No monthly fee on your websites

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by ateamfuntimer, Mar 1, 2008.

1. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

When you start your Coastal Business you usually talk to your director about what will your expenses be. They go over the cost of your package, your advertising cost as well as your monthly expense for your marketing system. Ive seen sites that have fees from $150 all the way down to $29 a month. Many have affiliate fees so you can recoup your cost by signing up others but many in Coastal Vacations retail the product and dont get as many business builders on their teams as they would like so they continue to have monthly fees.

My question is simple. If you could pay a one time fee for a website and have no more fees what would you pay? Imagine if there were different levels of the site (level one, premier and platinum website packages) some coming with extra video packages as well as business coaching , lead capture pages and various training material.

Would it be $125?

Or $200?

Or even $300?

Or are those prices way too low? Imagine having you personalized video story on the site. What about a third party edification video by an industry leader? Are any of these features making your mouth water? How about having an a/r where you can upload 2500 leads every day and run as many campaigns as you want. What if this a/r was less than $20 a month and you could track the links in your emails and see who opened and read your emails? What if part of this system gave you access to free leads (optins as well as surveyed) and paid options starting at $20 a month for 25 surveyed leads a day. Yes I said a day. Again what would you pay for such a system?

Id love to hear your feedback on what you would like in a system. The sky is the limit in Coastal Vacations in 2008. So lets make it great in 2008

Adam Frederick
    Internet Entrepreneur
    302 613 4632
  2. asebf

asebf New Member

what is an a/r?

Are you asking people what they would pay for services you are offering?
  3. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

My apologies to all. Many of us in this forum have been in the Coastal Business for a good time and use alot of lingo. A/R stands for auto-responder. An A/R is a tool we use to do some of our contact work as well as follow up with prospects. It isnt the most effective means of communication with people but it fills in some of the cracks. There are many good a/r's on the market and some that arent as great. I suggest using an a/r in conjunction with the calls that you make to prospects and primarily using it to follow up with those prospects.

I look forward to any feedback from those on the forum as to what they would be looking for in a system to run their Coastal Business. Ive personally used three different systems and been exposed to the back offices of many others in different Coastal groups. I have a good idea at want I think is needed but again would love the feedback.

Adam Frederick
    Internet Entrepreneur
    302 613 4632
  4. asebf

asebf New Member

Quoting: asebfAre you asking people what they would pay for services you are offering?
    I am confused - sorry - but thanks for clearing up the a/r thing.

Quoting: ateamfuntimerwhat they would be looking for in a system to run their Coastal Business.
    Is this question for existing Coastal People or for new people?
  5. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Quoting: ateamfuntimerI look forward to any feedback from those on the forum as to what they would be looking for in a system to run their Coastal Business.

Ok thats the entire quote for anyone reading to get the jist of where im going.

Now existing members of Coastal would have a leg up on answering this as they have been in some system before. But I dont rule out anyone not in Coastal as before I was in Coastal I had experience in many home based businesses so I had an idea of what I needed in a system to run any home based business.

So if you are an existing member of Coastal Vacations what would be the key components you would like in a system to run your business? If you are not in Coastal but have experience in other businesses your feedback is wanted as well.

I hope that straightens out any misunderstandings out there.

Also Bob if you are confused im only a PM away so I can clear up any questions that you might personally have.

As for the question as to what people are willing to pay for these services let me expand on that as well. Many pay monthly fees ( most systems have something in place where after referring so many others your system is free ) but even at the lowest ive seen of about $50 a month thats $600 a year. Back when the CSG had the original CSG MAC the price was about $150 a month. Thats $1800 a year. This is not a knock on any of those programs as many have amazing features. In fact I love what they have shown me in the past so as I look for new innovative way to grow I think back to what ive seen in the past with these systems. So this question is presented to the forum. What do you think would be a good price for a one time fee of your website?

I know alot you have some great thoughts so all are welcome to respond.

Adam Frederick
    Internet Entrepreneur
    302 613 4632
  6. asebf

asebf New Member

Quoting: ateamfuntimerAlso Bob if you are confused im only a PM away so I can clear up any questions that you might personally have.
    If I do not understand - chances are there are others that do not as well - probably needs to be answered here.

Quoting: ateamfuntimerWhat do you think would be a good price for a one time fee of your website?
    Sorry - I do not get it again - just trying to help. You do sites for people - are you asking what people are willing to pay for a site? Isn't that kinda like asking what they would pay for a car? I'm guessing most would want to know what they get for the price??? Might help if you were more specific so people could get an idea of what you are asking???
  7. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

As Bob has been the only one to reply Im going to take it that at the present time he is the only one confused. If others are please step forward.

The focus of the post it to talk about a Coastal website that is a one time fee and no monthly recurring cost and to establish what would be needed on such a site as well as what do members think a fair price of what a website would cost.

Id love to hear feedback from the group and as always if you have specific questions that havent been addressed in the forum please feel free to contact me directly. From time to time with the delay in seeing a question there can be miscommunication. The best way to get it answered is to contact the source directly.

Adam Frederick
    Internet Entrepreneur and Mentor
    302 613 4632
  8. asebf

asebf New Member

Quoting: ateamfuntimerThe focus of the post it to talk about a Coastal website that is a one time fee and no monthly recurring cost and to establish what would be needed on such a site as well as what do members think a fair price of what a website would cost.
    Quoting: ateamfuntimerAs Bob has been the only one to reply Im going to take it that at the present time he is the only one confused. If others are please step forward. .

Hey - I am only trying to help - but I do not think people are confused - I really do not see any point of the topic. Those that are paying something for their site now - must see the value. I wonder how many really do not have a site now? I bet some are wondering who is going to do the maintenance for their site. - after the one time fee.

Who is your target market here? I think you would have better luck posting some examples (links) of the sites you are discussing, so people could see what you are asking them to price. Why not post some examples and ask people to tell you what they feel would be a fair price? That would make things much more clear.