New skill offerings

Discussion in 'West at Home' started by klc1279, Sep 18, 2008.

1. klc1279

klc1279 New Member

Hi i am new to the forum...I am a newhire with west and worked for them about 6 months in 2007 before they started getting slow...I was on the bru/tru lines, then was termed for lack of hours....I was just rehired in august and was only offered the dr skill. I gave it a try and during training, decided to resign from the skill training, i am not good with upsells, and didnt feel very comfortable trying to push upsells to customers...I am looking for a different skill that is more customer service focused...I am needing to work from home as my youngest son is disabled, and i am a stay at home mom...Does anyone know when they are going to start offering other skills, i know the holiday season is coming up soon, and if i am not mistaken they might start offering for then, but for some of the old timers with west do you know when it really starts getting busier for new skill offerings...Any input and help would be appreciated...Thanks a bunch..[​IMG]
    Lori
  2. miraclemom

miraclemom New Member

I would love to hear the answer to that one myself! I am working DR and can't stand the upsales. I am finding myself schedueling early early morning and late night and afternoons to avoid those types of calls. I have been with West for almost 2 years now and not been offered a new skill since they changed over as employees. I am beginnning to wonder if they don't know I'm there.The only skill I have right now is DR so I can't afford to drop it and wait for a new one.
  3. klc1279

klc1279 New Member

Thanks for replying back. I am not happy with the wait time either. It will be a month for me waiting on the new skill next week Friday, and it doesn't seem to be no end in sight with the waiting game. I am really getting frustrated because they won't offer anything. I also heard that with DR that when you on that skill, normally they don't offer another skill...This could be why you haven't recieved any other skill offerings yet. They told me this in HR went I was re-hired because I specifically asked them this question.
  4. mz_smith

mz_smith New Member

I was hoping that I was offered a new skill too. I resigned from vm almost a month ago because of some personal issues, but I never worked the skill. I finished training then I had some other issues that I was dealing with and was unable to focus. I hope they offer me something soon because I can use the extra cash, I have a full time job outside the home and im trying to avoid taking a part time job out side the home so hopefully they will offer me something in the next few weeks.
  5. mz_smith

mz_smith New Member

I was hoping that I was offered a new skill too. I resigned from vm almost a month ago because of some personal issues, but I never worked the skill. I finished training then I had some other issues that I was dealing with and was unable to focus. I hope they offer me something soon because I can use the extra cash, I have a full time job outside the home and im trying to avoid taking a part time job out side the home so hopefully they will offer me something in the next few weeks.
  6. klc1279

klc1279 New Member

I guess alot of us are in the same boat. I am not sure how long it is taking. I like the old way of requesting a different skill offering. This way isn't good at all. If you have to try and wait to get a skill, it could be forever the way it is looking. [​IMG]
  7. snowball

snowball New Member

Been with West over five years around the first part of Nov they really get busy more so with Virgin Mobile that has a skill called Virgin Mobile Holiday
  8. rsoler

rsoler New Member

Here's a hint!

If anyone can afford to be out of work for 2-3wks then resign from your current skill and you will be offer another skill. It has work for me. OTHERWISE, you will stay stuck in that skill for a LONG TIME! now It is not a guarantee but it has work for me and others I hear.

RO
  9. angel41372

angel41372 New Member

I'm a new hire and realized while training for direct response that it wasn't for me. I resigned and still waiting for another skill. Its really getting annoying that I haven't been offered anything.
  10. pageli123

pageli123 New Member

i saw your post and i'm in the same boat. I finifshed all my trinaing for VMU but I don't want to do it right now, I have some other stuff going on. I want to resign but dont' know how it will affect my ability to get another skill. have you going another skill yet? If so, how long did it take. thanks for the feedback.
  11. klc1279

klc1279 New Member

still nothing for me i just resigned entirely as i didnt know what else to do.
  12. shelly02

shelly02 New Member

if anyone here knows anything about medical billing or can type I could sure use some help and will pay by the hour till after holidays are over
  13. pennyhm

pennyhm New Member

shelly02: if anyone here knows anything about medical billing or can type I could sure use some help and will pay by the hour till after holidays are over

Hi, I can type about 70 wpm and have done medical billing for 1. a doctor's office, 2. a centralized billing firm (did radiology billing mostly) and 3. an insurance company.
  14. shelly02

shelly02 New Member

Do you have a fax machine also I will need your email address.I have so much to do just to get caught up we can also discuss the pay. Thanks so much
  15. klc1279

klc1279 New Member

I have background in payment posting, and also worked for an insurance company, I do have claims background and data entry skills. I type 55-60 wpm and numeric over 11,000 ksph alpha 8500 ksph...i don't have a fax machine but I do have email addy.. [email protected]
  16. shelly02

shelly02 New Member

I am working with a very old Doctor ,that has requested me to fill forms out the old fashion way . I have the up to date Medisoft but what he wants is for me to put the right ICD-9 and CPT codes in form and then at top put patients ID number at the bottom the date the form was updated completed. After that I use the label writer and put paitents name on top.I did not ask him why and honestly do not care so long as I am paid .I thought I could send a blank form that can be copied used as a template you add the codes to the right that I send you, then you send them back.I can send you one you can look at becuase it is hard to explain it is going on 4: AM and wore out I have other work at home jobs I have to do also . Think about it let me know sorry for the typing errors but like I said I am beat .I can pay by the hour and have enough work to keep you me and two others busy till after holidays.
  17. vagabond

vagabond New Member

I am curious about this, how can you pay by the hour when you don't know how many hours it took? And how much per hour?
  18. shortylow2008

shortylow2008 New Member

I am finishing up my degree in Health Information management which taught us some about medical billing and typing is not a problem, I've been working (full-time job) for over 10 years in a data entry/administrative position, so if you need help I will be happy to check out what your offering
  19. lasonya70

lasonya70 New Member

I type 55 wpm and I am very knowledgeable in medical billing. I am currently working for a company called coventry health care. I educate providers office as to why their workers comp bills are not being paid, and educate providers on how to re-bill with the supporting documentation needed in order to have their bills appealed for additional allowances. My email address is [email protected]. I do not have a fax, however it is in the working. I should have that setup within the week.
  20. WindyCityMom

WindyCityMom New Member

Hello al I'm new here and also have been hired by West but I haven't started my training yet. I actually clicked on the wrong skill and meant to click on Sears Home Repair but after sending them an email I have gotten no response. Has anyone else experienced this problem?[​IMG]