New Melaleuca Thread...anyone interested?

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by CJConsulting, Nov 5, 2010.

1. hmoorecruz

hmoorecruz New Member

It seems these days that any internet based work, direct sales etc... are a crap shoot. Seems to be one extreme or another you here about extreme success and extreme failure. I just want to make a living while raising my children myself. I have worked out side the home my entire working years and want a change but also want to make sure I am contributing financially. If you are involved in this company and are happy with it then that is all that really matters. If its picking up and seems to be getting better and working stay with it.

2. ToGetHealthy

ToGetHealthy New Member

You really have no real basis for an argument as to why this company is not legitimate, you say they are a scam, yet they offer a real product for a price just like any other company. If people are willing to pay those prices then I don't see how there is a scam involved anywhere. If you make the argument that the products don't work (which is simply not true) then the company would simply fail because people would stop buying their products just like any other company with terrible products. If people enjoy using crappy products then that is there business isn't it? As for the business opportunity there is no large investment required, they simply expect you to purchase a minimum amount of products (of which there are plenty of options & which would replace things you currently purchase anyway) and it is really just a glorified referral program.

There are PLENTY of legitimate companies who offer referral programs. One off the top of my head is Dreamhost (http://www.dreamhost.com/affiliates/) who will pay you if you refer someone to use their services in a pyramid method as well. Does this mean Dreamhost is also a scam? They are in fact offering a real product for money.

The fact that the company only allows you to buy their products through their customers is simply a way to insure that they are in fact supporting the people who have already decided to build a business with them. If the company sold through retailers or any other source people building a business would lose out because then they are competing with the company's multi-million dollar advertising budget. This is also why Melaleuca does not advertise in a traditional manner, it helps give the people who want to make extra money by referring their products the opportunity to do the advertising for them and pay them for the advertising instead of an agency or television studio or radio station. Your typical company has enormous advertising budgets that could be used to reward their customers instead don't you think?

As for the "obviously illegal practices", show me an example of one law that is being broken. I would love to hear all about it since you clearly have a robust knowledge of business law and how often illegal companies manage to weasel their way out of prosecution. Also where did you go to law school to acquire such knowledge?

3. Brian Lavigne

Brian Lavigne New Member

I just enrolled with Melaleuca and want to jumpstart my business with them. I worked with my friends and family, but I get bombarded with "I don't have the money", "I don't want to use my credit card over the internet", I'm financially strapped",.. the list goes on! I have trouble trying to reach out to the general public trying to introduce these products to them. I had responses from people where they don't want to see a webinar or pay to join. Then they see the prices, and say "no thanks". And I can't get them to be a preferred customer because that's a 35-point obligation. So it's been challenging and frustrating, so I'm reaching out to anyone who can help who has been successful. Thanks!