New to MLM and need some advice.

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by mspeer, Jan 12, 2011.

1. mspeer

mspeer New Member

My wife recuited me to join her downline. I am right under her in her binary tree. Her thinking is that if all sales go through me, we would benefit even more because I would get commission from my sales and she would get a percentage from it as well. Is this the right was of going about this or should we just focus on one business? I just want to maximize out potential. I have heard that couples succeed in this but have not met any.

Secondly....she is a better at recuiting than me. I know I will have no problem moving the product but I want to develop my own tree. Is there any book out there that could help or some site i can look at? I have been using Twitter with tweetbig but have yet to get a bite.
  2. Covkimbo

Covkimbo New Member

MLM is a people business..you've got a good product that people want to buy? Talk about it. Everywhere. On Twitter, on a blog, on Facebook. But remember that people join YOU first, not the business - you need to build a relationship with your prospects and then keep that relationship going if they sign up. Pointless playing the numbers game and recruiting hundreds of people if they all do nothing. Find people who really WANT to work the business. It may take you longer to achieve what you want but at least you'll get there
  3. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

If you both decide to build your own teams, your income will be bigger and bigger each month as long as your teams grow.

It does not matter what she does. Do all you can do and you can free yourself and your wife.

Tal
  4. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

To make the most money in a networking opportunity the top earners or those that desire to be focus on team building and not individual sales like a store.

If you feel your strong point is the sale of the product then I would find a way to "close" that out with an offer to make money in the biz.

The substantive money is in the network. Just think how the company thinks. The want more and more reps moving the product, and so should you, reps by default are locked product sales, customers are fickle.
  5. ahlun

ahlun New Member

1. Utilize the Internet to build your teamlines. Of course, you have to devote time to build relationship with your prospects.

2. Once your team is established, using social networking sites and emails to contact or even promote your current products to them. Having quality products is a BIG PLUS, as you now have your biggest selling point to sell!

3. Explain well to your prospects. Tell them about your program details. For example, Pay Plan, or any hidden charges or restrictions.

4. After certain times, you will figure out only some may be convinced by you and some would be good candidates (the ones that have good performance) to keep a long-term relationships.

5. The above is an on-going list of activities. Continue to do so may yield you a better successful rate.

Of course, you can modify your list of activities. This forum has many innovative ideas for us newbies to learn!

Let's work together! [​IMG]
  6. mspeer

mspeer New Member

Thank you guys! I like this type of business where it pays to help people. I really appreciate the input.
  7. dougadam

dougadam New Member

mspeer: My wife recuited me to join her downline. I am right under her in her binary tree. Her thinking is that if all sales go through me, we would benefit even more because I would get commission from my sales and she would get a percentage from it as well.
    Did you contact the company before you did this?

I know many MLM companies only allow one distributor per family household. To prevent double dipping.

blessings...
    Douglas Adams
  8. ScottCofer

ScottCofer Member

Good ideas above. You were looking for a website to look at - I would suggest you visit networkmarketingpro on a daily basis. Excellent generic training, so you can have the people you both recruit use it as well.

- Scott
  9. mspeer: My wife recuited me to join her downline. I am right under her in her binary tree. Her thinking is that if all sales go through me, we would benefit even more because I would get commission from my sales and she would get a percentage from it as well. Is this the right was of going about this or should we just focus on one business? I just want to maximize out potential. I have heard that couples succeed in this but have not met any.

Secondly....she is a better at recuiting than me. I know I will have no problem moving the product but I want to develop my own tree. Is there any book out there that could help or some site i can look at? I have been using Twitter with tweetbig but have yet to get a bite.
    Good question,

Personally, in a binary it just creates the illusion you will earn more by both being in the binary, but in reality, you have to balance both, so you need to work twice as hard, so in the end, no difference as I see it. Sure, you will earn a small commission and be one sale closer to reaching the pay out point, but this is all you will earn, and in the typical binary, you are just one sale closer to payout when you hit your required point of payout.

Success to all,
  10. RICH4NURICHE

RICH4NURICHE New Member

Going with what FREEBUSINESS wrote, i strongly recommend researching the different compensation plan structures. One place that is educational is network-marketing-business-school.com
  11. JanHickling

JanHickling New Member

You and your wife sound like me and my husband. I recruited him [​IMG] put him on the left side and told him to have at it.

This is our second go round as up-line, down-line. (Last time he was on the top) My lesson is for us to build our own business. It was difficult for us to separate our husband/wife roles with our business.

Did you know a great husband does not necessarily make a good upline?

We all have strengths and weaknesses. If your weak in recruiting than start looking online at what some others are doing. (Don't buy anything!!! Just look and listen)

Have Fun!

Jan Hickling
  12. PaulReimers

PaulReimers New Member

In response to the "double dipping" comment before, all companies are different and have completely different pay plans and policies. The best thing to do is to look at those first and then decide the best placement or if it would work at all.

I am in a binary that allows family members to join separately. I know some people in my company who are sponsored by a person who is really active and they will place the spouse on the inside leg and build that together. That means that their total volume is only 1/3 of the volume they get paid for, the other 2/3rds come from the "power leg" the first spouse is placed on.

It all depends on the comp plan and policies, but in my company the above scenario can work out very well for couples.
  13. gtomoe

gtomoe New Member

Whether you're under your wife or not really isn't going to make a significant difference in the long run or determine success/failure. Building a good strong downline will, so focus on that.

As far as building your downline goes I use the internet and I am experimenting with buying leads. So far both have worked well but I found that buying qualified leads was faster and so more productive time wise. Although using free leads generated through the internet cost me nothing but time, it was slower. My focus is the big picture and the long run so investing in leads doesn't bother me. Besides, I made my money back as soon as I signed the people up and the ROI was great. I split the cost with another teammate so that helped.

If you have the money in your budget and you feel that you are with a solid company that provides something of value(I'm assuming you are or you wouldn't be with them) then I recommend buying leads as a way to help you grow your business even faster.

By the way, this also depends on how your company pays for new members because this will determine your ROI, keep that in mind. If what your making for a new member isn't enough to cover the expense of leads then you can look at it as an even longer term investment but this is riskier because not everybody you sign up will turn out to be a top performer but if they stay long enough and buy enough then eventually it will pay off anyways. It's all how you look at it and what it is that you want.

I hope this helps.
  14. Taycam

Taycam New Member

I agree with what's been said here about maybe not focusing so much on the product, but on you.

People will want to do business with you, so as has been stated before, I'd write about your product.

Articles, squidoo lenses and things like that - these will raise awareness about your product and also, perhaps more importantly, potential customers will find out about you.

I wish you the very best of success anyway.
  15. networkhype

networkhype New Member

I agree with Taycam. The more you write, the more organic traffic you'll drive to yourself. Get people to know, trust and like you. That's what's important to building a profitable organization.

Best wishes!
  16. AustinRick

AustinRick New Member

My wife and I work together and it seems that there is so much to do and learn that it works best for us if we building the same business.

When we worked in a previous MLM business, we found that if we went in too many different directions we just got scattered. That didn't help us as a couple, nor our team. It's not about building our business but helping other people build their business.
  17. kailo

kailo New Member

AustinRick is correct. It is best that you find people who are self-motivated as a leader. Then you just help them build their business as you make more money off their effort. Continue to show that you care and help them work on their goals for them to make money.