New to affiliate marketing...

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Netners21, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Netners21

Netners21 New Member

Hello all! My name is Lynette & I am thinking about signing up for clickbank & Cj...I do not have any web design exp though my friend told me I could make a good amount of sales with setting up a myspace for a product. Has any one done this? Any advice?

Thanks,

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I have never used myspace although there is no reason you couldn't make sales if you have enough friends or a following to your myspace site.

good luck!

3. yasser

yasser New Member

never used it before. you can also use ebay classifieds to promote affiliate products.[​IMG]

4. Jim Gillum

Jim Gillum New Member

You can also consider a free blog......not hard to set up.....

5. carterstory

carterstory New Member

Jim Gillum: You can also consider a free blog......not hard to set up.....
    Very true, blogger (googles system) and wordpress are probably the top 2. You can also use Hub pages / Squidoo to write reviews of the affiliate product that you are selling and then link to your affiliate page.

6. jhoecannon

jhoecannon New Member

Also, try Twitter if you have a lot of followers.

7. CarrieLyn

CarrieLyn Guest

Hi Netners,

I've never heard of using myspace to sell a product. If you do get that to work though please let us know here...would love to find out.

A blog is a great idea and actually what I would recommend but there is also definitely a learning curve involved with that as you have to learn how to get your website (blog) to rank on google. I have never written code before but the interface through wordpress is very newbie friendly.

It's also pretty easy to set up campaigns advertising your product through google and yahoo that point to your affiliate page. I think those would probably be your easiest options.

8. NewRich23

NewRich23 New Member

Myspace has classifieds you can post for free, you can even do this with forums. If you don't have alot of friends, start requesting, it's worth it.

9. RhondaHampton

RhondaHampton New Member

yasser: never used it before. you can also use ebay classifieds to promote affiliate products.
    Can you use ebay classifieds to promote affiliate products without it being considered to be spam?

Rhonda

10. Louem

Louem New Member

Hi Netners,

I've never used myspace for selling product, but I've used Ebay and blogging with some good success. I am doing affiliate marketing now with clickbank, also with some good success so I can tell you that Affiliate marketing works.

And yes, you can sell Affiliate products on Ebay and it's fairly easy to get started. This was one of the first things I tryed when I started Affiliate Marketing

Best of luck!

11. anthony2313

anthony2313 Member

You can write articles and send the traffic to the affiliate website.

Its a method called bum marketing

12. emma2020

emma2020 New Member

Hi,

There are many ways of promoting your affiliate links once you have them. These include your own blog and sharing them with sites like delicious, stumble upon for example. Then there is viral marketing.

When starting an affiliate program you have to think of all sources of marketing.

Good luck,

Emma x