Page Rank Poll

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by wahl2008, Feb 7, 2009.

1. wahl2008

wahl2008 New Member

Hi Everyone!

I'm curious to hear how long it's taken for your sites to gain page rank.

Thanks everybody! Cheers!

2. Seth

Seth New Member

3 months : )

3. wahl2008

wahl2008 New Member

Thanks for your vote Seth!

On a 1 to 10 scale, how hard did you have to work on links and promotion to get the PR1 ranking?

4. tomegan

tomegan Guest

Hi,
    Its around 3 months

5. wahl2008

wahl2008 New Member

Thanks tomegan!

6. Mak Doodle

Mak Doodle New Member

the tough part is getting my sites from pr1 to pr2

7. wahl2008

wahl2008 New Member

Hi Mak,

How long have you been working on getting them from PR1 to PR2 so far?

8. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

For me, it took around 2 months.
    From PR0 to PR2.

9. wahl2008

wahl2008 New Member

Wow cherie27! That's awesome!

What would you say were the most important things that you did to get from 0 to 2 in such a short time?

10. Mak Doodle

Mak Doodle New Member

well for me it might be little different because I am not focused right now on page rank. I went to PR 1 in about 2 months on my main domain, but the site I am working on the most is a subdomain. So my main domain is PR1 and sub domain is PR0

This might not be the best structure for gaining PR, but I am growing the site and figure PR will follow in time.

11. wahl2008

wahl2008 New Member

Thanks for the info Mak!

12. It took me about 3 months to go from PR0 to PR1 - another 3 months to go from PR1 to PR2 - another 3 months to go from PR2 to PR3 and finally another 3 months to go back down to PR2 !!

Barb

13. wahl2008

wahl2008 New Member

Thanks for the details Barb!

What do you suspect was the reason that you moved from PR3 back down to PR2?

14. jimb12345

jimb12345 New Member

its 3 months after you first buy the domain

15. samda

samda Member

It all depends on the time you allocate to work on the website. My friend brought his website in a time of 2 months to PR 2.

He is a pro in SEO.

16. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Philip,

There is also a category referred to as "unranked".

Believe it or not, going to a PR0 (PR bar goes from pure gray to pure white) is actually progress. It's a step above "unranked".

Provided you've been doing more than bare minimum on your site and you don't have any funny business going on, it takes 2-3 months to pop out of the "unranked" rating.

I've seen brand new "unranked" sites jump straight to a PR4 or even a PR5 within 2 months.

As an aside, my main Squidoo lens did that. It was a PR5 about two months or so out of the gate and stayed that way for several months. It was news-worthy so a few heavy hitters were blogging about it for a time. I had some nice backlinks in the beginning.

It is now a PR4. Obviously the juice from the TLD - Squidoo.com - helped a lot (PR8) but there are other lenses out there that have been around a long time and are still PR1, so there is more to it than just the TLD juice.

~Newbie Shield~

17. AJFarro

AJFarro New Member

One of my sites went from a PR0 to PR1 in about a week. Another one went from unranked to PR2 in about a month. Once I found my groove I can consistently repeat it. However, increasing to the next level gets exponentially harder.

The easy part is falling in rank or getting slapped back down to 0. Been there myself and it happened from my own laziness. Just because one achieves an increase in rank doesn't mean it's going to stay there. You have to work to keep it there.

18. wahl2008

wahl2008 New Member

Hi NS!

Yeah, my site went from unranked to PR0 in a little over a week. I'm closing in on 3 months and am looking for the little green bar to show 1 any day now [​IMG] I know PR isn't as critical to success in Google search as some think it is, but it's a good indicator of how good your site is doing.

That's pretty amazing to be at PR5 after 2 months! Yeah, you must have had some really nice links for that.

I'm still learning, and certainly always will be, but what I have a hard time figuring out is how to get links with any page rank better than PR0 when my site is at PR0. I feel that I don't have anything to offer in a link exchange with higher ranking sites, and at this time I can't afford (and I'm not sure that I ever would want to) buy links. What are some successful methods of obtaining quality links when you don't have any leverage in terms of PR?

------------------

Thanks for the input AJFarro?

What specifically didn't you do to lose page rank? You mentioned laziness, so did you stop getting new links, adding new content, or what?

I'd rather learn from other's mistakes [​IMG]

Cheers!

19. AJFarro

AJFarro New Member

Hi wahl2008,

By lazy I mean I stopped adding new content to that one particular site. On average, I was writing about three new articles a week and always made sure I pinged my blog. Blogs are pure love to Google. Then I got sidetracked on another project and didn't have time to write. But now I've outsourced my writing for that site to a friend of mine and hopefully I'll get some rank back.

-AJ