paperwork for new business

Discussion in 'Accounting and Legal Advice' started by newlife, Jan 11, 2011.

1. newlife

newlife New Member

I want to start a small business from my home. How do I learn about what paperwork I need and what records I have to keep for tax purposes?

2. Jose Roman

Jose Roman New Member

newlife

What kind of business will it be?

3. weebitty

weebitty Member

Newlife, Anything to do with your business, like internet connection, office supplies, ink, your space in your home has to be dedicated to your business only if you deduct that. Save all receipts in having to do with your business. Advertising, business cards, if you old meetings the refreshments you serve. If you go to dinner with a client or prospective client. I would call the IRS or decide if you want a tax consultant or not and they can help you as well. these are just some things I am sure some others have other tips as well. Hope this helped you some.

4. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

I think that you should go to your accountant or even consult with a lawyer to see what you need specifically.

It is better to be safe then sorry.

5. katereber

katereber New Member

talfighel: I think that you should go to your accountant or even consult with a lawyer to see what you need specifically.

It is better to be safe then sorry.
    Good advice tal.. [​IMG]

6. Mark Herry

Mark Herry New Member

For opening new business and for paper work it is always best to discuss and consult with a lawyer and accountant to know complete procedure and process. I think you should contact with an accountant.