Newbie Topic...Need help with building Opt-In Email List

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by lordganesha, Oct 4, 2007.

1. lordganesha

lordganesha New Member

Hello All,

I need advice on how to get started on building Email List, that can be used to contact subscribers. I understand that this is probably one of the most important things to building a successful network. I wanted to get advices from anyone who can give a ground up starting point.

Many thanks in advance.
  2. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

The best way to start an opt in list is to give something away for free - like an ebook or something that will provide some kind of value - that way, there is an incentive to sign up. Also I recommned using Aweber as your autoresponder service. It does cost $20 a month, but I don't recommend using free autoresponders because they usually result in ads popping up all over the place, which can detract away from your links.
  3. LuckyRon

LuckyRon New Member

Verretek is a great way to build an email list. It takes a while to figure out how to use it but it does come with teletraining sessions. There is a free membership and an upgraded version for a fee. They do give you great tools including landing pages with free givaways. As I remember there were several free offers to help you build your opt in email list as well as autoresponers.
    I didn't use it much because I am kinda anti-spam and I felt that Verretek was a giant spam factory. If I did want to get into spamming and list building I would definitly go back to Verretek.
  4. lordganesha

lordganesha New Member

Thanks for your responds, I will check them out. [​IMG]
  5. sportsnut

sportsnut New Member

Good post this is a great question that i did research on for a while. there are many ways to generate opt in leads out there you should get alot of posts and i will share what i use.
    i use the Funtime leads program and i joined as a super elite. they give me 40,000 single click leads plus every month as part of the program and an auto responder which sends out 10,000 emails everyday for me to the landing page of my choice . so no matter what business you are in you can use your landing page. and they see the movie of my choice. this system creats 5 to 15 triple click through movie leads for me everyday that i dont have to pay for. funtime does not use an outside source to do this they own the servers, lead bank, autoresponders, and email blasters. i have met alot of people from alot of businesses that are using this system and everyone is real happy. funtime is a business that provides other businesses with lots of tools to build whatever business your in .they also provide training calls 6 times a week and they have a hotline to call if there is a problem or you need information. heres the best part will this program Funtime gives you travel gifts FREE to give away and they pay you what is called activation residual income each month for giving there product away. in a few weeks they have a new back office program comming out that is the best i have ever seen. since i have been using this program i have brought people on my team to it and now its free for me. you can find funtime on this forum they are getting so big they have there own forum
    i hope this is some good info
  6. LuckyRon

LuckyRon New Member

lordganesha,

I must appologize. I got the spelling wrong. It is "Veretekk" with 2 Ks not 2 Rs.

It really is a great mass email tool. There are a lot of tools for building an opt in email list. The training is important so get on the calls they offer.

When I was checking it out they had a free silver edition and gold edition for a fee but there was so much you could do with it free. I remeber one of the landing pages they give you had free weekend hotel accomadations as an opt in inticement and an ebook as another.

Again if I were into spam I would definitely consider Veretekk
  7. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Hello all. I have a question for you all. Ive been in Coastal Vacations for over 2 1/2 years now and done very well. The method of marketing has primarily been buying leads and calling them. Now as im pretty good on the phone that has worked great for me. But recently ive begun to branch out on the internet and market that way. Ive had pretty good results as ive used the forums to post content and it gets people to contact me at which time I can do my magic. My goal though is to create a constant stream of traffic now to some of my free programs. Now many of you are amazing at getting traffic. Ive started looking at the traffic exchanges and the like but there are so many and I find myself locked into a never ending string of joining this and joining that. My email box is going wild with this offer and that offer and I need an assistant just to get through it all.

Im trying to find a few good places to promote in traffic exchanges. If anyone knows any id love to check them out. I know that information is not free so im willing to barter my services for the info as well. I have unlimited cruises ( you pay basically just the port charges and taxes) as well as unlimited 3 day 2 night vacations ( you pay basically the room taxes) to give away for programs that you are using. Of course if you can show some hit results that would be appreciated.

What I love about this forum is the fact so many are willing to share and network. I thank you all in advance for your advise.

Adam Frederick
    Coastal Level III Director
    Growing Internet Marketer
  8. Patriot

Patriot New Member

This is a great question, Try using a "Splash" page how ever you develop traffic, send that traffic to a splash page first. The splash page will just be a brief intro to yourself or your biz. You then offer a free newsletter or some type of giveaway.
    A real good method is to write up a short e-mail lesson that will describe your product or service. When the person signs up it will direct the e-mail to your auto responder and then redirect the person to your website.
    These are used effectively in traffic exchanges, as your actual website might not fit in the frame, and most people who use the exchange won't scroll down on your page. By using a small splash page they will see all your info. If they are interested will join your list.
    You should use a few different splash pages, like use a different one at a couple of traffic exchanges. This is important, as you can do what is called A/B testing. What you do is use two totally different splash pages with different offers. It will tell you which type of advertising method is working. The benefit being you will be able to determine which one works, and not waste time promoting what don't.
    Using the best methods will increase your list as well as increase the quality of the list.
    As far as getting your inbox full of offers, just create a "Trash" box by setting up a separate e-mail account for your Traffic exchanges. This way your primary e-mail stays clean.

And a side note a good way to determine which offer is working, you need to use two auto responders, one for each splash page. It is a quick way to track each of the splash pages results.
  9. dmitch31

dmitch31 New Member

sportsnut: i use the Funtime leads program and i joined as a super elite. they give me 40,000 single click leads plus every month as part of the program and an auto responder which sends out 10,000 emails everyday for me to the landing page of my choice . so no matter what business you are in you can use your landing page.
    Sportsnut. How much does the funtime leads program cost?
  10. dmitch31

dmitch31 New Member

lordganesha: I need advice on how to get started on building Email List,
    LordGanesha

A couple of other services you might look at is getresponse.com and emailaces.com. I believe getresponse.com has a free option. emailaces.com has a really cheap introductory offer.
  11. TomBock70

TomBock70 New Member

The best way is to give away something for free in exchange for their email address. Many marketers give away a free report or ebook. Focus of solving their problem & list the benefits of the item you're giving away. It's also important when building an opt-in list to tell them up front they will be receiving emails from you.
  12. mbasa

mbasa Member

lordganesha: Hello All,

I need advice on how to get started on building Email List, that can be used to contact subscribers. I understand that this is probably one of the most important things to building a successful network. I wanted to get advices from anyone who can give a ground up starting point.

Many thanks in advance.
    Make sure your capture page is very brief; the opt-in form must be the main feature.
  13. kmer723

kmer723 New Member

That is extremely good advise! [​IMG]. I have another question, about the different directories to join to lead traffic back to your website...There are thousands of directories to join, some good, some bad, and of course, some ugly.
    It is another good idea to change the landing page you submit to different directories, to see which one brings in the most traffic, or is this unnecessary?
    Quote: "You should use a few different splash pages, like use a different one at a couple of traffic exchanges. This is important, as you can do what is called A/B testing."