Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by CarolinaConsign, Dec 18, 2007.

1. CarolinaConsign

CarolinaConsign New Member

Many folks on this forum have been thoroughly entertained with the soap opera version of posts lately. [​IMG]

We should use this forum to educate not alienate people. There is so much going on in Coastal right now; it can be a bit overwhelming to someone researching this opportunity.

Theodore Roosevelt said, "Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care." This is where the focus of your attention should be.

This forum represents a very small percentage; probably not even a 1/8%, of the Coastal membership. Yet this forum is in the top 20 on most search engines, way to go Vishal![​IMG] So knowing that, let's use it as a tool to educate, not a torch to burn.

Wouldn't it be great to see topics like?

??? What is contact talk and how does it work?

??? Let's break down the package!

??? How to present the Coastal Package as a travel/marketing incentive to businesses.

??? Local business building and shoe string marketing.

??? How can I duplicate success?

??? What about web 2.0

There are tons more. Is this information available else where? Well yes it is, but isn't it easier to hear about it from someone using it or doing it. Let's not argue about mine is bigger, faster, better looking, walks on water, etc.

Some of y'all need to air your dirty laundry elsewhere. Pm each other, or email each other, just stop with the continued attacks on each others businesses and the he said, she said crap. It is not character enhancing or even slightly professional.

Let's post success skills & marketing [​IMG] PM me your negative crap[​IMG]

Brian Provost
  2. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Hey Brian,

Many of the subjects you've mentioned have already been discussed.

Here's where the issues come in. Many of the systems out there have a hidden agenda to to earn the owners or their partners income. So, for example they might be selling cd programs, training events, leads, websites and the like to people already in Coastal.

I know there are also some folks who are looking to created an income selling coaching and training.

This is all well and good, but it's first important for the person to realize a few things.

1) We have free training that's available to them and a proven system that is already in place.

2) Many of the folks who are offering Coaching do not have the experience to really be offering this.

Coastal is a fantastic business and there ARE several ways to do it, if it's working for you...that's GREAT, but there are ALOT of folks who are seeking a way to make a profit in their business who have not been able to do so.

Jay NaPier
  3. CarolinaConsign

Quoting: jnapierMany of the subjects you've mentioned have already been discussed.

Great Jay let's discuss them again. See it's hard to find them, because they are hidden between so many counter productive topic lines.

OK the issue part that needs a rest. You and I should not be sitting around determining who or who not is qualified to coach and train. We are not qualified to judge others.

Again this forum should be used to educate not alienate people.

"True leadership must be for the benefit of the followers, not the enrichment of the leaders." Robert Townsend

Brian Provost
  4. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: CarolinaConsign"True leadership must be for the benefit of the followers, not the enrichment of the leaders." Robert Townsend

Great quote Brian! And that's exactly why there have been conversation that might seem confrontational.

JN
  5. CarolinaConsign

Quoting: jnapierQuoting: CarolinaConsign
    "True leadership must be for the benefit of the followers, not the enrichment of the leaders." Robert Townsend

Great quote Brian! And that's exactly why there have been conversation that might seem confrontational.

Jay, I use quotes to encourage opportunity! [​IMG]

To lead people, walk beside them ...
    As for the best leaders, the people do not notice their existence.
    The next best, the people honor and praise.
    The next, the people fear;
    and the next, the people hate ...
    When the best leader's work is done the people say,
    "We did it ourselves!"
    - Lao-tsu

So what about hitting the topics that matter to the seekers of opportunities!

Brian Provost
  6. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Quoting: CarolinaConsignGreat Jay let's discuss them again. See it's hard to find them, because they are hidden between so many counter productive topic lines.

I agree - for new folks, coming into the forum, it never hurts to be discussing the basics ... (and I always learn something new or pick up tips and ideas from this forum..)

Are you guys gonna be in Orllando in March?? I am working on getting a hotel for the taxes only[​IMG]...The voucher I activated says I have to wait to book it till about 60 days prior to my trip, so am hoping it will work out.

Am hoping it won't be too far from the seminar as I am a small town girl and don't drive in the city[​IMG]...

Hey you all, Have a blessed Christmas and rock it out in 2008!!

Viola
  7. juno44444

juno44444 New Member

Quoting: CarolinaConsigne should use this forum to educate not alienate people.

I think this is a very good point and I appreciate it being brought up. The thread also made me laugh ... [​IMG]
  8. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Hey not to toot my own horn but in the thread I post in Adam's Advantage I always try to talk about topics to help Coastal Members. In addition im looking for some feedback as to what people are looking for so send me an IM and ill add it to the lost of topics to cover.

Adam Frederick
    Founder of A-Team CV Apprentice Program
    302 327 6263
    [email protected]