Out Of Ideas...Need Advice Please

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by emmagirl, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Long term an article a day is going to have a powerful impact on organic search engine traffic to your site. It's not always fast, but once it kicks in, it often doesn't go away.
  2. s12345 New Member

hey there what you need to do is pre-sell what every you are selling or in this case your MLM business, give people a reason to join under you!!

What i do is help my downline everyway i can and you will succeed!
  3. newbiz02 New Member

s12345: What i do is help my downline everyway i can and you will succeed!

I think that this is really crucial. you really have to teach your downline how to succeed.
    you need them to succeed. [IMG]
  4. bizmentor New Member

The lowest cost marketing that I have found that is also not time consuming is voice broadcasting- and it can be with a very low cost - less than a cent a message if you use the best service.

Good luck to all. My average lead cost is actually about a dollar an opt in- tell me where you can do that for less unless you are talking about devoting a huge amount of time?
  5. gridellas New Member

I was reading in another area and was directed to read this thread. I am thankful for reading it all the way through. To all you guys who had a part in this, thanks for lending your advice and expertise because there are a lot people out there who really don't know what they are doing. Thank you once again. And thanks to emmagirl for asking the right question that lead to this gold mine.[IMG]
    I have some improvements to make.
  6. SandyFWJM New Member

Thank you for being straight forward. I really appreciate the concrete suggestions. I'm very new to this. I read a lot for the last couple of months, but after awhile it all tangles together, and I don't know how o proceed. THX again. S [IMG]
  7. Kristiansen New Member

If you are looking to build a downline, I recommend a combination of online and print advertising in smaller community papers or even possibly Employment Guides. People are looking for new sources of income and they still read the classifieds for opportunities. In my business, I have seen these types of campaigns work well for all types of MLM's.

Another thought for you would be to do a job posting online on a job posting site such as Career Builder. I have had Ameriplan and Herbalife distributors do very well with this type of recruiting.

Good luck to you!
  8. gowriter Member

I like the idea of a landing page or a website.

You just told us how passionate you are about the product you're promoting.

I'm going to play devil's advocate for a moment.

I just finished shopping at a pet store and some lady outside the store handed me a brochure about some website about pet food which I already just bought and I've bought for years on end. Why would I want to switch to what she's trying to hawk to me.

I got tough on purpose. Why? This is the mindset of the average joe pet lover you have to overcome.

You want to get people excited about your product in the same way you are. You're a pet lover. You and other pet lovers share things in common. You understand how important pet health is.

But it's just a dog, emmagirl. Dogs eat Purina. Why should I pay more for vegetable anti-oxidant puppychow stuff?

Explain why. Why are these products good products? Why is it important that pets eat well? What are the typical costly problems (talk about costly problems because people listen when money's involved) in the long run from pets not eating healthy? Vet costs. etc.

So I like the idea of a landing page which you can create for free with weebly. Put pictures. It wouldn't hurt to create a You Tube video of yourself and your pet. Maybe Before and after pictures showing how shiny his coat looks after he's eaten the food, if it's really that good.

You know. The kind of stuff that a pet owner would be concerned about. Features and benefits. So I would create that landing page and put a link to your other page. You're pre-selling before actually doing the "selling".

Good luck to you.
  9. SandyFWJM New Member

Thank you for the ideas. I have jotted them down. (1) I just posted my first review article on Go article.com... It slipped easily off my fingers at first. Upon a personal audit of the article, I took out most of my 'humor.' I need my humor right now, because it is difficult to plan out the order of my activities. (2) Next in line is to try my hand at writing a small ad on UsFreeAds. My 2nd website is just one page. So, that is where I want to do some beginning advertising, so I can get a feel for purchasing ads later on. (3) I have some 'good stuff' on my 1st website, but the presentation now seems to have become disjointed. Next I want to reorginaze this site. (4) Tomorrow, I will re-examine everyone's suggestions and set a new to-do-list. THX, again for the direction. S [IMG]
  10. SandyFWJM New Member

I really hope you're right about that gold mine down the road. THX for the encouragement. S [IMG]
  11. mywahmommy New Member

Do You own a blog?I think you should create a Blog,and write about your business.Writing Articles will be a good idea also.Do you know what Google loves? Google loves high quality content. It's the truth.

When Google sends out it's search spider (called GOOGLEBOT by the way) it is on the look out for top quality sites with a lot of content and a lot of words on the pages as well.

Put yourself in the shoes of GOOGLEBOT:

What would you prefer?

1. A site with 110 pages with 370 words on each page

2. A site with 15 pages and 48 words on each page

Google will love the first site as it EVALUATES this site as having more to offer the reader. Rock solid content. It can't be simple than that.

Be honest, how many pages does your site have?

Another thing, are they linked from your homepage as well? Google loves natural linking. You've got to make hyperlinks as easy to find as you can.

So the final words?

Increase your content + your text + your links!
  12. halyda New Member

Yes, the best way are- increase the content, the text and the links.

And don't forget to promote it.
  13. jaesun16 New Member

[IMG] [IMG]Writing Article is not as easy as I thought too~

Website is alternative way, and easier way to promote

as far as I concerned.

Happy day~[IMG]
  14. destiny7 New Member

Have you considered doing old fashion flyer posting throughout your neighborhood. Placing flyers in public places like bus stops, train stations, lamp post etc...

Hiring a temp service to have them hand out small product brochure to people in a high traffic area that you specify.

If you have the extra cash try advertising through ValPak, they are a direct mailing advertiser.
  15. jaesun16 New Member

Have you research about Stuffing envelop?[IMG]

The only legitimate way to make this thing going is

You attach flyers(from company website) in public,

Some body will take one and send it to company not you

because they want products( Your name with company address)

You will get $5 commission for evey envelop people send.

That's just another idea of internet marekting, If you need more

idea about Affiliate marketing, Just let me know!![IMG]

Happy day~^^[IMG]
  16. zedra71 New Member

Emmagirl i went through this thread line by line because you ask a question that had a lot of helpful replies. Some jump at the hype and think it will be a piece of cake but its not.
  17. darpon56 New Member

When nothing is happening is when it's hardest to keep going. I've done some MLM in the past, and I didn't follow this advice. Wish I had. When nothing is happening is when it is most important to keep going. Keep doing the right things. Keep doing what you know to do. Don't get bogged down watching all the bigwigs and listening to their latest tricks. Do what you know and keep at it. A momentum will start and one day take over. Then try diversifying.
  18. colettef New Member

what are you doing to drive people to your site? do you have a landing page or are you giving something away. a free report etc. in order to get people to give you their e-mail address so that you can stay in touch with them. what are you doing in order to establish repoire?

warmly

colette Feinberg
  19. darpon56 New Member

At this point I'm writing a lot of articles and some blogs. Article writing is my favorite and I'm having some success with ezine as I have 16 articles live right now. I'm getting some traffic but looking for a lot more.
  20. newbiz02 New Member

Ezine articles hates me. : )
    Its all good though. go-articles has same pr as ezine.
    [IMG]