NHE Certification

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by Kritter, May 27, 2009.

1. Paul DArcy

Paul DArcy New Member

Yes, I saw that opportunity as well.
    Intriguing.

I wonder how much freedom you would actually have? There must be a review process after your article has been submitted, wouldn't you think?

Still, the compensation package is fair; even gracious compared to most any other freelance writing opportunity.

They have my attention...

[​IMG]
  2. ChristinaM

ChristinaM New Member

I'm not certain but I think they will have certain sections for exercise program development, nutritional sections that are conditionally prescribed and more specific programs from which trainers can prescribe to their clients.
  3. splintercell

splintercell New Member

Paul DArcy

I think you have a lot of freedom, in terms of submitting accurate material. There is a down loadable manual that basically outlines the do and don'ts. When I spoke to Mr. Caldwell yesterday he made it pretty clear that the work will be reviewed and said that the review process takes about three days. Once the work is approved, it goes on that particular pay periods log. You get paid bi-weekly.
  4. ChristinaM

ChristinaM New Member

As I understand it, you are not responsible for creating materials if you are not interested in that aspect of writing. You can simply be a researcher. It will basically be like getting paid to do your college papers!
  5. splintercell

splintercell New Member

That's what I'm going to do. I figure I can complete a project a week. I plan on spending a couple of hours in my backyard, with my iPad, and just work in the sun. It will be great supplemental work and it will help keep me abreast with my exercise science. [​IMG]
  6. ChristinaM

ChristinaM New Member

That's a great idea!
  7. ChristinaM

ChristinaM New Member

splintercell

Is the recruitment process the same? I have an older NHE certification but I was wondering if you have to take a newer version for the NHE study guide content writer job?
  8. JLV30

JLV30 New Member

I was interested in the NHE content writer position and was wondering about the time commitment. I have a four year old and I also have a relatively busy nutritional consulting business that I do from home. I've done a lot of research on NHE on Google and met some people who work for them and some people who couldn't pass the master exam. All in all the feedback has been consistently encouraging. From what many people are saying, they are the place to work if you are an accomplished health professional looking for part time opportunities. I have read this thread and I didn't see anyone who is a content writer so I don't know if anyone he knows the answer to my question, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.
  9. AshleySullivan

AshleySullivan New Member

Make sure you do well on your exam, on the first attempt. They frown on repeat takers.

Did they offer you the job?
  10. JLV30

JLV30 New Member

I applied for the NHE Content Writer and the NHE Sales Representative positions. I was really interested in the regional manager position but they are no longer accepting resumes. I need to find something other than personal training. I don't want to train anymore. I have nothing against it, I'm just ready to move on. NHE is one of the few companies I'd consider working for. I've been offered manager positions at Bally's and at a company that manufactures corporate fitness equipment, but I'm not sure about those positions for the long term.
  11. ChristinaM

ChristinaM New Member

I think NHE has the smartest exams. When you take it, you'll know what I mean. You'll actually feel your educational dollars going to work.

The programs are developed for serious professionals and not fly-by-nighters
  12. splintercell

splintercell New Member

I take my work very seriously and wouldn't waste my time with them if I thought otherwise. The idea I can really help future trainers, by having them read my work is an honor.
  13. Gym6010

Gym6010 New Member

I spoke to an NHE sales rep yesterday and she wanted me to become an affiliate for them. It was the first time I had ever heard of them and so we did some background checking and there were no red flags regarding their FCA program. The few gyms I could find thet participated were able to confirm what the brochure read. I was actually impressed with some of the stuff I was able to find. It's a free program and so I think we'll sign up. I'm mostly interested in certifying my trainers as nutritionist and I'm also interested in their CPR program.

I appreciate this site. I read all of your posts and I found them very helpful.
  14. Gym6010

Gym6010 New Member

So far the program is working out well for us. They've allowed us to sign up all of our trainers at each of our three clubs. For what it's worth, I recommend it. It a very cost effective way of getting your trainers re-certified and re-evaluated.

I'll report back in a couple of months to provide an update, for any interested.
  15. splintercell

splintercell New Member

I accepted the position but only part time and it's probationary. [​IMG]

I've never content written before so they want to first see what I can do. I have a year to polish my talents and then a new agreement can be negotiated at the end of my present term. I'm looking forward to getting started and learning this process.
  16. ChristinaM

ChristinaM New Member

I've been researching the content writer position since the conversation started and everybody seems to like it and I haven't been able to find any complaints or problems. I've submitted a career profile and I'll wait and see. [​IMG]
  17. splintercell

splintercell New Member

Yeah, it's going to be fun. The tutorial really helped and now I feel like I have a much better undrestanding of what it is they expect me to do. It's easier than I thought. Along your mentioning of complains relating to the position, I think it's pretty simple. Whether or not the job is 'real' or not is something I don't get? But here is how you can tell if the job is "real". There's an NHE content writer agreement that both parties must sign. If you have this agreement, the job is real and legally binding. The agreement is a legal contract and it puts the writer in complete control, legally. There is no disputing if you will get paid a certain fee or when you will get paid or anything else you have been told. The agreement is indisputable proof the job is mine and not even NHE can deny it. For me, it's what makes everything they have told me real because it is all in black and white. But... on the other hand...if you do not have a signed agreement, to you, the job is "not real", and you may be compelled to rant online about how 'fake' the job is and how the exam is too hard and this other nonsense. The premise of the jobs not being "real" are based solely on the fact that those who don't get hired didn't take or pass the required exam, which is free.

Believe me, NHE is very serious about who they hire and who's services represent them. Their transparent recruitment process is very impressive and just shows their level of professionalism.
  18. neuskier22

neuskier22 New Member

Has anyone been able to get in touch with anyone at NHE? I have been trying to contact a real person for a while now but nobody ever returns my phone calls or replys to my emails. I was sent a content writer agreement pending my passing the certification. I passed and have since heard nothing. Can anyone help????
  19. splintercell

splintercell New Member

I'm on the phone with them almost daily! I'm a pain like that I guess. What is your name? I can help you.
  20. Ional

Ional New Member

If they wish to proceed, they will arrange a phone conference with you. I have one scheduled for April 25. So far, much of my concerns have been addressed and I'm interested in hearing more. I teach exercise science and hope to incorporate what I can.

This is a really helpful message board. If anyone has questions regarding the phone conference, I will be obliged to help in anyway, come Tuesday.

Bye!