Okay - Here is an Adsense Question

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by mountainmom5, Sep 11, 2009.

1. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

For all of those using adsense on their websites... what have been your findings on what works best as far as what kind of ad units you use and where you place them.

Right now I am using mostly the small banner ones right under the headings and then I like to use the small rectangle within the content but close to the top....

Would it be better to leave the banner one out and just use a few rectangle units??

Is it better to have 2 - 3 ad units per page? Or just one??

I use both adsense and affiliate links on my SBI site but have just been wondering if maybe I could tweak some of my adsense ads a bit for better results.

If you want to take a peek my site is at Emergency-Survival-Skills.com

Thanks in advance![​IMG]

2. westfam11

westfam11 Member

Mountainmom,

I have an adsense book by Joel Comm
    and he says the best way is to have a
    leader board look like the one at the top
    of this forum.

That is what I am getting ready to do on
    one of my blogs. So I don't have any experience
    of whether it works or not but Joel Comm makes
    a lot of money from Adsense so I thought I would
    follow his advice.

It is worth a try. Hope that helps.

Becky

3. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi M5,

It's different for every niche and for every site so there is no proper answer.

Personally, I wouldn't put more than two units on a given page but the only way to find out is to change up every so often and track the results. In time you'll find out what is optimal for each site.

Generally speaking - one or two units per page, one unit either across the top or at the left of the first paragraph of each post. The second unit is up to you.

Experimentation and tracking is always where it's at. I hope that cliche never gathers dust because it's a critical fundamental concept.

Check your email.

~Newbie Shield~

4. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Thanks NS ...

Newbie Shield: Generally speaking - one or two units per page, one unit either across the top or at the left of the first paragraph of each post. The second unit is up to you.
    That is actually the conclusion I have come through, with my testing that I am doing ... but wanted some input from others...

So thankful for this forum , once again...[​IMG]

5. AlexNeo

AlexNeo New Member

This forum is a good example...put it at the center of page!!!

6. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

I second NS. The AdSense heat map provided by Google is a good start.