Page Impressions vs Clicks

Discussion in 'Profit Lance' started by duckbird, Dec 30, 2007.

1. duckbird

duckbird New Member

As of this posting, I have 119 page impressions and 0 clicks. Is this a poor showing because I have 0 clicks?

2. makemoneyonline

makemoneyonline New Member

You might want to play around with the placement of your ads to see if you can get clicks. Try blending the colors into your page better [​IMG]

3. duckbird

duckbird New Member

Check out a few of the blogs I've posted

http://jonandponch.blogspot.com/

http://3abmistakestoavoid.blogspot.com/

http://golfswingtipsforyou.blogspot.com/

http://excerciseplan.blogspot.com/

4. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Quoting: duckbirdAs of this posting, I have 119 page impressions and 0 clicks. Is this a poor showing because I have 0 clicks?

...could you add some pictures to your site? I think it might make it more personal so that people feel like they can get to know you - I haven't blogged much yet, but I have noticed on some other blogs that they are quite personal and I think it creates a sense of trust and security with your visitors...

Just a thought![​IMG]

5. makemoneyonline

makemoneyonline New Member

how are you promoting those blogs and what are the keywords for each blog that are you trying to optimize them for????

6. duckbird

duckbird New Member

Quoting: makemoneyonlinehow are you promoting those blogs and what are the keywords for each blog that are you trying to optimize them for????

Promoting

Manual SE submission
    Ping sites
    del.icio.us

Keywords....Depends on the subject
    For example: If the subject is Six Pack Abs, keywords would be..

abs, six pack abs, flat stomach, exercise, how to flatten your stomach

7. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Quoting: duckbirdManual SE submission
    Ping sites
    del.icio.us

What are ping sites?

[​IMG]

8. duckbird

duckbird New Member

Quoting: mountainmom5What are ping sites?

Ping sites are service that pings or notifies a number of services that keep track of weblogs and publish them. By pinging, you let the services know that your blog has been updated and hence, they crawl and index your site, publishing your blog contents, thus increasing your blog's popularity. Most of these services are free.

One such service is http://pingoat.com/

9. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Thanks Duckbird!

10. MyOwnBoss

MyOwnBoss New Member

Quoting: duckbirdAs of this posting, I have 119 page impressions and 0 clicks. Is this a poor showing because I have 0 clicks?

Assuming we're talking about the parmacoenterprises site, there are some issues you have.

1) Your Page doesn't feel complete. There is no text next to your opt-in form and no text in the "why we chose product #1" area.

2) I personally feel like you're mixing niches too much. You've got your main purpose (the affiliate products) which is a fitness niche, but the top of your page is dominated by the make money niche. Your peel-away offer is distracting from your main message.

3)Your " Save cash by getting in shape" line at the top doesn't make sense to me." I assume you're saying they can save money by getting this information through your offers, but that's just an assumption - like I said, it's not very clear.

4) As for the adsense, you need to put the ads above the fold. I would personally put your leaderboard ad directly below the header. Or consider separating your 3 products into 3 pages. This gives you 3 shots at getting a click.

I'm not trying to sound harsh, but it just looks like you didn't personalize your template enough.

11. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

MyOwnBoss,

That's excellent feedback. I agree 100%.

Hey Duck,

Are things going any better in any way (aside from income)?

[​IMG]

Newbie Shield

12. duckbird

duckbird New Member

Quoting: Newbie ShieldHey Duck,

Are things going any better in any way (aside from income)?

Happy New Year Newbie,

I also agree with MOB. Just so you know, the parmaco site is an affiliate site and I have little contol over it. However, was I able to change the template and I removed the save cash reference. The problem I'm having now is after I changed the template, I'm not seeing any Google ads on the page which I've refreshed several times. I have an email into my affiliate. Other than that, I can complain.

13. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Sometimes there is a delay in reporting clicks

14. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Quoting: duckbirdHappy New Year Newbie,

I also agree with MOB. Just so you know, the parmaco site is an affiliate site and I have little contol over it. However, was I able to change the template and I removed the save cash reference. The problem I'm having now is after I changed the template, I'm not seeing any Google ads on the page which I've refreshed several times. I have an email into my affiliate. Other than that, I can complain.

Thanx, Happy New Year to you as well. Is it possible that you accidentally removed the adsense generation code?

I'm glad things are going fairly well otherwise. I think the affiliate site looks good. Are you learning at a pretty good pace now? Feel like you have a decent level of mastery over certain things? Little less frustrated?

[​IMG]

Newbie Shield

15. duckbird

duckbird New Member

Quoting: Newbie ShieldIs it possible that you accidentally removed the adsense generation code?

No, because I don't know if I can have access to the html area of the site. At this time can't seem to get in touch with the affilliate by phone or email. Anyway, I change templetes and now I have Google ads again.

16. MyOwnBoss

MyOwnBoss New Member

Duckbird, do you own the domain the site is on?

17. duckbird

duckbird New Member

Quoting: MyOwnBossDuckbird, do you own the domain the site is on?

If you mean, is my domain name registered, the answer is no. The website is ran by Midphase. I know that I should get my own website, and I do plan to, when I can afford to. And I know there are affordable websites out there, but at the present time, I not in a position to purchase one.

If I had known five months ago what I kinow now, I would be in a better position....Oh well live and learn.

18. MyOwnBoss

MyOwnBoss New Member

Hey, I wasn't making any accusations [​IMG]

I was just wondering why you didn't have access to the code, but it didn't look like an affiliate url.

By all means, don't stop learning. Making mistakes is great learning. Don't get me wrong, we want to minimize mistakes by learning as much as we can before-hand, but think as a mistake in evolutionary terms.

If people all do everything according to some magic formula, then when search engines change their algorithms, everybody's business dies at the same time.

You can see my Unblog in my sig, it's a pretty crappy site as sites go, but it's an experiment I'm trying...

19. duckbird

duckbird New Member

Quoting: MyOwnBossHey, I wasn't making any accusations

Hey I know you're trying to be helpful and believe me, I'm greatful for all you're suggestions.

20. winlin

winlin New Member

duckbird: If you mean, is my domain name registered, the answer is no. The website is ran by Midphase. I know that I should get my own website, and I do plan to, when I can afford to. And I know there are affordable websites out there, but at the present time, I not in a position to purchase one.
    Listen, I understand money may be tight, "But" every day you do not have your own site established you are only giving "Juice" to the domain owner. When you eventually go to set up your own site, you will have to begin your site SEO from scratch. All of your hard work is currently benefiting someone else and will be lost.

1) You can establish an account at HostGator for Around $10.00 per month.

2) Purchase your domains at DomainCheap for about $10.00 each.(you can find discount coupons online thta save you .50 to a 1.50 on your registration.

3) Transfer the hosting to over to HG and then You can upload your site pages through an FTP connection or use the (extremely easy and free) wordpress quick install.

4) Also you will have a cpanel access that allows you to easily see stats on any sites you have hosted there.

5) you can actually add subdomains to your domain names and it won't cost you anything additional (http :// subdomain. yourdomain. com)

You will only have one monthly hosting fee and you can add as many main domains as you wish and as many subdomains as you wish. Subdomains are cool , but if you ever want to transfer a site to someone else (sell it) you won't be able to unless you transfer the complete domain. If you merely want to be able to add additional sites by establishing subdomains no bother and it won't cost anything additonal.

Recap: Hostgator $10.00 monthly-. Domaincheap $10.00 Domain purchase -> Transfer domain to hosting to Hostgator-> Set up your site -> Hostgator monthly fee approx.$10.00 -> Domain registration approx. $10.00 per year per domain -> Subdomains no additional cost.

If you do not understand my description of subdomains go to blogger .com that's how they set up free blogs using subdomains.

This may sound complicated, but it's not really. Iv'e helped others learn this for a fee, but since your strapped... Send me a PM if you want my limited help to get you through this...