Newbie needs help

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by sgkul25, Jan 23, 2009.

1. sgkul25

sgkul25 New Member

I have my own domain name registered through blogger. Now I want it to look more like a website and not like a blogger blog. What do I need to do? thanks in advance.
  2. kendosh

kendosh New Member

3. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

You could try using a different template to change the look. Otherwise, you will probably have to start over from scratch with a template and an HTML editor.
  4. sgkul25

sgkul25 New Member

can u suggest a good html editor, easy for a newbie to use?
  5. Homeboy

Homeboy New Member

Seriously, just switch to wordpress, you have more control and there are millions of free templates to choose from.

(Can't tell you how many Blogger blogs I've been to that have been shut down because they didn't like the owner's content.)
  6. sgkul25

sgkul25 New Member

since I purchased my domain name from blogger, I am getting free hosting from them. Is it possible to switch to wordpress?
  7. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

sgkul25: can u suggest a good html editor, easy for a newbie to use?

Free html editor:

It is very simple to use. The interface is like MS Word.
  8. Sonni

Sonni New Member

I also have a Blogger blog that I most likely will transport to WP I'm not sure how to do it as yet. When I get ready I will go to Youtube and see if there is a tutorial I can follow or google it. If you own the domain there should be no reason to not be able to transfer.
  9. bestbusiness

bestbusiness New Member

I agree with Homeboy above - switch your blog to wordpress and host it yourself. A good hosting service that will help you install wordpress very easily and cheaply is (not an affiliate link). Excellent hosting service that allows unlimited domain names hosting for a very low fee.