Not interested in a site: what can I do?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Iris S, May 24, 2016.

1. Iris S

Iris S Member

Hello,

I purchased an established wine site a couple years ago, and while I enjoy the site and all I am concentrating and have more passion for my work at home site. It looked nice and all but I want to focus on one. I believe I am not able to sell it. Any ideas on what I can do?

Thanks

YAGOOFT likes this.
  2. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Domain flipping is a huge business and I have always jumped on a site relative to a new trend or hot topic, and given the low cost of securing a domain name, you might have to keep it for a year or more until demand increases or that niche evolves. There are several popular sites you can list your domain on for sale, auction sites too like ebay.

Visit https://namebio.com to see what similar sites are selling or have sold for to get a starting point for offering site for sale. Wine is hot industry, so you might be surprised what similar sites have sold for. I had jumped on bitcoin when first introduced, sold several sites, but like many, sometimes it pays to hang on until trend fully matures, I sold mine short, should have held onto them a little longer. Lesson learned, you never know, but given low cost of a buck for first year with GoDaddy, you can't lose much, and you could make thousands.

By the way, liked your site, nicely designed and informative for those who are seeking a good home based business, good luck with it.

Success to all,

Iris S likes this.
  3. Iris S

Iris S Member

Thanks very much!! This has been very helpful to me.

4. Iris S

Iris S Member

Yagooft, Do you have to pay to list your domain for sale?