Online Voice-Chat

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by WhitePhoenix, Feb 19, 2006.

1. WhitePhoenix

WhitePhoenix New Member

Have any of you tried online voice chat services with any other service providers besides Yahoo and Skype? I tried both of those and it didn't work well at all. I have a fairly expensive head-set with microphone but have found that bits and pieces of the conversation get lost in transit. Any suggestions?
  2. netjobs

netjobs Member

You can also try Google Talk and requires windows 2000 or XP, that is also a good one? Now Google is trying everything on internet... [​IMG]
  3. WhitePhoenix

WhitePhoenix New Member

Thank you netjobs, I'll try them and see what it's like. I need quality - if I can't talk with my sister, who's only 10 miles away without delays, how can I expect to talk to someone on the east coast? Or farther?

I wonder if you'd have the same problems with a webcam...?
  4. eclair

eclair New Member

5. gobala

gobala New Member

Hi WhitePhoenix..

What speed broadband do you have? I have used SKype easily w/o any problems. It does tend to drain a lot of bandwidth though, so if your speed is low, you'd probably have to stop all other downloading / uploading etc...
  6. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

I think it is your internet connection issue. Not skype/yahoo issue.

For Voice over Internet, the internet connection should be stable. If you are using the low end internet connection, you will get choppy quality.
  7. Seth

Seth New Member

Never had problems with SKYPE the sound is crystal clear [​IMG]

What's your connection speed ? If you have a slow connection expect it to be choppy