due course.

The race to home business success is not to the swift but to the one that can endure the challenging road to the city of Success.

Know that it can be done, that others are doing-we are proven examples, and find training and support that will help you succeed in whatever endeavor you decide to pursue.

I would definitely put network marketing residual income in that mix or multiple income stream for your home business goals

As to the family and friends matter. If you can't share your business with your family and friends, but are willing to do it with strangers then get out the business. It doesn't matter who says yes and who says no, but if you like your business and what it is about then why would you not tell your family and friends like you would about any other good or bad thing that you though would benefit them and their lives.

Realize that sharing with family and friends can be the best way to learn and grow from objections to your business so that when you talk to more interested prospects you are able to comfortably and truthfully show them why your business is worth their consideration.

On the flip side sharing with family and friends can also end up being the best way to launch your business into profit mode quickly. Who is more likely to believe your first when you haven't made any money in the business yet...that's right your family and friends.

So share with all, and just be about the business of promoting your business because you like what it is about and the potential it offers you to improve your life for the better.
  11. daymo

daymo New Member

greetings casey

i was in a similar postion to you not so long ago. i was desperate to find a way of making money online. i heard of affiliate marketing and MLM schemes and i wasnt sure which path to choose.

after a little bit of time and reserach into both i decided to go down the line of affiliate marketing. selling digital products.

i became a member of a great program and forum area that gave me so much help and still gives me help.

i havent tried mlm products but im happy with affiliate marketing at the moment
  12. Matt Zenittini

FreeCashMan--

Great post!

FreeCashMan: Network marketing is the same as affiliate marketing, in essence, but with typically a greater residual income potential via downline network. And more importantly with network marketing as you establish your team you have now positioned yourself to have your income NOT subject to just you and your spouse, but hundreds to thousands, and that makes the income more sustainable. Affiliate marketing is the direct sales model that make you only as income only as sustainable as your last sale.

That's the best I have heard it said =].

Matt
  13. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

wow... great thread! [​IMG]
  14. jeffreysloe

jeffreysloe New Member

casey: Like many others, I am looking for a good work at home program to replace my current income. I don't know much about MLM, except you are usually directed to try and get friends and family involved, which I find uncomfortable.
    Hi Casey,

Find someone that you can trust and like, and find out what they are doing. As open ended questions, and then listen. See if what they are going would work for you.
  15. casey

casey New Member

Thanks!! You guys are great!!
    I guess my problem about the family and friends approach is that I have been tricked into attending Amway "parties" and things like that and have felt that my freindship was exploited a bit and I don't want to do that. I am looking at Amega right now and a few other companies that say they offer a turn-key wher I pay my money and they do the rest.
  16. ryanbiddulph

ryanbiddulph New Member

Hi Casey, Your mentor is #1. Know them well! They will be your teacher so they must be trustworthy and competent. With a good mentor it'll be easier to adjust to a particular company.

You've taken the proper first step of performing thorough due diligence. Hit a number of WAH forums and fire away with questions. Most vets are helpful and more than willing to share their knowledge.
  17. Matt Zenittini

casey: Thanks!! You guys are great!!
    I guess my problem about the family and friends approach is that I have been tricked into attending Amway "parties" and things like that and have felt that my freindship was exploited a bit and I don't want to do that. I am looking at Amega right now and a few other companies that say they offer a turn-key wher I pay my money and they do the rest.
    Be weary of someone that offers to do the rest.. Know what you are getting into!. =].

I share the vitamin my company offers with everyone because by not doing so I honestly feel I am doing them a disservice.

If they are interested in the business they approach me. That way I never nag or bother friends and family members =].

Of course I bring in most business builders through online marketing !

There is lots to look into when choosing who you want to build the rest of your life's residual payments with [​IMG].

Good Luck!

Matt
  18. mtran2000

mtran2000 New Member

casey: Thanks!! You guys are great!!
    I would be real leery of the pay money and they do the rest deal. Sounds fishy to me.

Mark
  19. Matt Zenittini

mtran2000: I would be real leery of the pay money and they do the rest deal. Sounds fishy to me.

Mark
    Yeah.. And if it works I think we all want in!! [​IMG]
  20. BRobins

BRobins New Member

I haven't tried MLM, but I do network marketing and have found it very rewarding. It's very simply once you get started.