Pay per Click advertising help

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by Saenz30, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Saenz30

Saenz30 New Member

Hi there. I have a website that I'm trying to generate traffic to but I'm having trouble. I want to do pay per click advertising but I really know nothing about it. Can anybody shine some light on this for me? Thanks!
  2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I have not used ppc much so am thinking someone will come by soon as some of the other guys use that method.

Hang in there. And welcome.[​IMG]
  3. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

I wouldn't recommend even attempting Google Adwords or another PPC advertising service until you have gotten through a full course on PPC advertising. The reason? Too many people lose money at PPC advertising, and if you don't know what you are doing - and there is A LOT to learn, you are likely to get burned. Instead, focus on the free methods traffic generation, and after you have gotten some proficiency in that, I would recommend a move up to PPC advertising.
  4. happywife

happywife Gold Member

getagrip: I wouldn't recommend even attempting Google Adwords or another PPC advertising service until you have gotten through a full course on PPC advertising. The reason? Too many people lose money at PPC advertising, and if you don't know what you are doing
    I couldn't agree more! There is no doubt that many people use PPC effectively and to their advantage, but it's a tricky business that should be entered into with caution.

(Hey Keith, great to "see" you. It's been ages since we caught up, and I hope you are doing well!)

Blessings,
    Angie
  5. bobinraleigh

bobinraleigh New Member

Saenz30
    I used PPC for a number of years and generated most of my business though Google AdWords. Unfortunately the cost per click kept getting more expensive for my keywords and the profits suffered. If your cost per click is reasonable enough for your keyword(s), you can definitely get the targeted traffic. Start slowly, though!!!
  6. onedumbaussie

onedumbaussie New Member

Yes you use PPC, The cost per click is getting ridiculous at google, I stopped using them and changed to other networks.

I agree with the comments above, do your homework and make sure the landing pages are as good as the ads.

If you pay even 5 cents a click make sure your getting a return on what you invested. Monitor the campaigns closely and TEST TEST TEST.

Once you get a winner stick to it, resist the urge to change it just once more.

Good luck and make sure you set a budget and stick to it. re-invest earnings and roll on from there.

ODA
  7. shaun

shaun New Member

g'day from adelaide onedumbaussie
    why would you call yourself onedumbaussie
    wouldnt onesmartaussie be better
  8. catevanne

catevanne New Member

I don't know much about ppc, but it doesn't seem that complicated to me- I do know folks who are using it successfully...