newbie in desperate need for help

Discussion in 'Profit Lance' started by heavens girl, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

tidbits,

Hee, "tail wagging the dog". :)

I like that one. I hope you don't mind if I use it at some future point.

Good one :)

[​IMG]

~Newbie Shield~
  2. tidbits

tidbits New Member

I wish I could say that I coined the phrase, but I didn't.

Feel free to use it.[​IMG]

I'm glad I'm able to offer at least one morsel that someone can use.
  3. 040107

040107 Member

scottsharp,

That's great advice![​IMG]

However, there's one thing I want to point out. That is if you're
    going to use content that was on an expired domain, you'll have to
    be very careful about getting into copyright problems.

The same content may be used by the same domain owner on a
    different domain. There are services that monitor copyright
    infringement such as www.copyscape.com

And even if that content isn't currently being published, it does not
    mean you're clear to use it. So if you just previously published
    content, you'll need to change it significantly enough so the content
    will be unique.
  4. jadimon

jadimon New Member

tahtimbo: Heavens Girl: If you do decide to learn HTML, I have a link for a very good, step-by-step tutorial at the bottom of my comments. Learning html, even the basics, can help spice up your web pages. I use it in Blogger, and it has really helped me. I plan to dive into PL at the end of May, so let me know how you're doing. Also, if I can help with Blogger (I use the classic template) or Adsense, Let me know. I have only been doing Blogger for a month, but if I can help, I will.
    Good Luck.
    Tahtimbo, Heavens Girl? Yes, let us both know how your doing. I know how to accomplish all of the questions I see here on this forum and haven't turned a profit in over 6 months of studying Profit Lance. Check out my 6 month challenge thread and feel free to have me walk you through any PL questions you may have......and by the way Heavens Girl; Please, Please spell out words correctly in this forum instead of using text abbreviations. Our children are learning from us how to spell.
  5. lablonde

lablonde New Member

Does anyone know a step by step process for creating hoplinks using the Clickbank PL system? I am very new and very confused. I have registered to use Clickbank and now I am supposed to create a hoplink. I have tried for several days to figure this out and no luck.
  6. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hi lablonde,

It isn't too hard to create a hoplink with Clickbank.

Have you signed up to Clickbank? Just login with your ID and password. There's a little link at the top of the page that says "Marketplace." Click on that.

Use the search tool there to find products you want to promote. You will see little links below each listing that say "view pitch page" and "create hoplink."

Take a look at the pitch page (sales page) to see if it is something you feel like promoting. If it is, click on the "create hoplink" link. A new little window will open up. It will ask for your Clickbank Nickname. That is your ID. You can create tracking as well but just skip that for now until you get this part figured out. [​IMG]

After you put in your ID click on the "create" button.
    You will be given two types of links - the first one is the basic url that has your affiliate link in it. The second one has some additional html to create a clickable link that says "Click Here!" You can change those words to whatever you want the link to say.

I hope that helps you make some progress.

Blessings,
    Angie
  7. lablonde

lablonde New Member

Thanks Angie. But when it says to "cut and paste the following hoplink into your web site" --how do you do that? What web site? Still confused. Sorry. I am determined but very unclear about the "mechanics" of this suff.

lablonde
  8. happywife

happywife Gold Member

lablonde: But when it says to "cut and paste the following hoplink into your web site" --how do you do that? What web site?
    To 'cut' or 'copy' something, you put your cursor at the front of the text and hold down the left button of your mouse as you drag the cursor across the text you want to cut or paste. Once you have that text highlighted, you can let go of the button.

For cut - hold down the control (ctrl) button and the letter x (control + x)
    For copy - control + c
    For paste - control + p

It would be a good idea to open a document in Word or notepad or something and save each of your hoplink codes there by pasting them along with a description of what the code refers to. This way as you need to use it, you won't have to go back into clickbank and get it over and over again.

If you don't have a website, how do you plan to advertise these products you want to promote? If you are placing free ads, you can just paste the hoplink code at the end of writing the ad or in the url space provided depending on what you are doing.

If you do have a website, you just include the link wherever you want it on the page where you are recommending the product you are promoting.

If this is all still over your head, perhaps you should go back and start at the beginning again. You are missing some fundamental basics. You won't get very far if you race ahead of yourself before you understand the basics.

Don't feel bad. EVERYONE had to start at the beginning sometime.

There are some free books available that you can refer to. I would especially recommend you read the free affiliate marketing course. It will give you a better understanding of the fundamentals.

All the best,
    Angie
  9. lablonde

lablonde New Member

Thanks for trying to help. I have created tons of flyers, designed brochures, power point presentations, written and published books, formed a non profit organization, written grants and rec'd funds, etc. but this is equivalent to driving the car, changing the oil and a flat tire. I am not the mechanic. Since we formed the non-profit I had someone else design and manage the website. It doesn't exist anymore. I didn't create the web site.

The PL came with web sites that I thought were ready to use. I don't know how to go into the websites, however, and add anything. I just don't have the first idea how to work on a website or add things to it. I cut and paste constantly for flyers, brochures, books, etc. but that is not "on a web site." Nowhere did I find anything in PL about creating a website or how to open one of the websites to place things on it . So I am left in complete darkness and have no where to turn. I don't have anyone here that has that kind of working website knowledge. What do I do? Again, how do I open the web site, if that is the correct term, so that I can add hoplinks or whatever to it? I am not familiar with html (obviously) and I just need the basic step by step procedures outlined in clear concise detail so I can proceed. I understand what PL is about. I just need a chance to understand how to add all that "stuff" to a website. There was absolutely no mention of needing to know how to work on a website in the PL material. Is there a free, step by step, for infant beginners, site on the web that will explain clearly how to do this or can you or someone else help me, mentor me or whatever to get me up to speed? I am really wanting to utilize this affiliate marketing to make money. I think I can since researching niches and all that seems right up my alley. Again, it is getting links onto existing websites that has me completely thrown. I stare at the web site and can't do anything with it. Do you have to somehow open the website with another program or I am just too dense to be helped?

I apologize for being illiterate when it comes to what I call the "mechanics" of web site design and adding tools to an existing site. Please have mercy and help me if you can.

Thanks

La Blonde

Frustrated
    LaBlonde
  10. scottsharp

scottsharp New Member

lablonde: The PL came with web sites that I thought were ready to use. I don't know how to go into the websites, however, and add anything. I just don't have the first idea how to work on a website or add things to it.
    Hey Lablonde it's Scott again, I feel bad, cause I kind of ditched this thread for awhile after my initial post and I happened onto it again and read through and see your having some teckie issues??

Sometimes when we start out doing this stuff, with all the info you try to obtain we want to make more out of our newly aquired and sometimes overwhelming knowledge than we need to. So let me try to make this as simply stated as possible.

A "hoplink" is basically your personal referral "ID" that clickbank assigns to you so they can track the clicks you receive for whatever product you decide to sell or market for someone else.

For instance, you go into clickbank and find an ebook, it tickles your fancy, you feel as though it interests you, so you would like to write a blog about this subject, and offer this ebook to whomever may be reading your blog. Now here is where your confusion is beginning. PL is saying website, but it doesn't necessarily have to be a website persay, it can be a blog, as stated, or an ezine you have written or >>>re-written
  11. scottsharp

scottsharp New Member

lablonde: I don't have anyone here that has that kind of working website knowledge. What do I do? Again, how do I open the web site, if that is the correct term, so that I can add hoplinks or whatever to it? I am not familiar with html (obviously) and I just need the basic step by step procedures outlined in clear concise detail so I can proceed.
    One more thing before I go
    1st) Building, maintaining and editing your own website is not "necessary" to make money online, it may be something that you will want to take up later on down the road but right now may not be the time to do this for you.
    2nd To do the above ie build a website, you only require a very basic understanding of HTML. There are many programs available that are WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) in that they write html in the background for you!! Good stuff. Did you know that you can actually build a website with Microsoft "Word?" yep, and it does a pretty decent job. Although you might have to get familiar with a little ftp protocol, but most webhosting sites have step by step instructions for this.
    There is always a way, you just need the places to find them [​IMG].
  12. 040107

040107 Member

You don't have to learn HTML to build websites. You could eventually
    learn some basics but while you're learning, you could cheat by using
    a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor.

If you ever use a word editor, this should be almost 2nd nature. It's
    pretty much the same...type, format (bold, underline, italicize, etc.),
    tables, insert pictures, etc. All the HTML coding is done behind the
    scenes without human intervention.

Anyway, a great (and FREE) WYSIWYG editor is NVU.[​IMG]

http://www.nvu.com
  13. happywife

happywife Gold Member

lablonde: I apologize for being illiterate when it comes to what I call the "mechanics" of web site design and adding tools to an existing site. Please have mercy and help me if you can.
    No need to apologize. I was completely bewildered myself when I started. I couldn't understand half of what people were talking about when I tried to find my way.

The general concept of marketing I got, it was the technical 'how-to' bits that baffled me. It was rather terrifying, actually.

I don't have PL, but it's my understanding that they don't really teach site building. Perhaps that's what you need.

I use SBI (SiteBuildIt) to build my sites. They have just what you are asking for - a simple easy to follow step by step site builder that takes you by the hand through the whole process. I wouldn't have survived otherwise. I didn't have anyone to show me the ropes either.

"Another program" probably isn't what you want to hear, but it is probably what you really need if you want to make heads or tails of building a successful web business.

All the best.
    Angie
  14. lablonde

lablonde New Member

Thanks Angie. I was looking at that SBI site last night. I agree. I think it would be worth the investment. I am determined to get the "mechanics" of this so that the cash flow will definitely flow in my direction. I am cash poor at the moment so i will have to determine if i can engage my brain to understand the techie teminology without it. I wish there was a free download for newbies from SBI. Thanks again. I will keep trying.

Sheryl
  15. Hemjoe

Hemjoe New Member

okay, the affiliate websites given to you by profit lance are pre made for users, you cant edit these at all, thats why you might be having trouble [​IMG]

However at an early stage looking at creating a website might not be a great idea, Try and learn one thing at a time and at the moment you need to learn the concepts and techniques of making money online. Sure once you feel you have grasped then building a website is the next step.

I felt practising by creating a blog at www.blogger.com was a great place for me to start it is very easy, there are tutorials and you are able to practice the techniques taught in the profit lance course.
  16. lablonde

lablonde New Member

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my sob story. If you can't edit them, then what are they to be used for and how do you use them?
    What is the first thing I need to do? If I can't put the hoplinks onto those web sites, where do I put them and how do I do it? If you can put something in this order. Step 1. Do this. Step 2 Then do this. Step 3. Do this last. That might help. My brain is not absorbing this stuff the way it should. If you don't have a web site, how can you use adsense and all those other promotional tools?

Lablonde
  17. Hemjoe

Hemjoe New Member

Don't feel disheartened i was once in your shoes and i am sure everyone else was as well because we aren't born knowing this stuff [​IMG]

Step 1. personally, from my own experience you need to forget about the websites provided by profit lance. Some people have used them and made money from them but the never really helped me so i moved away and started my own thing and i feel that is the best way forward and the way you are going to learn quickest

Step 2. Think of something you enjoy, a hobby maybe, an interest or something you know a lot about and do some research into this area , you can find information on keyword research etc from the profit lance course.

Step 3. Once you have decided what niche you want to base a site on set up a blogger account at www.blogger.com, its free and easy to do just follow the instructions.

Step 4. It is this blog where you will make your money from and implement the money making techniques. Post content to this blog everyday based around you niche, for example if my niche was learning golf, i may talk about golf improving your golf swing or how to putt or something along those lines. Scatter the content with you r keywords you have researched which seem profitable again information about that is in the profit lance course.

Step 5. As soon as you have set up your blog and started adding content to it, start trying to generate traffic, submit your blog to google, yahoo, directories, participate in forum (based around your niche) with your blog link in signature, write and submit articles, classified ads, press releases the list goes on. This is on going you should do some of this everyday if possible.

WARNING: for now i would stay away from PPC like adwords money can be lost easily if you dont know what you are doing so leave that for now.

Step 6. After about a week or so once there is plenty of content on your blog start to monetize it by adding adsense and affiliate links. Blogger makes it easy for you to add adsense and members of this forum have already explained how to create a hoplink from clickbank. An example of a click bank product would be a guide teaching people how to improve their swing. You would create a hoplink to this guide and any sales made through your link you would be credited with.

Okay, obviously there are many variations tom the method i have explained above, some like to monetize their blog straight away.

Everything i have explained above is free so there is little risk, so mistakes can be made with little consequences.

I hope this helps, once you understand how things work and you have played around with different techniques etc then you can start to think about how to build a website.
  18. lablonde

lablonde New Member

Thanks Hemjoe. I will do just that and see what I come up with. I really appreciate you taking the time to reply to my wining. I will let you know how things go.

Lablonde
  19. happywife

happywife Gold Member

lablonde: I wish there was a free download for newbies from SBI.

I just sent you some. Check your messages. [​IMG]
  20. scottsharp

scottsharp New Member

Hey Lablonde how is everything going? I see you haven't posted in a few days and would like to know how you are progressing with your ventures??