Not interested in a site: what can I do?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Iris S, May 24, 2016.

1. Iris S

Iris S Member

I purchased an established wine site a couple years ago, and while I enjoy the site and all I am concentrating and have more passion for my work at home site. It looked nice and all but I want to focus on one. I believe I am not able to sell it. Any ideas on what I can do?

YAGOOFT likes this.

YAGOOFT Active Member

Domain flipping is a huge business and I have always jumped on a site relative to a new trend or hot topic, and given the low cost of securing a domain name, you might have to keep it for a year or more until demand increases or that niche evolves. There are several popular sites you can list your domain on for sale, auction sites too like ebay.

Visit to see what similar sites are selling or have sold for to get a starting point for offering site for sale. Wine is hot industry, so you might be surprised what similar sites have sold for. I had jumped on bitcoin when first introduced, sold several sites, but like many, sometimes it pays to hang on until trend fully matures, I sold mine short, should have held onto them a little longer. Lesson learned, you never know, but given low cost of a buck for first year with GoDaddy, you can't lose much, and you could make thousands.

By the way, liked your site, nicely designed and informative for those who are seeking a good home based business, good luck with it.

Success to all,
    Iris S likes this.
  3. Iris S

Iris S Member

Thanks very much!! This has been very helpful to me.
  4. Iris S

Iris S Member

Yagooft, Do you have to pay to list your domain for sale?