Outsourcing/telecommuting Help PLEASE

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by sum1smommy, Jul 17, 2007.

1. sum1smommy

sum1smommy New Member

Hi, hoping to gain some insight from the friendly people w/in the forum...I am really frustrated about trying to find something I can do from home...most things aren't appealing, make me or others uncomfortable (ie selling/giving parties,etc) or have just plan scammed me out of money. I am an educated woman with 7 yrs experience as a teacher who is now home with a two year old recovering from postpartum depression and feels totally useless as far as being a contributer. I just want help and facts. I am interested at least I think in outsourcing/telecommuting in data entry or typing from home. Does anyone have actual information to help me find a job like this that doesn't want me to give them money in order to make money? Thanks in advance for your prompt and thoughtful replies and advice.
    God Bless
    Renee (sum1smommy)
  2. maresha

maresha New Member

Hi Renee,

I just like you have been scammed by looking for these. I do not know of any data entry jobs that are actually legit but there are a few virtual call centers that I've worked for that I would recommend you take a look at. The first one is 1800flowers.com If you check under their employment page, they hire seasonal workers to work at home for a period of time. The one I mainly recommend though is Sutherland Global Services. Or you can google Sutherland @ Home and it'll pop up their work at home site. I have just signed up for this forum. I've used it before but never commented. What I want to know for all those who see our two posts, is a list of work at home companies that are legit. I'm looking for a job where I can eitehr do chat or some form of telecommunication that does not require upsells.
  3. gowriter

gowriter Member

4. onera

onera New Member

Renee, You can research and write articles. There are lots of demands for this kind of work. Check out scriptlance.com. Most of the time it's like rewriting exiting articles only So, you don't have to be an expert on any topics.