New Melaleuca Thread...anyone interested?

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by CJConsulting, Nov 5, 2010.

1. klewis0906

klewis0906 New Member

Lsss
    MelaTiger - where do you live?
  2. daspencer

daspencer New Member

I just started in a partnership with Melaleuca. So far, it has been great. I'm still looking for ways to get my name out there. If anyone that is still involved with them can help me, I would be forever grateful.
  3. Curious,

So what do you Mel members think of Obama attacking your CEO which has been all over the news in last few days when it was published he was a Romney supporter and donated big to his campaign. This put him on Obams's $hit list and they then posted publically a bunch of lies that he was anti gay, among other things. Simply amazing, but I was happy to see your CEO come on FOX to tell the truth about attack from Obama.

Success to all,
  4. Kyle_K

Kyle_K Member

FREEBUSINESSES: So what do you Mel members think of Obama attacking your CEO which has been all over the news in last few days when it was published he was a Romney supporter and donated big to his campaign.
    So, you mean a company CEO who supports small-business, the entrepreneur, middle-class working folks, making this world a better place with environmentally friendly products was attacked by President Obama. Nothing the President of the USA does surprises me. With the mass media in his back pocket he can get away with just about anything. I know who I will be voting for at election time.
  5. saferforyourhom

saferforyourhom New Member

I love Melaleuca and their products [​IMG] So far the only thing I am having problems with are finding contacts/leads. So if you are interested, give me a shout
  6. Miller23

Miller23 New Member

I just signed up with Melaleuca a few days ago and got my first person enrolled yesterday. It is difficult to find people interested in enrolling or joining your team to earn money because of how many scams there are out there right now but this is not one of them. You can make extra money or even a living with this company but no, its not easy, you have to work hard just like with any other job. Nothing comes easy. I think this job is perfect for stay at home parents or people who physically can't work. My mom got into it because she had a stroke and could no longer cut hair and with no insurance she started really struggling. She has earned 1,000 dollars with Melaleuca now. I have a full-time job and so does my husband but who doesn't like having a little extra cash around? I'm not looking to make this a career so I'm shooting for 1,000 extra a month. I have also tried Melaleuca's products and they really are great. I think that's what makes it a little easier because the products basically sell itself and once people see how well they work they do want to enroll. My inlaws are one of the cheapest people I know and they were the first people I signed up! I am looking forward to building my team and start making some money! But hey, if this doesn't work out, at least I got some amazing products from this :) if anyone wants to join my team let me know!
  7. Kyle_K

Kyle_K Member

There are several things that help Melaleuca stand out:

1. World class products. The leading grocery store brands only care about shelf space in the store and profits. Melaleuca is not bound by that business model. Therefore, they make the best in class products and use their customers to promote the products rather than pay millions to ad execs.

2. You don't need a new budget for the products. Everyone buys these things already. Just switch stores and get BETTER products at a better value.

3. The compensation plan rewards the producer and encourages the help and support of others. No skips, drops or getting in "first". Just do your best at promoting it and referring others and you will succeed.
  8. helping hand

helping hand New Member

Hi all:

I'm new to Mela and I'm working with a team that's working warm and cold leads. I noticed some comments refer to Mela as a typical MLM company. Mela is not a multi-level marketing company; it's a direct marketing company; the customer (you) buy direct from the manufacturer. If you look in your back office, there are documents to support this and it serves as a good marketing point. My Sr Director gave us a copy of his checks he received. They were all in the $20 thousand dollar range and Mela has not missed paying him yet. He's been in the business for 5 yrs and that retention record is amazing. I noticed most MLM companies start off strong, but crash just as fast because the residuals don't last.

I can say out of all the companies out there, Mela is reliable and the products are great. I think if you stick to a good game plan with your director or whomever on your team is "sponsoring" you, then you should be ok. People who try the products will be repeat customers if they are serious about building a business or about saving money.

I'm looking to build my team as well. If anyone has any ideas on how to prospect, I'm all ears.
  9. Dick B.

Dick B. New Member

Stephanie,

If you are looking to "build your team" you are in a multilevel marketing company. Although many people regard them as pyramid schemes, they can be a very legitimate form of business - unless - they cross the line and focus more on recruiting members than they do on product sales, at which time they do cross the line to become a pyramid scheme which is illegal and can be shut down.

<Snip>
    [Links go in the signature - Admin]
  10. Busy Momma

Busy Momma New Member

Your opinion about objection that they can't make the 35 pt monthly minimum?

I had started a year ago and made director during their Nov $1 promotion. But since then, my customers have all cancelled stating it is too expensive and they are getting stock-piled and are not going through enough product to re-order (downside of being so concentrated). What have you been saying to customers about meeting that minimum? I have been using the comparison shopping spreadsheet, but get feedback that our products are too expensive when you add in shipping and handling.
  11. TJamMoneyMan

TJamMoneyMan Active Member

How did Obama "attack" this person?
  12. SharrsHomeBiz

SharrsHomeBiz New Member

Hi Everyone! I love this company! I've been a customer for 7 years and just started the business side last year. I couldn't be happier, because I don't have to pay a monthly fee, i just have to buy things I would buy anyway. Plus, I save money, so its a win, win situation!

Sharron
  13. TJamMoneyMan

Can't you guys promote a PYRAMID MLM without LYING about Obama???
  14. I remember discussing the program with a representative a while back, it sounded interesting, but if I remember correctly, the money, or expenditure that was required wasn't working for me.
  15. TJamMoneyMan

The reality is that few people actually make a living with Melaleuca.

My ire with Melaleuca comes from them simply lying:
    I first asked about Melaleuca and if I had to spend money to do the business part.
    I was told "no" and thus coaxed into watching the extended sales pitch video.
    Afterwards the FIRST THING the rep said to me was, to paraphrase, "now lets get you on a purchase plan!"

Their continual claim that Melaleuca is not an MLM:
    Their claim that Melaleuca is Consumer Direct Marketing (CDM), "the only one of it's kind", is supported ONLY by the fact that CDM is a registered trademark and thus NO entity can use the term CDM for that reason alone.

Their claims about their energy bar were easily disproven and I showed the clinical proof in the previous Melaleuca thread.
    And the same person who claimed their energy bar was so great, made 100% FALSE claims about the well known POWER BAR energy bar.

I also was sent a comparison chart "showing" how Melaleuca products were cheaper than the same products sold at WALMART(!!!).
    Among other things, they chose to compare REMBRANT TOOTHPASTE - the most EXPENSIVE, and highly overpriced, toothpaste offered at Walmart, to theirs.

And, like most product based MLM's, they claim their products are simply "superior".
    They resort to this tactic when it's shown that better products can be had for less cost.

At this point they resort to subjective evaluations, like how people just "love" their products.
    This tactic is used on their income disclaimer - that most people buy Melaleuca because they "love" their products - not to pursue the business option.
    "Love"???
    And just how do they determine why people buy Melaleuca products?

This section of the forum is about BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES and should address that aspect of Melaleuca primarily.
    If you examine the Melaleuca thread, you'll see that few people stick around very long.
    I believe that is because the business opportunity is nil.

Like any pyramid MLM, only those at or near the top earn anything substantial at Melaleuca.

NOW, they are posting lies about OBAMA?
    That's really cheap!
    But it's consistent with how they lie to promote their business.
  16. TJamMoneyMan

A pyramid structure is a pyramid structure/scheme regardless of whether or not products are involved.
  17. Peggy Sheppard

Peggy Sheppard New Member

WOW! just got to say I am so glad I found this thread. I joined Melaleuca a couple of weeks ago and feel as if I am doing it alone. The very day I signed up my sponsor went into the hospital and no one (absolutely no one) has contacted me to follow up!!

I know its a wonderful company, I've used their products before. I have spoken with several people at my regular job and sent them to the website to watch the videos, but that is as far as I have gotten.

Can anyone out there help me? I literally feel like I need someone to take me by the hand and help me to launch this. I mean how do I advertise it? Is is just word of mouth? I need help to build my customer base. I don't want to give up!!! I am reading how easy it was for some of you to sign people up, what am I doing wrong?

Respectfully,
    Peggy, (melaleuca newbie)
  18. Kyle_K

Kyle_K Member

I had quoted FreeBusiness the poster above me. There may have been something lost when the forum board was updated to make it hard to recognize that. I never brought Obama to the conversation, but I did reply to the poster above me.

Politics aside, I don't think you have brought much to the discussion at all. You have an outsiders knowledge and feel you are an expert on the subject. I get a check from Melaleuca every month. I can promise you that Walmart and Target never gave me a nickel for shopping there. Of course Melaleuca would compare there products to the best products in the store because they produce high end products that are better quality than the leading brands. Major corporations like Proctor and Gamble make their products cheaper by using sythetic, toxic chemicals. They pay millions of dollars for marketing campaigns and shelf space. Melaleuca pays it's consumers to be the advocate for their great products. Melalueca does not. THAT is why they are better. If you had created consumer direct marketing, then you probably would have copyright protected it as well.

The shipping for my order this month was approximately $7. People buy stuff online ALL the time and gladly pay shipping. Why would it be soooooooooo different with Melaleuca?

Peggy, feel free to send me a PM through this site. I would be glad to help you. That's a big part of what Melaleuca is all about.
  19. rooster64

rooster64 New Member

20. TJamMoneyMan

You continue the same diatribe.
    And Obama never even made the statements!!
    It's just the right wing opposition's continuing practice of spreading lies, in a shameless effort to win this election by any means necessary.
    If Melaleuca is so great, you wouldn't have to sell it with political lies.

The person who made the quote, FREEBUSINESSES, was here on another thread previously, telling me about how the "liberals" fear the now blessedly invisible SARAH PALIN(!!!) so much.

Sell your products, not politics.

Rembrant Tooth Whitener is hardly the best toothpaste product Walmart has to offer. But it is the most expensive... Melaleuca just made sure they picked the most expensive brand to do a price comparison with.
    That is a "straw man" technique, indicative of their deceptive practices.

The only thing Melaleuca "created" was a new name game for MLM Pyramids to play. But that's ok, do that, AND have it copyrighted...
    But saying, "Melaleuca is the ONLY one that can call itself CDM" is again DECEPTIVE.
    It's just another way to try to deceive folks into thinking Melaleuca is something other than another MLM Pyramid!

The ONLY reason Melaleuca is the only company that can do so is that they are the only ones who own the copyright! NOT that they have any revolutionary structure - as they claim.
    No different than General Motors being the "only company in the world" who can call themselves GM!
    Again, that is one of the many deceptive practices of Melaleuca.
    They are still an MLM Pyramid, regardless of having a fancy name for themselves.

Melaleuca is NOT EVEN the only company that strives to manufacture safer, more environmentally friendly products.
    And I challenge you to compare Melaleuca products to comparable ones that can be had for a cheaper price - not simply comparing Melaleuca products to the most expensive ones you can find.

I don't know for a fact, the money spent, but I am willing to bet Melaleuca too spends "millions of dollars for marketing campaigns". The price for that, and paying their reps, is reflected in the HIGHER PRICE of their product. Where else would they get the money to make these payments?

Each one of these MLMs attempts to lay claim to "higher quality" to justify their ridiculously higher prices.
    Put a Melaleuca, or ANY MLM product on a shelf with a comparable NON MLM product and the Melaleuca/MLM product will NOT sell.
    I have the experience and testimony of a number of retailers to support me on that.