Posting Conversion Tracking on Clickbank Product

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by jhoecannon, May 26, 2009.

1. jhoecannon

jhoecannon New Member

Google has given me the conversion tracking code to paste into the "Thank You" page for a Clickbank product. But, how do I post it there? I do not have access to this products html code and neither do I have access to the "Thank You" page without ordering the product.

2. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Hello jhoecannon ,
    You would ask the merchant if he/she would add the code to their pages for you, the affiliate.

I have worked with some great merchants and managers who are happy to do this.

Victoria

3. jhoecannon

jhoecannon New Member

VictoriaNTC,

The problem with trying to contact the merchant is that there is no contact info on this product. I contacted Clickbank support and they told me that they would not give out any contact info. Any other ideas?

4. MikeHumphreys

MikeHumphreys New Member

I'm guessing you are trying to track your conversion rate for an affiliate product?

Here's one way to do it. It's fairly accurate IMHO.

1. Your webpage for the affiliate product.
    2. They click on the order button on your page.
    3. That button sends them to another webpage on your site. Your page has your Google tag in it and then redirects them to either the Clickbank order page, bypassing the main product order page or the main product sales letter.

So you can either test your conversion for your affiliate traffic sent or your own sales letter for the product. The merchant handles order fullfillment and customer support.

Hope that helps,

Mike