Newbie unsuccessfully searching work no-phone job

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by makisov, Oct 14, 2010.

1. makisov New Member

Hi everyone,

I have been looking for part time work I can do from home while I complete my M.S. degree. It hasn't been going well for the past 3 months.

I began to apply with Arise until I did a little research and found out there is a start-up cost, with no guarantee of work/satisfaction with job. They sound like a great company, but I can't afford to pay to work right now.

I was wondering if any of you knew or were employed by companies that offer no-phone customer service jobs? I heard Cloud 10 is pretty good, but I would need a landline phone and since I am renting a room, I do not have one.

I do have high speed internet access and customer service experience, I just need a little help finding a good company.

Anything would be great, thanks for reading this.
  2. Matt Zenittini Silver Member

makisov: I was wondering if any of you knew or were employed by companies that offer no-phone customer service jobs? I heard Cloud 10 is pretty good, but I would need a landline phone and since I am renting a room, I do not have one.

I do have high speed internet access and customer service experience, I just need a little help finding a good company.
    Have you considered getting a VOIP service like Vonage?
  3. talfighel Silver Member

If you have to pay for a JOB then it is really not a job opportunity. More like a work at home opportunity.

Tal
  4. makisov New Member

Matt, I never thought of Vonage.

Talfighel, I know what you mean. Arise recruits people to be independent contractors, and a lot of people say the pay is good I just can't afford to take that risk at the moment.
  5. FreeCashMan Active Member

6. Matt Zenittini Silver Member

7. onedumbaussie New Member

Mate try some freelance work,
    I have jsut started doing some free lance writing and its great.

Not huge dollars yet, but the extra helps.

There is a post about freelancing on my blog the address is below in the signature.

seriously consider this, it is real work with real payments, i was very sceptical and took a 2 months to get involved.

Glad I did.

Also www.fiverr.com is good fun too. If you can come up with a Unique idea it will pay.

All these are FREE to join and use.

Good Luck

One Dumb Aussie
  8. mountainmom5 Gold Member

And there is also odesk.com - I have heard it is a good way to earn some extra money.
  9. makisov New Member

onedumbaussie
    WOW I had no idea there were sites like that. I'll definitely check it out, thanks!
  10. lilwallace92 New Member

Put up a website or a blog and sign up for google adsense. Make money writing about something you are passionate about. [IMG]
  11. gr8team New Member

Hey Makisov,

Why not try the ebay classifieds dot com. I found positions like "Lead Generator", "Online Marketing Postion", "Writer" just explore. Do not limit to a ZIP code, as these jobs could be done remotely as in your requirement.

Sign up to skype, get a used headset with mic and skype compatibility, should be able to find at craig's list for a few bucks.