Newbie needs help

Discussion in 'Profit Lance' started by jerseygirl, Sep 25, 2008.

1. jerseygirl

jerseygirl New Member

Hey guys,
    How ya doin' I'm new to PL and I've been reading thru all the material and I would like to start out with the Affiliate Mktg and learn how to generate traffic using the websites PL provides....but I seem to be missing that piece of the puzzle that will put it together in my head for me. Kinda like the missing link. When we choose a product I don't understand what we do and where do we put a hoplink...like I said i am a newbie and if I could just understand how to start this I will be willing to learn more and grow...PL provides websites...do we put the hoplink there??? very confused by this..i emailed PL and still no response to my question!!! Help!
  2. pcwork

pcwork New Member

For traffic, you can post an ad at craigslist
  3. happywife

happywife Gold Member

From what I understand, most people pretty much ignore the websites that PL provides other than to use them as a general pattern as to what type of thing you can do. I've never heard of one person in this forum who had any success actually using those websites.

The problem is that everyone who joins PL gets those same websites. That makes them pretty much invisible to the search engines because they are all duplicates.

To make a success of affiliate marketing, you need to build your own website based on content that you have written relating to a particular topic. You can look at my chocolate site as an example.

That site is pretty much all based on affiliate marketing. I chose chocolate candy as my niche topic and then I began building content pages around keywords and phrases that people commonly search for. I joined affiliate companies that sell related items and recommend them on the site.

That's probably the best way to go about building long term success in affiliate marketing. You'll have a business that grows and grows over the years. [​IMG]

Blessings,
    Angie
  4. Hemjoe

Hemjoe New Member

Happywife has summed it up pretty much, forget the websites PL provides, i have tried and never had any success plus you cant change anything on them so you are unable to add content so there is little you can do to develop them.

I suggest starting with a blog profit lance talks about this so i wont ramble on but this is a great free way to start [​IMG]

The hoplink is your unique link that identifies you as the sender of traffic. When setting up a blog you can link text using the hoplink, so when some visits your blog and clicks that link they are sent through to the vendor via your hoplink and any sales are credited to you. Its very hard to put into words but i tried lol.
  5. Sonni

Sonni New Member

Here I go again. I believe you can benefit from the 30 Day Challenge It will teach you what you need to know and it's FREE! And it's FUN too. Just google 30 Day Challenge and you will find out for yourself. After you finish their program you will have a good understanding of Internet Marketing and using affiliate programs. Many of the guru programs that you pay a lot of money for are NOT as good as what you get free at the 30DC. Check it out and see.
    Sonni
  6. boloho

boloho New Member

Hemjoe: I suggest starting with a blog profit lance talks about this so i wont ramble on but this is a great free way to start

Hi I have a question re blogs. I have a couple of blogs going and have been trying to ping with ping-o-matic as Mike advises in the course.

However, I always seem to get a time out error and when I try again it tells me I am pinging too fast but my pings are already sent! So I am not sure if anything is actually being sent through. Does anyone else come across this or can you recommend any other pinging sites I could try?

Appreciate any help anyone can give.

Many thanks - Lois
  7. Sonni

Sonni New Member

This happens to me also and I'm sure lots of others. If you have a wordpress blog usually it pings automatically if it's set up to do so. If you have Blogger I'm not sure what you would do. Try googling ping sites or something similar and see what you get?
    Sonni
  8. Hemjoe

Hemjoe New Member

Yeh this has happened to me before, i just tend to pop back the nest day or even a couple of hours later and it tends to work. Technology....pfffft lol.

Sonni is right however if you have blogs with wordress pinging is not needed as wordpress does this for you.
  9. Liquification

Liquification New Member

I had the same problem and did some research and found other sites to do my pinging for me. give them a try
    Pingler and Ping In.

Hope these help.
  10. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Hi Jerseygirl,

You can build a free Weebly site and blog to get you started.
    Google Weebly tutorial, and watch a video.
    If you need help, PM me anytime,
    Victoria
  11. DanielCajiga

DanielCajiga New Member