New trying to work from home can any help?!?

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by char0809, May 29, 2012.

1. kingsway

kingsway New Member

Hi Char,

Have you considered writing about your own life experiences? For example what it's like working from home with children? I remember looking at one website a while ago where a lady sells her book about being a single parent. She has made a business around the same subject of single parenting.

Just an idea but it shows us that we can take any life experience and make money from it by putting it into a book. People will pay for your experience and if you set up a website where people can download a book you can get paid even while you're asleep or on holiday!

Because there are so many opportunities out there try to make a short list of what you really want to do. When we have too many options it's so easy to get distracted, take your time and when the right thing comes along then take it a step further.

All the best...:)
  2. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Writing for your own site or blog may be another option. There are so many ways to monetize a site/blog. If the content is decent and updated regularly, traffic should come. ;)
  3. bluetexas

bluetexas Member

I'm turning my love of jerky into a supplemental income. If you find something your're passionate about it's so much easier to achieve your goals.
  4. whitney black

whitney black Member

Look into data entry, I've heard it's pretty simple and easy to do, if you can devote the time to it.
  5. liverbird

liverbird New Member

Although I understand (after being burned myself at one stage )I totally disagree as MLM is only successful if you do away with admin so that its totally team owned and the deeper the level the more money you earn. This way I can assure you you will not go wrong
  6. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Good question,

The age old question everyone has faced or will face when considering a home based onlin business. From my experience of decades in business, both traditional and online businesses, it all comes down to value. If you cannot promote a product or service of value to the masses, then you may be one of the many asses who chose the wrong company to promote, which I have done in the past.

Live and learn, and boy have I learned a lot over the decades in business. You can have the best products and services available, but unless they are sold at a value based price point, most will not succeed. What you need to research are the top quality products and services at the best prices. It doesn't hurt to seek out exclusive products as well as the best name brand products people are already purchasing elsewhere for more.

Starting with affiliate based companies is free to low cost option, also important when first starting out. You want to keep expenses in check during the start up phase of any business, then expand from there. We have all been through the friends and family strategies of starting a business, and for some it might work if you are promoting value and what people are already purchasing since this requires little sales experience. Simply moving a prospect over to your site is easy as 1-2-3 when prospects can see savings, even if the same price, most will respond to your caring and sharing strategy, not hard selling which everyone hates.

Merry Christmas and Happy Healthy Wealthy New Year to all,
  7. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Having done both affiliate marketing and network marketing or mlm... this is my conclusion.

Affiliate marketing takes a long time till you get to any decent money.

Anyone that tries to tell you different is lying. When I made my first .50 online I was ecstatic because I knew if I could make .50 in a month, I could make $500 a month and I way exceeded that at one point.

But you HAVE to learn about MARKETING, and the rules change every so often... I spent several years to learn the ropes about SEO, keyword research, article marketing, html and all that stuff and I did very well with it for a few years, then the game changed on the internet and my income went down the tube almost overnight - as did MANY others'. I had friends that lost thousands of dollars in income overnight.

I know it can be done, cuz I did it, but it will NOT happen overnight.

With network marketing, however, it takes some time and effort as well, but it is all dependent on your PERSONAL skills - once you develop those skills, you can succeed in ANY network marketing business. I have seen brand newbie people with no internet skills, or marketing skills make hundreds their very first months with mlm because they had RELATIONSHIP skills. People trusted them.

I agree tho that it takes some time and effort to build a network marketing team where you will get that residual income flow on a regular monthly basis - but it all depends on OURSELVES and not on someone like Google that can change the game plan whenever they decide to do so!

That's what I have learned in the past ten years anyways - and I don't have all the answers - just sharing a little tidbit for the newcomers sakes.... and hoping it helps someone.

I personally love being back in the mlm game as it's a lot of fun helping people with health and wealth. :)
  8. GairyAmeriplan

GairyAmeriplan New Member

Very great points. I could not have said it any better.

One suggestion for Char is to take a full day and truly focus on your personal skills. Hone in and choose one skill that you know you can develop to almost perfection. Then find a job that is relevant to that skill.
  9. JTGMarketing

JTGMarketing Member

I've heard of Elance.com. They're a pretty good site if you like to write. In fact, I'm looking into doing some work on there in the future (that is, once I get my profile setup the way I want it).
  10. Internet Guru

Internet Guru New Member

Hi Char0809,

It's definitely hard to work with toddlers in the house because you need to keep an eye on them.

Since you don't have any job experience, have you considered selling stuffs on ebay / amazon? Little experience is needed since there's no pitch sales needed, and no marketing is needed as well. People who go to these sites are normally looking for things to buy :) If your next question is "what to sell" - my answer would be, "sell your interests"

Whatever it is you're passionate about, that's your selling point. Bags, baby stuffs, jewelry etc... the things to sell in these sites are limitless! I also do have experience in selling stuffs online, so if you need some advice, you could contact me - will try my best to assist you!

Just wondering, where are you located by the way? So I can start thinking if I have any ideas on the more profitable markets for you to sell (since my previous job was a flight attendant, I flew to all parts of the world :)

Cheers and hope 2014 is a better year for you!
  11. Jamie Watson

Jamie Watson New Member

Tried working at home and my advice is do what you're passionate about and treat it like an office work. Even if you're at home, set specific work hours and get all the job done within that time. It's difficult, but not impossible.
  12. skadler

skadler New Member

Hello Char,

I believe in a sustainable home based business that can be started with a tiny budget. A worm business is an excellent way to create an income from home.
    If you are looking for an affordable way to generate extra income from your home or backyard than worm farming can be a great solution for you! Your worms will feed on your kitchen scraps and convert them into organic plant food that is marketable. Worms are consistently multiplying which means that you never have to buy in new stock. Worms are marketable to fishermen, gardeners, zoos, pet stores, garden centers and millions of environmentally conscious people.

Worms work 24/7 and don't want any pay in exchange :)

Environmentally friendly businesses are a good choice for the times to come!

I wish you all the success you deserve
    Just2EZ likes this.
  13. Ash_ash

Ash_ash New Member

I say know your skills. What are the things you could do and are passionate about? If you think you can serve them over the Internet, then the next thing you need to do is to look out for legitimate microjob sites. I suggest these sites you mentioned you have a toddler. I started my online career at Fourerr and so far, I am making both ends meet.

What people here mentioned are all great advises and we wish you all the luck! See you around!
    payment proof likes this.
  14. aron23

aron23 New Member

Im working on Freelancer.com, Odesk, Elance and People per hour..
  15. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I am going to show this to my son. Thanks! :)
  16. Aaliya Thunder

Aaliya Thunder New Member

I would suggest that you find something that you are good at and use it to generate income online.
    You can become a freelancer, but chances are slim that you will find any good jobs without previous work experience online.

I would suggest you start with FIVERR and build your online portfolio.
  17. eina26

eina26 New Member

Welcome Char! :) Well, you should start by looking for work on some outsourcing platforms like oDesk, Freelancer, etc. You could check out this list of online job sites if you want: https://www.staff.com/blog/list-of-us-job-posting-sites/

Most work at home jobs are flexible, you should try to work whenever your kids are asleep. Or if you have someone to watch over them, you should have a separate room that would serve as your office so that you wouldn't be exposed to too much distraction.
  18. eina26

eina26 New Member

I haven't noticed Char posted this 2 years ago. :D I'm sorry about that but I hope my post could still help someone who's on the same situation as Char.
  19. janny108

janny108 New Member

My husband and I both work but we could benefit from making some more money each month. Any suggestions? We'd like to do it from home and keep our other jobs at least for the time being! Thanks for any advice.
  20. Gee

Gee New Member

"Freelancing.com" is one of the most widely used. Having used it myself, I found it SO hard to keep up with all the
    requests and still have a life that I abandoned it. I'm NOW on medical leave from knee surgery and have another 4-6 months of inactivity.. Quite frankly, all I want is something simple, repetitive, and easy -anything a monkey can do as long as I can stay busy. Someone above mentioned "posting websites". What IS that? Any other ideas anyone?