Problem Adding HTML Codes To My Site

Discussion in 'Profit Lance' started by duckbird, Sep 17, 2007.

1. duckbird

duckbird New Member

I'm having a problem adding html codes to my site. Here's what I'm doing

1. I copy the html code.
    2. I go to the source area of my site and paste and save the code

When I go back to the source area, the code I pasted saved is not there. What am I doing wrong? I've been trying to do this for two weeks now.

2. makemoneyonline

makemoneyonline New Member

hmmm, I'm not really sure what you are doing wrong. Which website builder are you using?

3. pcwork

pcwork New Member

The permissions on your server may have changed

4. duckbird

duckbird New Member

Quoting: makemoneyonlinehmmm, I'm not really sure what you are doing wrong. Which website builder are you using?

Not sure what a website builder is?

Please give me the name of one and I'll get it

Tell me do I need FTP software or what?

Thanks

5. opendomain

opendomain New Member

Try making a very simple change. Like change a period to a comma or something very small but definately noticeable. It may be that you are pasting cod your server doesn't support like PHP or something. it might also be where you are pasting it. I know some hosting/website builders don't let you adjust the meta information to much.

6. Hemjoe

Hemjoe Member

An example of a website builder would be bluevoda or dreamweaver, since you are unsure i guess you aren't using one

7. makemoneyonline

makemoneyonline New Member

What kind of html are you trying to add?

8. Trojan9

Trojan9 New Member

I agree, use a website editor or builder. If your not that familiar with html, use a WYSIWYG editor, there are many out there. Then you can check code and visuals back and fourth easier. Popular ones are Dreamweaver and Frontpage but there are free ones that work, it all depends what your trying to build. Go to download.com and find a editor there or google free ones. If you don't want to do it yourself ask a friend or hire a pro.

good luck

9. duckbird

duckbird New Member

Quoting: makemoneyonlineWhat kind of html are you trying to add?

I'm trying to add google ads

10. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

You should have a copy of the source code saved to your hard drive. When you make changes to your website, you have to upload them via ftp from your hard drive.

That's all I am going to say. You need to learn how to use ftp. Just download a free ftp such as WS and read the readme files. No one is going to explain it to you since it is quite easy. This is all about getting leads (feedback or ideas) and then figuring it out for yourself. You have to do some of the work yourself.

Think about what you are saying. If you would be able to copy/paste code directly onto your website, then you should be able to do that to any website. Does that make sense from a security standpoint? Is Microsoft or Yahoo or Google going to appreciate anyone and everyone "copy/pasting" code and "saving it to their website" as each person wishes?

Newbie Shield
    Helping others to help themselves.

11. duckbird

duckbird New Member

Quoting: Newbie ShieldYou should have a copy of the source code saved to your hard drive. When you make changes to your website, you have to upload them via ftp from your hard drive.

That's all I am going to say. You need to learn how to use ftp. Just download a free ftp such as WS and read the readme files. No one is going to explain it to you since it is quite easy. This is all about getting leads (feedback or ideas) and then figuring it out for yourself. You have to do some of the work yourself.

Think about what you are saying. If you would be able to copy/paste code directly onto your website, then you should be able to do that to any website. Does that make sense from a security standpoint? Is Microsoft or Yahoo or Google going to appreciate anyone and everyone "copy/pasting" code and "saving it to their website" as each person wishes?

Newbie Shield
    Helping others to help themselves.

Thank you for leading my to the water. I will now teach myself how to swim.

12. Hemjoe

Hemjoe Member

i like your play on words "Duckbird"[​IMG]

13. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

You're welcome. If you want to learn HTML for free just go to w3schools.com. There are free HTML tutorials and many other programming tutorials.

14. surferket

surferket New Member

Hi Duck

Try putting paragraphs into your blog post as it's quite difficult to read a whole big chunk of words.

I see you have put your adsense in. You can have up to 3 sets of ads but you are only using 2. Also, while adsense is suppose to be somewhat "intelligent" in that it tries to match ads to your blog's content it really is insane and often mismatches. This is where you need to tweak it with new contents that contains keywords that activate the right kinds of ads for your blog.

Make your blog more interesting by perhaps using 3-columns templates which lets you have more space.

15. duckbird

duckbird New Member

Quoting: surferketTry putting paragraphs into your blog post as it's quite difficult to read a whole big chunk of words.

Thanks for the tip

16. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Use notepad and copy paste data to avoid errors