Poll: Number of hours per week spent on marketing

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by 2002mjf, Mar 6, 2008.

1. 2002mjf

2002mjf New Member

How many hours a week do you spend promoting your business? ie. forums, placing classified ads, site maintenance(if you have a website), etc.

2. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

It really kind of varies on what kinds of projects I'm working on - sometimes 10 or 20 hours, sometimes none at all.

3. seeyalater72

seeyalater72 New Member

I spend about 10-20 hours per week promoting my business.

4. CSGWAHM

CSGWAHM New Member

70% of the total time you spend on your business should be doing marketing/generating prospects. Hope that helps.

5. pcwork

pcwork New Member

10-20 hours per week

6. dmitch31

dmitch31 New Member

About 40, but it's because I haven't been at this very long and I know I've got to work harder at the outset to get some momentum going.

7. jschuman

jschuman New Member

I would say that once you have your website set up you should spend 90% of your time marketing it. This should include blogging, social bookmarking, article marketing, forum marketing, and email marketing to your list. If you are not building a list on your website and blog shame on you.[​IMG]

8. mupegasus

mupegasus New Member

9. aplina

aplina New Member

its all depends. am still into getting backs links . so l make sure l have 1or2 everyday. most of my traffic come from google

10. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Depending upon what else is going on, 50%-90% of my internet time each week.

Will you be using the results of this thread for anything specific?

[​IMG]

~Newbie Shield~

11. 2002mjf

2002mjf New Member

Quoting: Newbie ShieldWill you be using the results of this thread for anything specific?

Hi, Thanks for all the replies, and, no, I was just curious about the answer due to the fact that I spend about 30-40 hours a week on my various sites. I was wondering if I was spending too little or too much time on my sites.....I hope a few more people anwer as this is interesting!

12. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

15 - 20 hours a week - sometimes more , sometimes less [​IMG]

13. brazilfarmer

brazilfarmer New Member

Not enough unfortunately! My day job takes 40 hours and then my wife and 2-year old daughter expect a certain number of hours of my time each week.... Then comes the internet! So probably about 10 hours a week which probably proves why progress is a little on the slow side. But as we always say with IM you need to put in the hours in order to be successful.

I do believe that it's quality not quantity that counts, so it's not necessarily the number of hours you spend marketing but how you market that matters. There are many methods that are a complete waste of time which means your productivity or efficiency would be very low despite spending many hours 'marketing'.

14. Homeboy

Homeboy New Member

At the moment, about half the day, each day....

15. brazilfarmer

brazilfarmer New Member

Homeboy: At the moment, about half the day, each day....

I am seriously jealous[​IMG] you must be single, without children!
    Although if you can spend all that time on your online business I hope you're seeing some rewards.

16. Aspire

Aspire New Member

Though I do a few different things, I have developed the mindset that whenever an opportunity comes up I explore it re my MLM.

No I don't push the business aspect all the time, sometimes just the products.

Dedicated 100% attention - 2 to 3 hours a day
    Target of opportunity during the day - approx 1 hour total (sometimes more)

It works very well for me

17. dchezem

dchezem New Member

Newbie Deb here:
    I spent every moment i can spare. which right now is when i get up till i go to bed. had foot surgery so i get too devote that much time.
    soon will be back to my reg. job so then it will be about 5 hrs eacch nite sxcept weekends (ie days off) most of the whole day..lol...

just can't get enough!

Hope this helps your pole/[​IMG]
    Warmest Regards
    Deb

18. Hemjoe

Hemjoe Member

Well, unfortunately i really don't have much spare time on my hands at the moment so i spend as little as 5 hours a week sometimes even less [​IMG]

19. dchezem

dchezem New Member

HI Again,
    Thats Ok, spend as much time as you can. ant time spent do ing your business is better than none.
    The point is to at least make an honest effort.
    And depending on where you see your self with your business in say 1 to 5 yrs. that should be your focus and motivation.

Just always remember that it's the quality not the quanity that matters most.

have A Great day
    Warmest Regards
    Deb

20. Aspire

Aspire New Member

dchezem: Just always remember that it's the quality not the quanity that matters most.

Correct - I think we all have experienced the problems with simply signing everyone up we come across - you end up stretching your attentions very thinly and wonder why there is no exponential growth happening.