Ponder This - Two Wolves (Cherokee Wisdom)

Discussion in 'Casual Chat' started by A8ch, Nov 30, 2010.

1. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.

He said, "My son, the battle is between two wolves inside us all. One is Evil - It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

"The other is Good - It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee replied, "The one you feed."

2. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Amazing! I had read this somewhere before. Thanks for reminding me again [​IMG]

3. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

That story was told to me repeatedly by an Osage friend who recently passed away.
    Almost as if he was watching over this forum.
    Thanks for the reminder, of him and the truth.

4. JackieM293

JackieM293 Member

This is so true and I am sure that we can all think of examples where we have seen this very story come to life.

Thanks for sharing

J

5. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

6. Hilary Hughes

Hilary Hughes New Member

Very good, that - thank you.

Hilary.

7. candy3

candy3 New Member

Really nice! I haven't heard that before but will definitely copy it down. I really like this forum, there are some good quality people and posts on here. It is a refreshing change from others I have visited. Thanks for sharing this.

8. happywife

happywife Gold Member

candy3: Really nice! I haven't heard that before but will definitely copy it down. I really like this forum, there are some good quality people and posts on here. It is a refreshing change from others I have visited. Thanks for sharing this.
    I've heard this old Indian proverb before (although dogs were used instead of wolves), and it is so very true to life.

Yes, Candy, this is one of the much nicer forums for internet marketers. It's in large part due to Vishal's (the admin) diligence in keeping out the spammers. A big job.

I've read a few of your recent posts and look forward to hearing more from you in future.

Blessings,
    Angie

9. blackstar

blackstar New Member

That is very nice [​IMG] Thanks for sharin