New Lens - Please critique

Discussion in 'Squidoo' started by Lauram, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Lauram

Lauram New Member

Hi,
    This is my first lens in my new niche...please give me some feedback...any comments would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.squidoo.com/breastfeedinghowtodososuccessfully

I also received some advice from a fellow member of this forum and they suggested that I don't put any links (clickbank) on my lens until I get some traffic, then add them...

My question, once I start getting traffic (being optimistic here..) will the traffic continue in most cases? I just wouldn't want to 'waste' any traffic and potential sales...what would be considered enough time or amount of traffic to wait before addding a link?

Thanks you so much for any input..I'm still learning and I know there is ALOT of experience in this forum!

[Post edited - Admin]
  2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I LOVE it! I favorited, rated and commented it. [​IMG]

Having breastfed 5 kiddos of my own- you did a great job and I love the pics you found for it.

5 stars from me.[​IMG]
  3. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Great lens! Well written, with tenderness and detail. I was "latched" to every word. [​IMG]

Lauram: I also received some advice from a fellow member of this forum and they suggested that I don't put any links (clickbank) on my lens until I get some traffic, then add them...
    I don't know the context in which that advice was given, but on the surface it seems counterproductive to me.

The successful marketer knows to strike while the iron is hot. Your lens is hot, in terms of the content quality, depth and presentation. It's rivetting! It gets and holds the reader's attention, and that's the BEST time to influence her to take another action that could benefit you both. You may never get another opportunity to convert that reader.

Imagine yourself going to the grand opening of a neighborhood supermarket, only to find that the Meat and Poultry section is still under construction. Would you wait and return in a few days, or would you go find another supermarket to get your meats?

I'd put the links in right now!

Hermas
  4. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Lauram: I also received some advice from a fellow member of this forum and they suggested that I don't put any links (clickbank) on my lens until I get some traffic, then add them...
    I was probably the one that told her that and the reason for that is that you want to wait to put in too many links until the lens is indexed.

Once you see a green checkmark next to the lens in the dashboard, you can add them....but it never a bad thing to wait so that the search engines don't view your page as a spam page.

Or that has been my experience. [​IMG]
  5. Lauram

Lauram New Member

Thank you both for your wonderful comments...they are VERY motivating!!

mountainmom5: I LOVE it! I favorited, rated and commented it.

Having breastfed 5 kiddos of my own- you did a great job and I love the pics you found for it.

5 stars from me.
    Wow...thank you, mountainmom5, for the favorited and review, will have to figure out about adding it my favourites...and the pics, well, I didn't have to look far, my computer...they are of myself and daughter!! [​IMG]

A8ch: Great lens! Well written, with tenderness and detail. I was "latched" to every word.
    Thank you, A8ch, your comments are also much appreciated! I did work hard on this lens and think it turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself!

Thank you both on your insight on the links...I have the 'green check' on my dashboard (who knew that's what it meant!!) so I added a clickbank link to my lens...I guess as long as you don't go crazy with links and adverts, you should be OK!

Onto the next one!!

By the way, anyone know why admin would have edited my link?

Thanks again [​IMG] [​IMG]
  6. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Lauram: By the way, anyone know why admin would have edited my link?
    Yeah - we can only have links to our stuff in our sig.[​IMG]
  7. Lauram

Lauram New Member

mountainmom5: Yeah - we can only have links to our stuff in our sig.
    ahhhhhhh, thank you!! Yet another good thing to know!
  8. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Lauram: so I added a clickbank link to my lens...I guess as long as you don't go crazy with links and adverts, you should be OK!
    I believe the maximum number of outbound affiliate links Squidoo allows per lens is 9, so you're in good shape.

Hermas
  9. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

I just stick them in there..and publish!

So far, so good.

I am off to see your Lens and leave you 5 stars too!
    Victoria
  10. Lauram

Lauram New Member

VictoriaNTC: I am off to see your Lens and leave you 5 stars too!
    Victoria
    Thank you, Victoria....I feel like a 'star'!! [​IMG]

So...silly question, but, I'm guessing the stars help your lens somehow? If you get comments with lots of stars, does the search engines rate it higher too? Or does it mean nothing to the search engines and ALOT to the author?

Thanks!