Online home based digital signage business

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Jessienne, May 21, 2011.

1. Jessienne

Jessienne New Member

Hi, my idea for working from home was to create a business model and then sell multiples of it. I would be selling a start-up business and my business model includes the ability to remotely (as long as one has internet) run still-flyer ads on a 42" digital screen already set up in a local Cold Stone Creamery. The exact address is 349 Main Street, Pleasanton, CA 94588. The idea was to give surrounding businesses the opportunity to enjoy low budget advertising and branding while attracting the attention of the locals and the screen is set up in such a way that customers have to face it in order to check out thereby automatically creating a captive audience. I would like to add that it can also be used to generate national clients and instead of still-flyer ads, the screen allows for animated ones as well.

Any ideas as to how to market/sell the business opportunity? Again the screen and everything needed is already set up in the store.

2. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

Go get a few businesses and provide a free trial use and track activity.
    Jump starting things with free can work out very well.

3. PeterFrosen

PeterFrosen New Member

Not a bad idea, I like it.

4. lilybryen

lilybryen New Member

My husband has been looking into a business like this. I think it's a great idea for the right person!

5. lizlopez316

lizlopez316 New Member

Very interesting. How much traffic you get through the Creamery? Would it just be limited to this location or are you looking to install this system at different locations?

6. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

FreeCashMan: Go get a few businesses and provide a free trial use and track activity.
    Jump starting things with free can work out very well.

That is good advice. Give them a free trial basis and if it works well for them, they will use this service again and again and there is nothing better then word of mouth.

7. printisnotdead

printisnotdead New Member

Who are the people in the general area where the screen is? A good idea may be to look at the potential audience in the area and target businesses that would be able to cater to that specific audience. Basically the idea is to look for who would benefit the most from advertising using that screen.