New to MLM, Is there any hope for success?

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by clawrence, May 5, 2009.

1. clawrence

clawrence New Member

I just recently joined a MLM and I'm afraid I'm doing everything wrong, because after a month of advertising and promoting, I haven't received one bite. I'm wondering if my marketing content needs work. I post to forums, I have my sites in all my signatures, everything is linked back to each other. I use social networks to promote. I even posted classifieds. What am I doing wrong? Or am I doing everything right and just not giving it enough time to permeate? Can anyone help? I'm getting real frustrated. I know it works, I know I can make money, I just don't know if I'm doing it right. Thanks.
  2. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

MLM will definitely earn money for you, but it is not immediate. It will requires some time to see the results.
  3. 2x2Prosperity

2x2Prosperity New Member

Are you building relationships? Especially with the use of social networks. People want to join you, not necessarily your business.
  4. schwartzcy

schwartzcy New Member

I have found it pretty frustrating personally. Especially finding places and people to get involved. I have been trying to use craigslist, but there are a bunch of jerks out there who flag my listings and just think that anything that you can do to work on the web is a scam. Don't they realize that we are just trying to make some money and make ends meet?

With so many people unemployed and so many people in debt, why not let a guy have a chance. pretty frustrating if you ask me.
  5. clawrence

clawrence New Member

2x2Prosperity: Are you building relationships? Especially with the use of social networks. People want to join you, not necessarily your business.
    Yes I am, I guess I'm just being impatient. Thanks!
  6. geniewinner

geniewinner New Member

I just started an MLM and looking forward to the results. I know it's going to take a lot of hard work and time, but I will succeed. It just takes patience.
  7. malibumentor

malibumentor New Member

clawrence: I just recently joined a MLM and I'm afraid I'm doing everything wrong, because after a month of advertising and promoting, I haven't received one bite. I'm wondering if my marketing content needs work. I post to forums, I have my sites in all my signatures, everything is linked back to each other. I use social networks to promote. I even posted classifieds. What am I doing wrong? Or am I doing everything right and just not giving it enough time to permeate? Can anyone help? I'm getting real frustrated. I know it works, I know I can make money, I just don't know if I'm doing it right. Thanks.
    Ok.

I'm gonna lay this out as accurately as possible.

Nobdody gives a rat's-behind about your fabulous MLM
    opportunity.

All they care about is "what's in it for me?"

They come looking for a way to make money.

No problem there. Finding people who would like to have
    some money is easy.

Where you are not doing it right is you are not PROVING
    to your prospects that the clearest path to getting what
    they want is by doing business with you.

###

Do people join people?

Yeah, sort of.

You can get some influence by making friends, building
    relationships.

But also you need to look at your OFFER critically. This
    is not easy to do since you've committed to something you
    like - and now you are in the position of asking other
    people to like it as much as you do.

Problem is... their criteria will not be the same as yours.

###

So the question is - how do you enroll people, right?

There are a few answers that work:

1. Prospect aggressively. Talk to many people and ask them
    to buy from you. This is a simplified and crude explanation
    of course - in a nutshell you need to have a thick hide
    because people will reject your offer for a host of
    reasons - most of them having little to do with you,
    personally, but rejection is still tough on most folks.

2. Get proficient at marketing so people want to sign-up
    under you so they can get your help.

3. There is no 3.
  8. 7FigureHelper

7FigureHelper New Member

If there is one thing that I've learned and continue to learn it starts with mindset.

If you see yourself as a real leader other will too. If you don't, others won't.

Think about the state of your mind when your are marketing. Do you feel down or that you are going to give this a shot?

Chances are you may not be fully convinced on your potential b/c once you are the leads will start to pour in effortlessly.
  9. Julsy

Julsy New Member

All I can say is, Don't give up! If you truly believe in what you are doing and are happy with the system, stick with it! Keep heeding all the advice that you are getting here, and keep learning as much as you can. Also, try and take on a new "project" each week. In other words learn some new way to market (there are 1000's) and try a new one at least once a week. Even if you feel that you don't quite know what your doing, it is better to jump in and learn as you go. Most people learn better by just trying anyway.

I would also ask you where your sponsor is? Talk with your sponsor who got you into your business and find out exactly what they are doing and do all the same things. If your sponsor isn't helping you, then go higher and see who their sponsor is. Someone is at the top and they can share exactly how they got there. And if need be, remind them that in an MLM, if you don't succeed, neither do they!

But most of all, I repeat, Don't give up!
  10. RICH4NURICHE

RICH4NURICHE New Member

I noticed that you wrote you marketed online but have you tried sharing as an introduction. What area or field is your mlm in? it is a fact that people who do shopping are more likely to purchase something when they actually touch the item or see it up close. physically experiencing something brings a persons senses more in tune to what you are presenting them. Give a sample or trial for them to test drive. hope this helps.
  11. clawrence

clawrence New Member

Thanks for all the great advice!

@geniewinner - I think you're right, it is going to take a lot of work, and I like your attitude, I think you're right, there's nothing but greatness ahead, right?

@malibumentor - well stated

@7figurehelper - I think that's my problem too. I need to switch my thinking.

@Julsy - great idea. I talk to my sponsor on a daily basis, and she is supportive of all my ideas. I'll start a new project tomorrow!

@Rich4nuriche - yes, I'm doing introductions, unfortunately, I don't have samples to give out, since its health and fitness. But I have some other options...

Thanks all.
  12. RICH4NURICHE

RICH4NURICHE New Member

Your welcome clawrence and if there's something else i can help you with let me know. I'm in the health area too.
  13. chappy49

chappy49 New Member

I have been involved on and off for several years , thing that always frustrated me was my upline tellling me to "do what they do" and you will be suceesful. Even when the industry has a 98% attrition rate. I did not buy it why do so many people come into industry only to fail and leave. The business model in my mind was not right. I am in sales and marketing and felt there had to be a better way. And I believe I have found it now. You have to remember that people get involved for many different reasons, most people dont like to sell , most people dont want to make a100 list or have meetings with family me mbers mlost people dont want to talk to people within a 3 ft radius about their opportunity. You need to find out what they want , in words of my mentor " when you go to a hardware to buy a drill , you dont really want a drill , you want a hole" Market youself as a solution to their wants , be the expert, dont sell opportunity sell solution
  14. mrslalas7

mrslalas7 New Member

Sure. All you have to do is stay focused, be consistent, stay in trainings weekly, listen to your sponsor/mentors for advice and stay motivated. This will bring success. It is doing it for me.
  15. chrisblanks

chrisblanks New Member

clawrence: I just recently joined a MLM and I'm afraid I'm doing everything wrong, because after a month of advertising and promoting, I haven't received one bite. I'm wondering if my marketing content needs work. I post to forums, I have my sites in all my signatures, everything is linked back to each other. I use social networks to promote. I even posted classifieds. What am I doing wrong? Or am I doing everything right and just not giving it enough time to permeate? Can anyone help? I'm getting real frustrated. I know it works, I know I can make money, I just don't know if I'm doing it right. Thanks.
    Get you an accountability person. Someone that you can send an email to or call daily and let them know what you did for your business on a daily basis. You will find that it will keep you motivated and help you to keep focused on what you need to do daily to build your business.
  16. emmajbarrett

emmajbarrett New Member

Dear Clawence

I have read all the above.
    STOP SELLING
    STOP SELLING
    STOP SELLING
    READ ANYTHING BY MIKE DILLARD.
    You need leads, lots of them, who WANT to talk to you. I have found a way to generate leads and never bother my friends and family again.
    I am not saying it is easy but it is possible.

And again PLEASE FIND MIKE DILLARD
    best of luck
    emma
  17. jaesun16

jaesun16 New Member

Hi, I am involved one of MLM site

I am still worried if I can not get as many downline as I expected and,

money problems!!

I have to have 10 downline to cover my initial deposit..

I think I have tried too many online business by now..

I will stick with NEOBUX only from now on..

Good luck to your business

Happy day~^^[​IMG]
  18. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Good thread going on here. The thing that stood out to me was the part about it only being after a month. The one thing I have learned in working from home is that it mirrors regular brick and mortar business in a few aspects. One of those aspects is advertising. Unless you have a product that everyone needs all the time like say gas at a gas station its going to take a bit of time for your advertising to work.

A way that regular businesses speed up their advertising is by giving away free samples. You can do the same with your business. My primary business is in travel so I give away samples of my travel to get visitors to my website. Many become interested and buy my product. You can find alot of items on the internet to give away as a way to get more customers. Some are free and others might have a cost involved. What really is important is the value they give to the customer.

Think of your business in terms of how a brick and mortar business would and adopt some of their strategies. This is the beauty of working from home. We can use the proven strategies and not have the higher investment of time and money. Good luck in your endeavors. My door is open if you need any more details.
  19. ddtops007

ddtops007 New Member

I have not even done much in the work at home job thing so i don't know much but all i have to say is that, patience and hard work does the job for you. You will be surprised on how far you will reach!

Jamie
  20. DigitalTravel

DigitalTravel New Member

Don't give up, it took me 15 years to find soemthing that worked, if that is of any comfort to you. What you need to do is simple. find a product that you enjoy and market it.

Marketing means - the simple use of commmon sense to atract the right customer to your product. Quote from Tijiani Musa. Marketing director.

I would do a little research to find where your customers surf, then engage them through multiple channels like theses

1. SEO
    2. PPC
    3. Local cheap classified
    4. Banner/Text ads
    5. Forums
    6. Article writing on the product
    7. Blogs
    8. Dedicated time every day min 1 hour to execute all of the above

And if you still not get any customers, then woah, maybe try another product