PC is so slow and I don't

Discussion in 'Paid Surveys' started by oregoncountry, Mar 9, 2009.

1. oregoncountry

oregoncountry Member

know how much of it is adware, malware, spyware[​IMG] I am running some programs(trying to download Spybot)to detect what is slowing it down so much. I have highspeed internet but I share with my roomie. She doesn't download anything like I do with this survey deal I've started. I just wish I knew more about pc's. If anyone does know, I see that my connection status to the Linksys router is 100.0 mbps. I don't even know what that means.[​IMG] Guess I just needed to talk to someone.

denise

2. pinkyparrot

pinkyparrot New Member

The 100 mbps is the max speed you can go. You are probably not even getting close to that. You could also go to www.trendmicro.com to get a check-up on your pc. That is done online and for free. Don't buy anything. If you still need help, then you can get ahold of me. I build PC's in my spare time, so I would say I know a few things.

3. jimb12345

jimb12345 New Member

sometimes you just need to reload your operating system to refresh it.

4. oregoncountry

oregoncountry Member

I did get this resolved. I made a new email account to get rid of all the spam that had accumulated from me surfing the web, and I also added some good spyware, adware, malware "killers"[​IMG]

Now Im very careful what I "click" on[​IMG] Also, I talked to my ISP and there are times of extremely heavy traffic because of my rural location. I just have to get on here as often as possible and get my work done[​IMG]

Thank you for your input, both of you[​IMG] denise in Sams Valley OR

5. samda

samda Member

May be due to the virus activity. Most virus eat away our activity. Clean them and you will have the speed coming in automatically.

6. dougster

dougster New Member

denise,

what about some basics; removing cookies & temporary files, or even adding some RAM Memory. To keep your system running like a thoroughbred: Spybot is awesome and Iobit.com has a free Advanced Windows Care for good system optimization and 15 - 20min. to run, similar time for Spybot. I run these weekly. Turning your computer completely off and on occasionally, refreshes the memory as well.

Wish you the best, [​IMG]
    Doug

7. Seth

Seth New Member

you should try ccleaner.com i've been using since 2007, its free and small in size..

CCleaner is a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. Additionally it contains a fully featured registry cleaner. But the best part is that it's fast (normally taking less than a second to run) and contains NO Spyware or Adware!

8. chrislth

chrislth New Member

you may try delet the temporary internet files and cookies thru your browser.

9. dangmyun

dangmyun Guest

It usualy, happens Because of Virus in my experience..

Unless Your computer is very old, you are fine to use

High internet services.

100 mbp means The higest speed your computer can go

for internet service.

You need to be careful "Clicking" Pop up windows,

Many of them contain Some Spyware, and Viruses..

You may download Firewall of some other software that

can protect you computer.

10. Lon_97FF

Lon_97FF New Member

I think you should clean your registry first. Registry is at the heart of every Windows computer. The older your PC is, the more junked-up its Registry becomes and the more likely it is to crash or to slow down your PC.

11. samda

samda Member

oregoncountry, Have you cleaned up your viruses.

I have some ideas to do so. If you have not please put in your exact problem and we shall give a solution to it.

12. Gringo

Gringo New Member

I would say try out either pcpitstop they offer a few evail of your pc and performance or i think the other is called pcdoctor but pcpitstop is my favorite.