Passport To Wealth

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by WealthyWAHM, Jan 11, 2007.

1. TopMentor New Member

David,

I didn't realize Passport to Wealth required a copy of credit card... that's crazy.

I've been involved with a lot of programs, but have never had anyone ask me for a copy of credit card and driver's license to. I'd be careful about giving that information out and I don't see any reason whatsoever why they need that!

Brian
  2. moneyinmypocket New Member

Passport 2 Wealth has never required a photocopy of anything, let along a credit card. None.

Now, Grow Rich Systems, that's a different story. I'm pretty sure that I remember having to send a bunch of stuff in for that. I can't remember, haven't been with P2W in a while.

As a matter of fact, they don't even get paid, your sponsor does. The whole payment (other than the subscription fee, which they only accept Safepay Solutions, if I remember correctly)
  3. BeAChampion New Member

As good as Passport to Wealth may be for some people it still is a passup program and I can see that pass-up programs are going extinct and being replaced by the programs that have a mulit-level
    compensation plan.

Keeping it real[IMG]

Tim McGaffin
  4. BeAChampion New Member

Why on the Passport to Wealth capture pages
    does it say something like...

"WE'LL FLY YOU OUT TO ORLANDO FOR A VACATION
    FREE OF CHARGE TO PROVE TO YOU THIS WORKS"?

That's a nice way to 'bribe' someone to capture their lead info
    but I seriously doubt anybody is actually getting that free trip.

So....ISN'T THAT LYING!!!!!

The Defender of TRUTH[IMG]

Tim
  5. wealthmentor New Member

Brian,

You stated that you don't like the fact that Passport To Wealth
    requires a person to pass up 2 sales. However, didn't you use
    to be a member of that company?
  6. moneyinmypocket New Member

Wealthmentor,
    Many of us who were in P2W have left for other business that don't rely on the 1-up/2-up system. I used to be a member, but never liked the idea of giving up sales to someone who would then become your direct competition. I also didn't like the constant spam that the owner (Darren) sent me trying to get me into his "other" programs. No, I don't want to type from home!!
    IMO, if Darren was really wanting to show how good his business is, he wouldn't be getting paid members to sign up for other affiliate programs he's involved with. Just my opinion.

Thing is, these 1up/2up programs will be a thing of the past with the creation of businesses with much better compensation packages - ones that promote the support of your downline ALL THE WAY THROUGH their business existence - for invested interest of course.

Just keepin it real [IMG]

Terry
  7. wealthmentor New Member

overall, I do agree with what you have said.

However, I see many that jump to a new thing
    and talk down about what they were doing before.
    I am not sure that it is the best business approach.

By the way, is GRN a one up?
  8. moneyinmypocket New Member

Hi Wealthmentor,
    Nope. GRN works using the principals of Perpetual Leverage.

You can see what Perpetual Leverage is all about at www.payplan.us (this link has nothing to do with me or any GRN affiliate in particular - it just explains the payment plan)

And you're right. Anyone in a new program certainly does downplay their past businesses... but not always to boost their own. Often they see the improvements or positive differences in their new ventures, which is what they should do. I see good in all business, as long as you can stand behind what you're doing and treat it as just that - a business.

All the best,
    Terry
  9. Carpathia New Member

Passport to Wealth and EDC seem very interesting to me and I can certainly see where folks could make some real cash. I suppose the silly, newbie question I have is what exactly is the product that is being sold? Is it really just a matter of recruiting more members to recruit more members and that in fact is the money maker and not some cheesy EBook listed as the product? Which begs the question of what makes this any different from any other pyramid scheme?

I don't mean to sound negative because I've nearly signed up a few times after doing the research but I can't help but wonder what exactly is being sold? My other concern is that if you Google any of this stuff, clearly a lot of people are marketing these sites so I wonder if it's so saturated that getting sign ups is going to be impossible.

Thanks!
  10. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Interesting back and forth here, LOL :)

Newbie Shield
    Giving away 10 free Power Malls
  11. mnkabir New Member

My say is Gilink looks legit but the problem is you never know these days[IMG]
  12. MISongbird New Member

Well, after careful consideration and contemplation, I am about to embark on the Passport to Wealth adventure. I found a mentor who is part a larger group that helps its members succeed. It's been a few months since the initial launch, so perhaps they've worked some of the kinks out. I've been investigating various internet programs and this one looks good. The mentor and his group offer nightly conference calls where you can get your questions answered in a casual atmosphere. I plan to ask a lot of questions. If they are answered satisfactorily, I'm in![IMG]
  13. MISongbird New Member

I DID IT!! I signed up tonight. I'll keep you posted as to how well I do!! Wish me luck!!
  14. Chopper New Member

Quoting: affirmwealthI have a friend that just signed up in Passport to Wealth about one week ago. She is a complete newbie to Internet Marketing.

In her first week she has gotten five sales. Her first sale or two were from free advertising, and the rest were from her warm market.

I'm so impressed and proud of her...I didn't realize that a program like Passport to Wealth can do so well in one's warm market.
    hmmm.... Just wondering where your friend is advertising for free, I've been doing free advertising for 5 weeks now and have only gotten 17 people to look at my web-site, I have absolutly no signups, I'm still just trying to get my first one to qualify. What's the secret??
  15. MISongbird New Member

OK, I said I would keep folks updated on my progress with Passport To Wealth.

I'm certainly not earning $30,000 in my first week. In fact, I haven't earned anything yet. There is a lot more to this program than one is led to believe. I won't be earning large sums immediately, but I do believe the program is "do-able".

Chopper asks "What's the secret". I believe the secret is having a team approach. Having never marketed anything on the internet before, I have lots to learn. I joined PP2W knowing that I would be part of a team of professionals. Like I said above, the team mentors offer daily training calls. They also have a team website containing TONS of marketing/advertising info and suggestions, anything from Google Adwords to E-Zines to free internet classified ads to print ads in local newspapers....and the list goes on.

I also joined PP2W knowing that I would have to WORK to get the first few sales and then later to help those who joined under me to be successful. Last night, as I was about to call my team mentor and whine about how I hadn't gotten any sales yet, and only one inquiry, I found a link in our team "back office" that I had overlooked previously. It led me to recorded marketing classes containing additional information. I also found a "marketing for dummies" page with step by step instructions. Then I found free publications about headline templates, copywriting gems, chaser emails, etc. What a GOLDMINE! When this team told me that they were there to help, they meant it! I'm happy I found them!

Passport To Wealth does offer a managed marketing campaign. Members can pay for a professional marketing team to make sales for them. The cost is $50 per month plus $200 per sale commission. If I get desperate, I can follow that route. However, I think I would prefer, currently, to do the work myself.

Well, I'm off to write a press release for an e-zine. I'll check back later with an update.
  16. AngelsSaint New Member

Hi all,
    I have signed up for Passport to Wealth but do not have enough to pay the $997 and $29.95 to become a paid member. Is it possible if somebody could pay those fees for me and I pay them back once I make that amount from sales. I would like to make an income from this site and am willing to help out the people that helped me. Thank you very much.
  17. RadicalLiving New Member

It's really refreshing Songbird that you do realize that the process in indeed work. Far too often people opt in to these programs thinking that money will fall out of the sky as soon as they click "Join".

Keep up the good work!
  18. MISongbird New Member

I spent 2 hours on the phone yesterday morning talking to the person through whom I joined Passport To Wealth (PP2W). He shared with me the marketing strategies that worked for him. One of the best sources for him has been passive advertising on Yuwie. If you don't know what Yuwie is all about, I suggest clicking on the link in my signature and checking it out for yourself. It's FREE and your email address is not shared with others, so you won't receive spam emails by joining. Anyway, the Yuwie community largely consists of people who want to make money on the internet. Because Yuwie pays its members a portion of the advertising revenue to be active and recruit other members, the members share marketing ideas. One member lists a whole page of free marketing sites. I use that information, plus the info provided to me by my PP2W mentor, plus that in the back office of my Blessings United Team to market my PP2W information. I truly believe this will take off soon.

I received an email from a gentleman who is interested in joining PP2W. We've had 2 or 3 conversations. I think he wanted to get to know the person on the other end of the website. He's comparing programs, but I think the rapport we are building between us will sway his decision to my side. He watched the free movie and took the free test drive. He plans to participate in one of our team information calls on Monday evening. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Ever watch the movie "The Secret"? I've heard reference to it in many articles regarding on-line marketing. My PP2W mentor mentioned it. I just purchased a DVD from someone on Ebay and can't wait to get it. I'm sure there must be a forum here at work-at-home about it. I'll be checking that forum out next.

Thanks Radical for the kudos. It is work, but I enjoy the work. What I like most about it, is that I can do it from the comfort of my home.
  19. MISongbird New Member

I also signed up for PP2W. They do NOT require a copy of your credit card. I'm a fully paid member and didn't supply copies of anything to them.

However, when you are setting up payment options in your back office, one of the options is AlertPay, does require a copy of a government issued ID and proof of address (like a phone bill) to get certified. If you don't want to use AlertPay, you don't have to supply that info to anyone. You can opt to use PayPal and SafePay and E-Gold as well as AlertPay.
  20. MISongbird New Member

OMG! OMG! OMG! I just discovered a wealth of FREE marketing information made available to my PP2W team. I missed the weblink on the Blessings United Team website earlier. I don't know how, I just did. The Affinity Success website offers tremendous resources. You can learn anything from creating a marketing plan to creating a website and everything in between. They offer video tutorials, ad copy and writing information, and "How To's" for article marketing, e-zines, blogging, press releases, etc. I've just barely scratched the surface!

Earlier this week I also joined a team Training Call. I don't know why I didn't take advantage of this before! Since I'm still working 40+ hours a week and commuting 1 hour a day, I haven't had time to implement any of it. I'll be really busy doing so this weekend.

I have learned that I should have taken advantage of these resources earlier. Had I done so, I probably would be making money by now. The team approach rocks!!