Pls Rank the Following Internet Marketing Techniques

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by SEOnoob, Jun 23, 2008.

1. SEOnoob

SEOnoob New Member

How do you rank the following free Internet marketing techniques according to efficiency in getting steady traffic to a website selling infoproducts? Something like ranking them from 1 to 5, one being the most efficient and 5 as the last one will help me a lot in completing the research I'm writing.

- forum posting
    - article marketing
    - link exchanges
    - social networks (MySpace, FaceBook, etc.)
    - having a blog with link to your site and leaving comments on other blogs

Thanks in advance.
  2. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

I'd say that the most common are blogging, forum posting and article marketing, although it is very difficult to use non-internet marketing related forums to reach markets outside of IM or working from home. However, forums can be great research tools.

I think I'd remove link exchanges, since one way links are always better for your PR when compared when you have someone linking back to you when you are linking to them. Also, you have to be very careful about using MySpace and Facebook or you can get banned.
  3. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

article writing - 1
    forum posting - 2
    blogging - 3
    social networking -4
    link exchanges - 5

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  4. PennyWise

PennyWise New Member

What do you mean "Article Marketing"?
  5. SEOnoob

SEOnoob New Member

PennyWise: What do you mean "Article Marketing"?

Article marketing is the use of articles to get the word out about your business. It basically entails writing quality articles relating to your niche/product/business and then submitting them to top article directories to get traffic and maybe some search engine link juice.

Thanks for the responses.
  6. PennyWise

PennyWise New Member

Thanks Noob!

Good to know.
  7. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Ditch "link exchanges"

Otherwise the other four are excellent traffic generation methods and I would strongly recommend using all of them. There's really no need to rank them against each other. I like them all about equally [​IMG]

One thing I would add is Organic traffic via SERPs. You can also generate some traffic via the use of Press Releases and Free Classifieds. Furthermore, it's well worth the time to get listed in the Yahoo Directory.

~Newbie Shield~
  8. tbadly

tbadly New Member

All of these tactics should be incorporated in a well-rounded SEO program. That means they'll all add up to better rankings in search engines and more organic traffic via SERPs. Search engines value a diverse link profile.
  9. jschuman

jschuman New Member

I currently get over 75K visitors a month to my site. I try and incorporate SEO into everything I do.

My top 4 would be

1. article marketing

2. blogging with social bookmarking

3. forum marketing

4. email marketing
  10. brt

brt New Member

Hi Jeff-

Care to elaborate on your email marketing
    recommendation? [​IMG]

11. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

jschuman: I currently get over 75K visitors a month to my site

Hi Jeff,

U rock. Did I ever tell you that you're a class act? It's not because you get 75k visitors/mo to your site though that is plenty cool, congrats. You've always contributed quite significantly to this forum. A personal thanx for always helping others [​IMG]

I wouldn't be surprised if you attained a Preferred Member status some time around your one year forum anniversary. I hope you get it.

~Newbie Shield~
  12. article writing - 1
    forum posting - 2
    blogging - 2
    social networking -2
    link exchanges - 5

13. PennyWise

PennyWise New Member

I've published now 2 articles from ezinearticles and nothing Criss Angel-worthy, but so far I'm digging the results.
  14. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Newbie Shield makes a great point! With the exception of link exchanges,
    the four remaining techniques can deliver excellent results when used together.
    Giving away informative reports is also an effective marketing method.

15. million2

million2 New Member

I also agree with Newbie Shield,but I also do use emaii marketing. I just started using squidoo,but need to read more about it.
  16. million2

million2 New Member

oops spelt email wrong, sorry
  17. PennyWise

PennyWise New Member

What's your Squid link?
  18. gradyp

gradyp New Member

When I had tried a previous online venture, one of the "recommended" methods was "traffic exchanges". I found these to be totally worthless and that when I spent the time it took to "view" the sites, I kept coming across the same sites. And the cost to "pay" for visits to my site were more than I could afford.

Link Exchanges, while great for some sites, such as those sharing various information on a similar topic, I think would not be beneficial to the internet marketer because it could send people away to your competition.

I'm just getting started, but I can definitely see where the other 4 you mentioned can be beneficial if used properly.

19. gtaylor

gtaylor New Member

I'm reading through this thread and I'm fairly new at internet marketing but are the ad sites not a good place to use for for internet marketing with regard to efficiency? I can go to usfreeads and crank out an ad there in less than 15 minutes. Just curious.