New strategy to get more twitter followers

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by alannah gibney, May 8, 2015.

1. alannah gibney

alannah gibney New Member

Hey guys! I already knew the basics in getting twitter followers but I'm just wondering maybe one of you here know new techniques :) THANKS!!

2. SandraGJ

SandraGJ Member

That depends on many factors. To be fair, I don't think there are any new techniques per se, there are only new ways of implementing the old ones. It also depends on whether you're using twitter for business or for personal purposes.

3. Russell Toews

Russell Toews Member

Tweet Adder is a program that gains followers on automatic. I used it to bring my twitter account to almost 30K . It could've gone much higher but I changed to using a Mac computer and could no longer use it.

EDIT - OOPS! Nevermind. I just looked at Tweet Adder and I see they are no longer functioning due to Twitter revoking their API access.

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  4. BranTheMan

BranTheMan New Member

Follow 800 people per day and they will start to follow back
    Favorite 800 Tweets per day... Conciser looking into finding a bot for this to take away some of the grunt work
    Stay consistent; Tweet regularly 10+ times per day at the least. Run contests and don't be afraid to ask your followers for retweets every now and then.

Russell Toews likes this.
  5. John_Moore

John_Moore Member

If you just stick to what this dude just said you can get some decent followers if you target your audience

6. BranTheMan

BranTheMan New Member

And I'd like to get into the specifics a little more for those of you who are complete newbies to Twitter.

You're able to favorite 1000 tweets per day and you're able to follow 1000 people per day...The reason I say to keep this at 800 is so you're not triggering their rate limits everyday. They do not like people who do this just to garner attention to themselves.

Also, when I say to tweet 10+ times per day, I do not mean to make every single tweet "Hey check out Website.com #SEO #ReTweet #FollowBack". Make most of your tweets thoughtful, giving people tips, tricks, advice and ideas. Maybe even throw some jokes in there. The point is to establish a relationship with your followers before asking something of them. No one likes to see an account posting nothing but advertisements. Personally, for every 1 tweet I make advertising a website, I follow that with another 10 regular tweets giving people advice or ideas.

10+ tweets per day may also seem like a lot to keep up with. You can write these in advance and then schedule them to go out whenever you would like using websites like TweetDeck or GrabInBox. Both 100% free to use.

Finally, new accounts have different limits than established accounts with thousands of followers. I believe the limit when you have less than 1000 followers, is that you can't follow more than 1000 of the number you have following you...Don't quote me on that exact number, but you take my point. If you have 200 followers, you can't follow more than 1,200.

So start slow. If you only have 20 followers right now, you can start by following just 100 per day. As you continue to do this, people will slowly start to follow back. Once you see that you have completely hit your follow limit, you can use websites like Tweepi and NotFollow.me to unfollow only those who are not following you back.

Anyway, hope that helps... My fingers are on fire today :D