New here

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by eoconnor, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Wayne Miller

Wayne Miller Member

Yahia,
    I have used totally free advertising and get at least 5 hits a day from that. Which is a 500% increase over what I did with flyers and no cost what so ever. I get more hits from forum posts every day than I ever got from flyers and I belong to many websites and organizations dedicated to the success of online marketers. All are generating hits. In the time I used to spend writing a flyer, getting it printed and distributing it I do at 2,000% better at no cost to me. I have 40 years in sales and nearly as much in advertising and I have tracked every form of advertising know to man with the exception of cave painting. Flyers have by far the lowest response rate and are considered by most people to be an annoyance.
  2. yahia

yahia Member

By hits you don't mean conversions (sales) right? I totally miss understood you in the previous post. So that makes it 0% from flyers.

From free resources (traffic sources, free web pages, links from forum signatures ... etc.) I was able to generate more than $7000 in the past 12 months. Not bad for free money, but is this reliable? Absolutely not. Those sites could disappear, change their rules, the "G" super power could come up with a new algo to ruin it for me ...

It's some money on the side, but not a business and I can not support my family from it. The only business model I trust is claiming ownership of something then trade it for something better, like clicks to conversions.

Targeting is the same online and offline. I think flyers are annoying, but when I use them they work. I'll give you an example of what worked:

A flyer targeting International university students (who are not allowed to work with their current status) telling them about a totally free method to earn money online doing what they do best: writing reports, and they don't need SIN (SSN in the US), and it's not an employment, and can be done from anywhere on plant Earth. And the product is something like Jennifer's OWM. My conversion was extremely high because only International students receive it, they need it, and they want it.

The opposite was something I tried early on when I started this career; green alternatives for houshold chemicals. Thousands of flyers, 0 conversion. Not even a lead!
  3. Wayne Miller

Wayne Miller Member

Yahia, I am all for what works and didn't mean to imply flyers won't work for you. They have never worked for me though and I don't like to use them. I wish you all the success that you deserve and hope it continues forever.
    yahia likes this.
  4. Well, I have not been advised that I can post a link to the job, but the job is still available. Amazon.com is still looking for customer service agents that can work from home. :)
  5. tkyles1009

tkyles1009 Member

Well first of all welcome! I'm new to this forum as well, but I can tell you I'm not that new to this business. I want to start by saying to make money you will have to spend some; just being honest;) , but I can promise you not nearly as much as you think.

You can start by researching internet marketing and affiliate marketing which most beginners start with affiliate marketing. Which is basically self-exclamatory and you would promote other companies' products for a percentage of the commission.:cool:

Just take it a day at a time a skill at a time and I promise you'll be fine.

All the best:)